Whatever the new challenge league is, please, PLEASE...

...make it something that can later be incorporated into the base game.

Past challenge league mechanics do a lot more work in keeping PoE fresh than you might realize. Expansions and new content widen the player's horizon and deepen the game's depth, but it is the challenge leagues that do most to add variety to the gameplay flow through that larger content. Strongboxes, rogue exiles, shrines, Bloodline and Nemesis modifiers, these interrupt the base content by forcing the player to suddenly have to think and react differently to a different kind of obstacle within the challenge they are engaged in. This in turn keeps gameplay fresh and does a ton to combat fatigue, expanding the longevity of the game.

Sadly, it's been a long time since GGG made challenge leagues that were then incorporated into the base game: the last ones were Bloodlines/Torment, which started back in December 2014. That means that the game has had no "slot-into-base-challenges" variety mechanics for one and a half years.

This isn't healthy longterm, especially since GGG is spending tons of resources building these challenge leagues that they ultimately throw away. Chris said in his interview with State of Exile that 2.3's challenge league is larger than their Sacrifice of the Vaal expansion. That's incredible! But it would also be super sad to have all of that investment subsequently thrown away.

I know no challenge leagues are ever truly "lost" because of Zana mods, but the value of using challenge leagues to diversify the base game should not be underestimated.

I also know that GGG don't want to be nailed down to each league they release, and they absolutely should still develop leagues that they know probably won't be added to the base game. But again, it's still very important for the game's health to make sure you do add some every now and then.

So please, GGG, either this league or next league, give us something that can be added to the regular game afterwards. <3
Last edited by JLacan on May 2, 2016, 3:27:45 PM
Last bumped on May 2, 2016, 5:26:36 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Yeah make it a void league so we can remove the parent leagues already .
R.I.P 4.B.
GGG, Thank you again for changing ridicules Two-Weeks double Perandus event.

But you gave us really bad "choices", i really like to see more options like :

Perandus+Ambush+Anarchy+Beyond+Bloodlines+Domination+
Invasion+Nemesis+Onslaught+Rampage+Torment+ Warbands+150% IIR + 150% IIQ

(Solo)Perandus+Ambush+Anarchy+Beyond+Bloodlines+Domination+
Invasion+Nemesis+Onslaught+Rampage+Torment+ Warbands

(Solo)Perandus+Ambush+Anarchy+Beyond+Bloodlines+Domination+
Invasion+Nemesis+Onslaught+Rampage+Torment+ Warbands+150% IIR + 150% IIQ

but you most reset the votes or let people change their votes option.

We love challenge but why not combine it with some fun(IIR+IIQ) anyway its a 2 week event and not entire league, give us to do some fun at least once, im testing now garena Two-Weeks event and i don't remember myself having so much fun in here... don't disappoint us GGG, we believe in you!
[img]http://i.imgur.com/5Ena4Uv.jpg[/img]
[post]http://i.imgur.com/5Ena4Uv.jpg[/post]
[attach]http://i.imgur.com/5Ena4Uv.jpg[/attach]
FIX SIGNATURE IMAGING
"
6439759 wrote:

We love challenge but why not combine it with some fun(IIR+IIQ)

They won't do it for the same reason Blizzard doesn't want to give people vanilla servers. They always claim that we don't really want that. Because, you know, as a developer they know better than us stupid players.
What might work would be if new expansions had variegated mechanics so that some of those mechanics could be brought into STD, but some would not.

Example idea, what if p.coins were brought into the main game and could be traded to Hargan for a random unique item, but there was no cadiro? Or, what if talismans were brought into the main game but instead of having separate tiers they were separated by rarity (so T2 is 5x less likely than T1, etc). Those probably aren't good ideas but you get what I mean. This is kind of what they did with Invasion, so there's some precedent.
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
"
What might work would be if new expansions had variegated mechanics so that some of those mechanics could be brought into STD, but some would not.

Example idea, what if p.coins were brought into the main game and could be traded to Hargan for a random unique item, but there was no cadiro? Or, what if talismans were brought into the main game but instead of having separate tiers they were separated by rarity (so T2 is 5x less likely than T1, etc). Those probably aren't good ideas but you get what I mean. This is kind of what they did with Invasion, so there's some precedent.

It would be cool if it was Cadiro though, since he's got cool lore and has a model and everything. It could be like you say though, where he just sits in a town and maybe every day/week offers a new unique for x amount of coins, and p-coins could just be another random drop...

But yeah you are right, there are niche ways they could carve out space for old league mechanics without just adding them. This is a thing I hope GGG explore if they do add more mechanics to the base game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info