[2.5] The Ultimate Summoner: 11 Auras 11k+ ES Low Life SRS (Original)

Introducing: THE ULTIMATE SUMMONER by Captain WARLORD

A build developed over several versions and perfected to what it is today.

I started out with an idea, actually quite a while ago, dating back to April 2016. I later developed it to the version of August 2016, both of which were terrible in retrospect. They couldn't even remotely clear Atziri. I later revisited with newly gained knowlegde and crafted the current version.

A few things first:

👊 This build got nerfed very hard due to reduced maximum number of SRS.
👊 Performance should be better now due to lower number of SRS (haven't tested yet).
👊 A lot of auras can cause lag and fps drops when interacting with lots of SRS (known issue).
👊 This build cannot clear The Shaper in its actual form because his beam attack basically annihilates your SRS (but I will provide a solution below).
👊 This build does not come cheap. It needs a few key uniques.
👊 This build only works on Low Life.
👊 This build requires a high level (70+ recommended).

I do have a video guide up, but that one's a bit outdated and doesn't cover all the actual info.

I have been contacted by someone else on this forum who basically just outright copied my guide and didn't even give me a mention (I don't like that). You can find it on the forum here if you look hard enough. That's why there's "original" in the title.

Anyway, what you are looking at is an endgame-tested full support or solo Summoner build that uses SRS as the main skill. The main damage comes from the Necromancer Ascendancy and auras. Commander of Darkness provides the main damage source for your minions and allies. These are furthermore empowered by the use of the Animated Guardian skill gem in conjunction with 2 unique items: Dying Breath and Leer Cast.

My older setup also used Summon Lightning Golem for the 11th aura called "Storm Nimbus" which adds flat Lightning damage to attacks and spells to you and allies. But don't worry, I will post both of the setups here.

First, let me explain why I say the build got nerfed really hard.

This build uses damage auras that scale very well with the number of SRS. Simple example:

50 SRS before: ( 100 base damage + 30% ) * 50 = 6500
20 SRS now: ( 200 base damage + 30% ) * 20 = 5200
Even if it's actually ( 250 base damage + 30%) * 20 = 6500, it still got nerfed hard.

Since I use Wrath and Anger, it's far worse now. All that flat damage gains value the higher the number of SRS. Since it's now less than half, you are missing out on so much damage. Which is huuuuuuuuge. I'm not even sure if any of the previous clears will be possible now (or at least take so much longer).

On the other side, the build should perform better now in terms of lag and fps drops. Lesser numbers of SRS equals less aura back-and-forth calculations which in turn increase performance. This is a known issue.

All auras used:

1. Clarity
2. Haste
3. Grace
4. Anger
5. Wrath
6. Hatred
7. Discipline
8. Vaal Haste
9. Leer Cast
10. Dying Breath
11. Summon Lightning Golem

Now, with the 2.5 Update came a lot of good stuff. I especially like the new United in Dream unique which could potentially replace Haste. Still, this item would have been a blast for 2.4 (more SRS = more damage).

Due to the high amount of auras, you need to focus on a lot of reduced Mana Reservation, which is why this build is recommended for higher levels. Although I have gotten feedback for it in HC with leveling as well, so there's that.

HOW TO KILL SHAPER

Since he eats through SRS when they engage, just rearrange your gem setup like this:

1. Summon Raging Spirit
2. Empower (3/4) Support
3. Minion Life Support
4. Minion Damage Support
5. Rapid Decay Support
6. Concentrated Effect Support

Click image for passive tree

BANDITS:

1. Kill all
2. Kill all
3. Kill all

Since I don't have my old characters anymore, I will have to do this by hand and from memory.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

GEAR:

Weapon: The Scourge (recommended) or United in Dream (drop Haste) or Clayshaper

Shield: Prism Guardian (mandatory)

Chest: Shavronne's Wrappings (mandatory)

Rings: Unset Rings (recommended); high ES, mana regen and resistances

Helmet, Gloves, Amulet, Boots and Belt: high ES and resistances, also mana regen on jewellery

Flasks: Granite, Taste of Hate, Basalt, Sorrow of the Divine, Quicksilver

Jewels: % increased Energy Shield, Minion Damage/Life, resistances; Energy from Within to convert life nodes to ES

GEM SETUPS:

1. Summon Raging Spirit
2. Spell Echo Support
3. Melee Splash Support
4. Minion Damage Support
5. Empower Support (only when level 4) or Melee Physical Damage Support
6. Elemental Focus Support

1. Animated Guardian or Cast When Damage Taken (1)
2. Minion Life or Immortal Call
3. Summon Lightning Golem or Increased Duration Support

Shield:
1. Wrath
2. Anger
3. Grace

1. Raise Zombie
2. Melee Physical Damage Support
3. Elemental Focus Support
4. Minion Damage Support

1. Hatred
2. Haste
3. Clarity
4. Blood Magic (only linked to Clarity)

1. Convocation or Desecrate
2. Discipline
3. Vaal Summon Skeletons or Elemental Weakness
4. Spirit Offering

Ring 1: Orb of Storms

Ring 2: Vaal Haste

Amulet: Vaal Lighting Trap

"
i'm making your build on essence hardcore, i'm at lv 79 and i make maps t9 very easy with lorica .. i have 5.1k ES and i trying get some currency to buy shavs :D

TY

"
With the new ES belt base this would be even better.
Really cool build. I have been playing a similar build, but with specters instead of srs. But cool alternative!

"
TYVM bro! Will start the new league with ur build. Really hyped.

PLAYLIST

New videos will be posted at some point.
"Every action has an equal and opposite reaction."

www.youtube.com/captainwarlord
Last edited by CaptainWARLORD_ on Jan 6, 2017, 3:25:09 AM
Last bumped on Jan 6, 2017, 3:18:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info