[2.2 | PSC | JUG/ASS] CI Crit Claw Reaver, 8.5k ES / 100k DPS / 6.8% leech

Introduction

Hey everyone, first off thanks for tuning in, this is my very first guide for POE and Id love if its helpful in any way :)
Im currently level 87 in Perandus Softcore, and I think its very fun if you like the playstyle of Reave, and also pretty strong with the right equipment. I already played a life based Reaver in standard, but I got oneshot quite frequently from 5k hp, so I decided to try out going CI and get some leech going, so I can neither get oneshot nor get killed from high dps.

Pros/Cons

Pros:
-very high clearspeed
-fun to play (may be subjective)
-endgame viable, did maps up to t13, can probably do ANY content with perfect equipment
-good mobility from whirling blades
-instant, high leech
-can do most map mods except for bloodmagic, phys reflect is also a bit annoying

Cons:
-not a build for starting a league, minimum costs are 3 ex with infinite options to upgrade, i spent about 9 ex
-leveling can be a pain if you are solo, requires respec into CI / ES
-rushed playstyle because you need to keep your stacks up
-you are only stun immune while on full endurance charges, if you forget to use enduring cry during boss fights you may get stunlocked to death
-some map bosses are really hard, for example crematorium

Class choice / tree

I chose to go Scion - Juggernaut for the stun immunity, so I dont need to sacrifice my highly valuable amulet slot. Assassin is an obvious choice, since it provides the most damage.
If you happen to have Skyforths, you could also go for shadow - assassin or trickster.
Skilltree:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAAAADsohQ4DljQgbj0iJmBDvoCDCUZxb560DJyk6rrK04cTDXy-incHkyehL2wLf8bviCL0oqMRlvk3bRkPxAceDkgBCdfPEVDZW5f0O3yVLl3yuNlJsTW5GyVSU7jK8NUqCysK3UinKx1PS66XlT1fj_pJUXBSES_pAkyz7BjQ0Otj0B8gbiy_RwZfarVI7-tQMBXX8uHb59RCbWyGrmNDbAi0xaZ_hG_ndOywVmPxihX97UHbGujWjAuNgRB7Iuq5fEscvjpqlcM6j8GaFxmKm7UqONYHkoD7CYTFwaD22ngZGo9vVw==

Bandits: Skillpoint/Skillpoint/power charge

Gems

main attack / chest:
reave - multistrike - faster attacks - melee phys dmg - melee phys dmg on full life (-increased critikal strikes)
I decided to not go the typical elemental dmg route to get more life back from leech, if you really wanna do phys reflect maps, just swap in phys to lightning and weapon ele dmg. Also, ele reflect maps arent a problem at all, you may want to turn off your Herald though.
mobility + discipline / helmet:
whirling blades - faster attacks - fortify - discipline
Im using the Vertex, so my whirling blades is pretty much spammable. The discipline is in there for a free +1 level.
other auras:
herald of ash - blasphemy - warlords mark
I really love warlords mark on blasphemy and Im using it on nearly every melee build, leech and endurance charges are really perfect for this build. With 8 reave stacks the enemies you attack may not be in your blasphemy range, but you mainly need the leech vs bosses anyways, and you still get enough charges.
cwdt setup:
high level cwdt - ice golem - arctic breath - greater multiple projectiles
Automated golem casting. Arctic breath is always good defensively, but not needed. You could also fit in bloodrage, but I prefer to cast it manually. At the start of a map I mostly try to trigger it asap for the dmg increase. I dont wanna use immortal call cause I cant always afford to lose my endurance charges.
remaining stuff:
Enduring Cry, vaal reave - multistrike, blood rage, flame dash
Always keep an eye on your endurance charges and use enduring cry when needed. Flame dash for cliffs obviously.

Gear

My Gear

Weapon: Get a claw with percent leech implicit, 250+ pdps and 7.5% crit. Attack speed is also good, mine is feeling a bit too low.
Offhand: Im using Deaths Hand beacuse its a huge dps boost, I tried a high ES shield, but the leech wasnt sufficient imo. Its just a godly weapon for reave. Maybe its also possible to use an ES shield together with crit gloves(maligaros, shadows and dust, facebreaker), but I havent tried that.
Chest: Rare chest with as much ES as possible. Keep in mind you will have to use a lot of chromes on a pure ES chest, but its probably superior anyways. 500 ES is the absolute minimum here, if you arent using a shield at least.
Helmet:Get the Vertex. Very good stats for its price, and the reduced mana / +1 level is also really helpful.
Boots and Gloves:As much ES as possible, but dont forget you need to cap your resists somehow. Accuracy on gloves is nice, if you dont get some you will need 2 accuracy rings. Movement speed on boots is not needed, we mostly use whirling blades anyways.
Belt:I first went for Auxium, but then I realized I cant cap my resists this way properly. Dorianys is decent, we can use all the stats. I got mine very cheaply corrupted, normally you want the strength for endurance charge generation from high level enduring cry / warlords mark gems. Rare belt can be betetr, but is also more expensive.
Rings:Flat phys dmg, some accuracy, and resists. ES and critchance are a bonus, good rings can be very expensive.
Amulet:Percent and flat es, added phys dmg, crit multi, maybe also accuracy and crit chance, resists if needed. This is a build where you could also calculate the +12% res from endurance charges in because you will have them up all the time, could save you some currency.
Flasks:Lions Roar, Rumis and Taste of Hate are the best unique flasks imo, the other 2 need to have "of Heat" and "of Staunching". Probably Basalt + Jade Flask is also way better than my current setup. If you cant afford Taste of Hate, get an Atziris or another blue flask with anti shock or poison.

Final Words

Thanks you very much for reading through this! Did I forget something or do you have any specific question? Feel free to comment below, I would also appreciate any form of criticism. You can also whisper/add me ingame, I may not be responding instantly though. In the future I may add a video, leveling guides, better formatting and more, just ask.
Have Fun in Wraeclast!

Last bumped on Jul 14, 2016, 2:59:42 PM
How is your dps in HO with auras and fully buffed ?
"
DeeMonk wrote:
How is your dps in HO with auras and fully buffed ?

Playing another char atm and sold some gear, so I cant check the exact numbers anymore.
With just auras I had about 60k dps, with flasks just over 100k (even more if you use a diamond flask). That is only tooltip though, in reality the dps is about 50% higher, since you dont actually attack with the deaths hand.
Sounds fun . post video plz :) also : how much pdps u have on your claw ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info