The Endgame Labyrinth

What is that armor worn by the toon in the gauntlet image?
POE Serenity Prayer: GGG, grant me the serenity to accept the RNG I cannot change,
the courage to challenge any unbalanced content, and the wisdom to avoid the forums.
Mad: "Oh, it's simple and if you insist... I just think you're a dick. That's all."
QFT: 4TRY4C&4NO
Last edited by Phaeded on May 25, 2016, 4:17:46 AM
"
Vhlad wrote:

It was already excessive in version 3 lab, where access was unlimited at-will. With the introduction of scarcity to endgame lab access, the time between new enchants can be long which makes it even more important for us to be able to continue working on our gear without ruining the useful bonuses we've already obtained.

With 360+ helm enchant possibilities and access scarcity, it's going to take way too long to self-find a suitable helm enchant. Even with trade, it's quite likely that the majority of players will not get the enchantment they desire in a temp league timeframe. In fact, it's probable that most players will not get a usable helm enchant before the next passive reset/meta shift/helm upgrade.

so every league you play, you get shavronnes, kaom and corrupt level4 empower all by yourself?
No rest for the wicked
Last edited by mezmery on May 25, 2016, 4:20:03 AM
I can already tell that the sentinel traps are just going to fuck up melee players...
Also, someone wanna bet the one that hurts you while using a movement skill will instant-kill people that use cyclone?
Extra points if they are somehow immune to Righteous Fire degen, like totems used to be.
Last edited by Kaemonarch on May 25, 2016, 4:32:18 AM
So what does Scion get with 2 more points ?
People on HC labyrinth ladder at the moment of writing:

Permanent HC: 3
Perandus HC: 35

Seems like the labyrinth is such a hit in HC leagues (during the last few days that I've checked the ladders perma HC has always been less than 20 and Perandus HC has always been less than 100).

I've played mostly HC for the last 2+ years but switched mostly to SC during Perandus because I didn't want to run any additional labyrinths. IF I end up playing Prophecy I will play SC only because I don't want to limit myself to armor+life+regen builds just to be moderately safe in the one content I absolutely abhor.

Is Chris really too arrogant to see his beloved labyrinth isn't loved by a large portion of the players, and will he rather kill the HC leagues than admit the labyrinth is a flawed experiment as a mandatory ARPG content?
Last edited by kuukkeli on May 25, 2016, 4:42:41 AM
So the new lab will do two things, alienate players and make the hyper rich 0.001% of the game more hyper rich.

Most of the feedback to this project is negative on the forums and you have used the excuse that it is a "vocal minority" to save face on the issue. However, if those dedicated and knowledgeable enough to voice their opinions here overwhelmingly oppose your choices, logically derive what that means for the general population of the game. Most people will barely be able to run regular lab with the gear they have, so when they reach this new tier riddled with instant death they will likely do it once or twice, die horribly and just pay someone to run them through for their points. You have recently talked about your vision of what path of exile should be in the most recent state of exile video as a game one can come home to and enjoy while potentially watching TV while having to return your attention to it when a difficult enemy or mechanic presents itself. I do not understand then why you keep pushing for content that is then punishingly difficult. You are not catering to the general populace like you say you want to but instead produce more and more content that only the hyper rich or dedicated will have access to.

You have also stated that you are satisfied with how much diversity you have in the content of the game as of now, how saturated the content is. Then why push this Lab project so hard? It exhibits the kind of mechanics that only a scumbag second rate game would use for player retention, incredibly low percent to acquire items, immense time necessary to do so, and immense wealth needed to even try which of course leads to more time sunk into the game. Changes in the way this content is approached are needed, there needs to be a more deterministic way of acquiring them. No one is asking for handouts here, but what you are doing at the moment is unbearable and will likely cause more damage to the game than any benefit it will provide.

I also find your attitude towards the whole tier 4 as rather offensive. Leaving out information and saying you are looking forward to the twitch streams feels incredibly childish. Like a dungeon master wringing his hands in front of his party in anticipation of watching them die in the unfair garbage he set up to make himself feel smart.

=========================================================

Also to those clamoring that you don't need to run the lab for the enchants and can just buy them, you know in demand enchants that people actually want to get will be going for 20-50ex when tier 4 comes out. Its naive to think people will not corner the market and price gouge those who don't want to waste their time to death.
~ I am Wreaclast middle class and proud of it!
~ Poor investment =/= entitlement to compensation.
~ Build smart, build S-mart!
Last edited by Ageless_Emperion on May 25, 2016, 4:43:31 AM
I am really excited for the end-game lab, but there are a few concerns I have. The two major problems I have with Lab currently are as follows:

1. It wasn't really worth exploring/clearing the lab due to the low monster level and most of the time the silver chests weren't worth grabbing; it was better to just rush through the lab and open the chests at the end for loot. It seems like this is being improved, since the new lab will be higher level and they said they wanted to make the silver chests and stuff drop better loot. I hope that the end-game lab will be able to drop at least T12 maps from the chests at the end, and also be high enough level that you can get decent exp from running it on a 90+ level character.

