Card drop rate

Am I the only one that *feels* like the divination card drop rate is a lot less than before 2.0.3 despite it statement that the drop rate that several cards had increased drop rate.
Personal feedback thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1345148
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Not a clue, but I would say it's too low for the grinding challenge.
It'd be nice to add the new cards that are being added as the game goes on as additional choices for the challenge. This would enable a more enjoyable grind.
That is pretty much my impression as well. For something that is supposed to make farming a bit more deterministics they don't seem common enough to grind (at least some of the cards like currency).
Cognitive bias, you might be just unlucky or lucky in pre patch. GGG gain nothing for lying about drop rates and afaik they never lied about drop rates.

Can you tell what card have you tried to farm?
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Sep 15, 2015, 5:47:45 PM
Same thing than always => Run in group or die.
I farmed Humilty for a while alone and gave up after 20+ hours to get one card.

Just ran a waterway map in full group we just dropped 5 Humi and 3 gambler.

Conclusion: Solo playing is still ... well you know ...
Hf :)
"
phaero wrote:
Am I the only one that *feels* like the divination card drop rate is a lot less than before 2.0.3 despite it statement that the drop rate that several cards had increased drop rate.

Don't need to read half the text to be able to answer your first question:

YES, YES YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE!!! Now get a cookie and be happy you hipster.
Some cards have undeserved low drop rates such as sun scarred meadow etc. a single card can sell for more than the cost of the unique to those who want to complete the challenge
"
Dr1MaR wrote:
Some cards have undeserved low drop rates such as sun scarred meadow etc. a single card can sell for more than the cost of the unique to those who want to complete the challenge

Well, that is not terribly unusual - UnID'd items often sell for far more than their comparative worth simply because of the Trade Skill Based Challenges, plus because of their relative low price their is a larger market for them.

Compare to cards like the Ford Celeste Justi-Car, and The Brittle Emperor - where the cards themselves add up to a lower value than the item they redeem for because of the smaller market for them.

It is a weird old place, Wraeclast.

== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
"
kamil1210 wrote:
Cognitive bias, you might be just unlucky or lucky in pre patch. GGG gain nothing for lying about drop rates and afaik they never lied about drop rates.

Can you tell what card have you tried to farm?

You are probably right, I certainly don't have any specific data to back me up. More a feeling like I said in the first post.

Didn't mean to imply that that GGG was lying about drop rates, if that was the impression you got, only that since patch 2.0.3 my feeling is that I've found less cards than before (for example the gambler's card).

The main card I've tried to farm, semi seriously, is Lucky Connections in docks. The thing that annoys me is that I find more fusings than I get from the cards I find (running ~IIQ +43% less zone penalty). Of course it might just be RNG being RNG but that is at least the impression I get.

The other common card in the area where I have farmed the most, docks, is jack in the box but that is a bit hard to comment on since IIQ affects the card drops but IIR *and* IIQ affects the unique drops. However with 89% IIR and 43% IIQ I find more unique items than I find jack in the box cards which still seems a bit weird :P
Last edited by phaero on Sep 16, 2015, 2:47:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info