What kind of hideout would you like to see?

I haven't done much with my hideout since my last two hideous:

Mausoleum of Bones (Featured as hideout of the week)

Vale of Exiles

Feel like I should give hideout making another go eventhough there hasn't been any additions to it.

Would like to get some ideas/inspiration on where or what to start on based on what you guys would like to see made into a hideout. It can be a theme or whatever, anything to get the wheel turning.

Cheers :)
[3.7]Chaos Agnostic - CRAZY Life & Mana Sustain!!!:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2590042

[S1E8]Hideout of the week, Mausoleum of Bones: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1088469
Last bumped on Jun 11, 2016, 5:45:10 PM
I have at least two ideas right now...
1. Some kind of small fisher village on the coastal hideout, somewhat old and damaged buildings, partly entire areas built from old boat and ship parts, maybe even whale skeletons. Some kind of forge area (elreon) and fish everywhere. Also a kind of marketplace (ideal for map device). Also a part of the cost is somewhat limited in access due to a mangrove forest, some trees are decorated with skulls and bones (to ward off spirits which can prove to be completely useless if you have a whisp swarm or use glowing embers 2).

Edit: For that last area I had something in mind like the area around Tia Dalma's hut in pirates of the carribean. Which could also be an entire hideout on it's own.

2. A jungle camp similar to that of alira (With catarina in the center, maybe even with some kind of altar and/or whisp swarms). Exiles living in tents around it, gathering at fireplaces or preparing caught rhoas and other prey so that they can be turned into almost edible food ("They're the foulest foul I've ever tasted. Still, exiles can't be choosers." -Nessa). The entire area is covered in remains of an acient civilisation and completely overgrown. A few fishermen try their luck aswell, there are even some small wooden huts.

I hope I could help :D
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Last edited by FCK42 on May 24, 2016, 9:37:36 PM
"
FCK42 wrote:
I have at least two ideas right now...
1. Some kind of small fisher village on the coastal hideout, somewhat old and damaged buildings, partly entire areas built from old boat and ship parts, maybe even whale skeletons. Some kind of forge area (elreon) and fish everywhere. Also a kind of marketplace (ideal for map device). Also a part of the cost is somewhat limited in access due to a mangrove forest, some trees are decorated with skulls and bones (to ward off spirits which can prove to be completely useless if you have a whisp swarm or use glowing embers 2).

Edit: For that last area I had something in mind like the area around Tia Dalma's hut in pirates of the carribean. Which could also be an entire hideout on it's own.

2. A jungle camp similar to that of alira (With catarina in the center, maybe even with some kind of altar and/or whisp swarms). Exiles living in tents around it, gathering at fireplaces or preparing caught rhoas and other prey so that they can be turned into almost edible food ("They're the foulest foul I've ever tasted. Still, exiles can't be choosers." -Nessa). The entire area is covered in remains of an acient civilisation and completely overgrown. A few fishermen try their luck aswell, there are even some small wooden huts.

I hope I could help :D

Thanks!

I quite like the idea of a coastal fishing village using Haku's layout, been meaning to give that a go.

Will give it more though to get some ideas going before I try messing around.

[3.7]Chaos Agnostic - CRAZY Life & Mana Sustain!!!:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2590042

[S1E8]Hideout of the week, Mausoleum of Bones: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1088469
Eternal empire/roman/theopolis themed would be awesome!
i consider myself good with hideouts and usually build my own instead of suggesting my ideas to anyone. but there is a very special case for what i have in mind, so how about try to make the fortress of solitude? its that superman shit, his irl hideout! see in smallville tv show, it appears a lot there!

the reasons why i didnt try to make it myself is that:

1) i dont have the decors needed (they are all mtx, and until ggg replies to me about the global 820 topic, im not giving a single $). you will need ice crystals, those dark crystals, and a shitload of snow (and using cata webs as well, although they are at least cheap)! probably coastal hideout but no base hideout really fits the theme, so you will need all the skill to actually pull that off!

2) technically speaking, it isnt my idea :( im just sharing it here, but im not the one who got the idea first. but since no one managed to do it before...well yeah, it would be awesome if someone managed!
Last edited by hideouts on Jun 11, 2016, 5:45:55 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info