2. I am not a fan of the way enchants are implemented currently - that is you choose which item to enchant and it just overwrites whatever enchant was there before. There were times during Perandus League where I had a useful enchant on an item even if it wasn't perfect, and giving up a useful enchant for a random one feels like a waste. There have been some suggestions already in this thread that I think would be an improvement, for example turning the enchant into a consumable item that can be traded. Another option would be to give you a choice of 3 enchants, with whatever your current enchant is as one of the options, similar to how Diablo 3 handles rerolling stats on gear.

In any case, I am really looking forward to Prophecy league and the new lab, and I think its awesome how much content GGG keeps putting into this game. I have been playing this game on and off since closed beta, and Perandus was the first league I played the whole time (I also spent more money than I normally do in a league as well). I hope at some point GGG will reconsider allowing the end-game labyrinth to be modified by currency/zana the same as maps, since if they really intend for lab to be a viable end-game option it makes sense to give players the opportunity to add a large amount of risk/reward via crafting. I mean just imagine, a 20% 8-mod corrupted end-game labyrinth! I imagine that would be really rewarding for players who truly like to push the limits of their character, without really taking anything away from players who only plan on running the new lab once for their class points.
"
Wiesl_1404 wrote:
ranged characters on the other hand can mostly ignore this type of trap, Blink Arrow or Lightning Warp over it without enganging into the mechanics.
...or they can just hold RMB (as they do it most of the time anyway) and DGAF about trap that will be permanently suppressed xD
"
Mr_Cee wrote:
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Sentinel Traps are stationary traps that can be suppressed by dealing damage to them.

Are these traps detected/attacked by totems, or are Ancestral Bond builds fucked up here?
Of course.
edit: it will also be "fun" if some of that sentinel "traps" will be on the island, so to say. AB/spark users will definitely appreciate that.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Last edited by silumit on May 25, 2016, 5:02:37 AM
"
So the new lab will do two things, alienate players and make the hyper rich 0.001% of the game more hyper rich.

Most of the feedback to this project is negative on the forums and you have used the excuse that it is a "vocal minority" to save face on the issue. However, if those dedicated and knowledgeable enough to voice their opinions here overwhelmingly oppose your choices, logically derive what that means for the general population of the game. Most people will barely be able to run regular lab with the gear they have, so when they reach this new tier riddled with instant death they will likely do it once or twice, die horribly and just pay someone to run them through for their points. You have recently talked about your vision of what path of exile should be in the most recent state of exile video as a game one can come home to and enjoy while potentially watching TV while having to return your attention to it when a difficult enemy or mechanic presents itself. I do not understand then why you keep pushing for content that is then punishingly difficult. You are not catering to the general populace like you say you want to but instead produce more and more content that only the hyper rich or dedicated will have access to.

You have also stated that you are satisfied with how much diversity you have in the content of the game as of now, how saturated the content is. Then why push this Lab project so hard? It exhibits the kind of mechanics that only a scumbag second rate game would use for player retention, incredibly low percent to acquire items, immense time necessary to do so, and immense wealth needed to even try which of course leads to more time sunk into the game. Changes in the way this content is approached are needed, there needs to be a more deterministic way of acquiring them. No one is asking for handouts here, but what you are doing at the moment is unbearable and will likely cause more damage to the game than any benefit it will provide.

I also find your attitude towards the whole tier 4 as rather offensive. Leaving out information and saying you are looking forward to the twitch streams feels incredibly childish. Like a dungeon master wringing his hands in front of his party in anticipation of watching them die in the unfair garbage he set up to make himself feel smart.

=========================================================

Also to those clamoring that you don't need to run the lab for the enchants and can just buy them, you know in demand enchants that people actually want to get will be going for 20-50ex when tier 4 comes out. Its naive to think people will not corner the market and price gouge those who don't want to waste their time to death.

I usually just lurk,i don't really post that often but i was about to write a wall of text as a response but quite honestly it's not worth it,all i can say is that perhaps you are playing the wrong game.
You are the vocal minority,even more so it seems that you are a casual vocal minority which means that your opinion is strongly biased toward easy pickings.
Here is how this works and always has: They announce new league,few people whine that it's gonna be bad and basically will fail,and almost every time they set new records for participant numbers in those leagues.

You don't have the time to sink in to the game? then don't,there are plenty of builds that cost few exalts and can clear almost anything up to and at times including uber piety.
And wtf is that thing about immense wealth needed to even try? This league i played charge generator SRS,the gear that i got on my character cost me in total maybe around 1.5/2 exalts,that's about 5 exalts in total on STD,and i am at the point where i could in theory clear whatever the game has as long as it doesn't involve blood magic. Now unless the new lab is on par with Uber piety,i really don't think it's gonna be an issue at all. So again...vocal minority.

P.S. most of us who play the game like there is no tomorrow just learn to live with whatever we get thrown at,the players that have no issue taking on whatever challenge they throw at us without us getting buttclenched over it,trust me when i tell you there are more of us than you can imagine.
No rest for the wicked.
So many Lab haters, oh dear!
I have been doing just about wonderfully without getting just the right helm enchant!
Somehow, people assume that if X is in the game, then getting the best X is suddenly mandatory for everyone.
Labyrinth is still optional content, still not too difficult (I have yet to die a single time in it... though, seeing the massive negative feedback, I may have been the one doing it wrong?) and still enjoyable (at least for me).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info