Guild Stash Functionality & "Bug" Report

Hello GGG,

First a "bug" report.
The order of the tabs in our guild stash has inexplicably changed twice. Two tabs have swapped places twice. Of course this happens AFTER moving everything from one tab to the other for the desired order, renaming the tabs involved and then doing it AGAIN after the "bug." To achieve the desired results the contents of the tabs will need to be moved AGAIN, for the third time, as a result of this "bug."

I am the leader of a guild and have been so for over a year. Every time a stash tab is added or a temp league ends the guild stash requires maintenance.

In personal stashes, stash management is much more manageable when compared to a guild stash. Managing a guild stash would be so much easier if the following functionality were enabled, like with personal stashes.

1.) CTRL + Click to move items from the guild stash to your inventory.

2.) Ability to "slide" tabs for placement in a desired order.

Please consider enabling the above mentioned functionality in guild stashes as it is with personal stashes. I'm rather certain that any other guild leader who has a stash with many tabs to manage would appreciate, as much as I would, having the above mentioned functionality for their guild stash.

Thank you for your careful consideration of this request.

Kind Regards,
AuroraHorizon
In this world evil will always rise to power because evil has no morals, knows no limits and has no concern or consideration for anything other than itself.
Last bumped on May 30, 2016, 8:25:42 AM
I'll +1 your suggestions but...

Spoiler
"
AuroraHorizon wrote:
I am the leader of a guild and have been so for over a year.

It's not even been a year since I stopped being the leader of that guild and I sure don't remember you even being in it at the time. xD
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
I am the founder of Synergy, the one who created the guild. No, I did not do so with this account, I did with another. You were the temporary leader of the Synergy guild for a couple of months because I care for the guild and wanted someone capable of managing it in my absence, for which I thank you for your efforts.

I hope you are well and things are going good for you, your family and your own guild.

Thank you for the +1

*EDIT*
I am no longer affiliated with the Synergy guild.
In this world evil will always rise to power because evil has no morals, knows no limits and has no concern or consideration for anything other than itself.
Last edited by AuroraHorizon on Jun 19, 2016, 11:58:59 PM
I noticed long ago that the guild tabs changed order as remove only tabs got cleaned out and disappeared. It was indeed frustrating until I figured out the trigger. I did report it as a bug but i think they forgot guilds existed as soon as 1.0.0 was released. I'll try to find that bug report so you can see what I posted.

Edit: here's my bug report https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1117484. It's very frustrating. I stopped cleaning out the remove only tabs because of it. If the stash is going to be all disorganized anyway, why bother putting so much time into cleaning it up?
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on May 25, 2016, 9:13:11 AM
Hello mark1030,

Thank you for your comment and effort reporting that bug. I have observed that the order of tabs change as you clean out remove only tabs, an issue that would be so easily solved with the requested functionality of being able to slide tabs into the desired position as you can with your personal stash.

Although one of the tab order changes could be attributed to cleaning out a remove only tab, I believe the other two instances of the tabs changing position were unrelated to the cleaning out of a remove only tab.

I think you are correct in that guilds were forgotten. I have heard from members that GGG is "working" on additional guild features and functionality for nearly a year and I am still expectantly waiting for something to happen in that regard.

Some method of identifying when a member was last online would be really helpful in the efforts to maintaining an active roster, the guild stash functionality mentioned above would also be very helpful. I have had many comments in guild chat related to the possibility of a guild hideout.

There are so many things that could be done to foster guild activity, manageability and community involvement. I'm unsure why there has been nothing at all done to improve guilds in such a long time. Improving guild communities and fostering their growth will improve player retention due to the social aspects associated. Any business man can tell you that customer retention is one of the cornerstones to longevity and success of a company.

I think it would be beneficial if some effort was directed toward guild and community development for both the player base as well as the bottom line of GGG's ledgers.
Ah, well that explains a lot. :)

"
AuroraHorizon wrote:
I hope you are well and things are going good for you, your family and your own guild.

Back at ya.

Late edit:
After a bit of thought, let's not minimize my position in the guild by just saying I only led it for a couple of months. As co-founder I played a much larger roll in guild leadership than you're putting on. Sure, I only held the position of leader for a couple of months but I led the guild for the entirety that I was there.
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
Last edited by Shovelcut on May 25, 2016, 1:30:31 PM
don't get your hopes up for guild stash improvements, it's a complicated issue to sync simultaneous user actions especially if they span across multiple databases like they do in poe.

although, i can't really figure out what's the technical difference between drag and drop an item or ctrl+click moving it, except that the action for ctrl+click movements will take substantially longer than the one between inventory and stash because of the reasons above.

sadly, guild stash tabs are another topic on the list of potentially income earners for ggg which get more complicated to handle the more you support the company. should have more prio but i think that got mentioned already by many players :-)

i'm really hoping that ggg improves guilds soon and get's the balance right between keeping the dedicated players who play guild leaders motivated and at the same time reducing their power by removing the poe point transfers towards the guild leader.

in case they won't remove it, it would only be fair if they openly allow transfering poe points between several accounts without ggg support being involved. .
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on May 30, 2016, 8:22:19 AM
"
vio wrote:

reducing their power by removing the real money transfer towards the guild leader in form of poe points.
The wording of this might be misleading to people who aren't guild leaders. Any poe points are locked into the guild and cannot be removed. They aren't transferred to the guild leader. The only thing the guild leader can do with those points is use them to buy things for the guild. Currently that is only guild member slots and guild stash tabs.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
mark1030 wrote:
The wording of this might be misleading to people who aren't guild leaders.

you're right, i corrected that.

"
mark1030 wrote:
Any poe points are locked into the guild and cannot be removed. They aren't transferred to the guild leader.

a guild basically consists of the guild leader as he has the power to (sooner or later) kick all members and enjoy the guild stash space others financed for himself.

ethically not correct but it's possible and legal.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info