New audio system discussion

Will we retain the ability to disable Reverberation for the game audio?
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Jun 2, 2016, 4:25:10 AM
Last bumped on Jun 5, 2016, 8:16:48 AM
Yep reverb can still be turned off (Though it's so much better now you might not want too)
The audio guy.
Andrew, can you tell us a little about the new audio system and what it's going to enable you and the rest of the team to do going forward?
Ruby light of Songbird dreaming,
Daring King of Swords deceiving,
Queen of Sirens left in grieving,
Star of Wraeclast evermore.
There will be some form of news post in the near future covering the audio engine improvements.

Should cover all the major points, but if you have any questions after that I'll happily answer them!
The audio guy.
I'm very excited for this.
*You call into the void. You hear a sound in the distance.*
"
Andrew_GGG wrote:
Yep reverb can still be turned off (Though it's so much better now you might not want too)
Nice.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
I'll keep that in mind - thanks for the reply.
Ruby light of Songbird dreaming,
Daring King of Swords deceiving,
Queen of Sirens left in grieving,
Star of Wraeclast evermore.
Need more info for the audio system! The patch notes are quite vague!
Computer specifications:
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Jun 2, 2016, 4:26:31 AM
I asked a while back about being able to disable non-gameplay related sounds. It wasn't possible to disable sounds like the screaming demons and sniffing dogs in towns previously without disabling everything due to how the audio engine worked. Will it now be possible to disable only sounds like these that aren't gameplay related?
Will there be a possibility to add a mono sound option to the game?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info