[3.1] ED Tri-Curse OCC | Hybrid, CI, LL | UberAtziri/Lab/Shaper

I played ED some leagues ago and I remember that the weapon progression would be consuming dark (cheap) > delirium dagger > back to consuming dark. The reason being that once you hit a certain amount of damage, the poison from CD was stronger than the decay.

I see you put poison as a 6L and continue to use the delirium dagger. Have you tested switching back to consuming dark to apply the poison and using pierce as the 6th link for an additional more multiplier? How does the damage compare?
great guide, I hit level 94 yesterday and still have to upgrade a lot my current gear.
just out of curiosity, why are you using whirling blades as movement setup? people say that shield charge would be better overall because it should provide more speed, but that's all I know about that. I did a test with whirling blades too and couldn't notice a great difference. thank you!
Last edited by Giammafix on Apr 2, 2017, 5:19:44 AM
"
Astrohawke wrote:
I played ED some leagues ago and I remember that the weapon progression would be consuming dark (cheap) > delirium dagger > back to consuming dark. The reason being that once you hit a certain amount of damage, the poison from CD was stronger than the decay.

I see you put poison as a 6L and continue to use the delirium dagger. Have you tested switching back to consuming dark to apply the poison and using pierce as the 6th link for an additional more multiplier? How does the damage compare?

Final damage is pretty much the same. Consuming Dark is 5-6% lower accoring to my math, lacking of attack speed for WB and has no block.

"
Giammafix wrote:

great guide, I hit level 94 yesterday and still have to upgrade a lot my current gear.
just out of curiosity, why are you using whirling blades as movement setup? people say that shield charge would be better overall because it should provide more speed, but that's all I know about that. I did a test with whirling blades too and couldn't notice a great difference. thank you!

Feel free to use whatever you like. I pick WB because this allows me to drop movement speed on boots for another usefull stat and it just feels better. People say that cus shield charge scales from MS and AS while whirling blades uses only AS, so you can possibly reach higher speed, but imo its not THAT big difference. Check some videos for WB speed examples ;)
Last edited by no1else515 on Apr 2, 2017, 5:55:53 AM
In my personal experience, poison damage is a lot superior - even at low stacks - when compared to decay in all non-poison immune bosses (i.e. all content except Hydra and Chimera).

That happens because poison on ED double dips on all damage stats except damage over time.

I made tons of experiments in past leagues with all the possible combos, and I ended going dual wield (CD + decay Sai) to have both, exception made for Hydra and Chimera where I used a high ES shield to replace Consuming Dark. Dual wielding has the big advantage of providing 10% more attack speed (QoL on whirling blades) and a decent block chance (15% + 6% from the Sai).

I'm a softcore player, I understand that for HC dual wielding is less safe.
Even for HC dual wielding is nice in extreme cases (shaper). The fight is so volatile towards then end that you just want to be done asap. Consuming Dark + Breath of the Council is just godlike for bringing him down without having to risk things getting out of hand.
"
Nedieth wrote:
Even for HC dual wielding is nice in extreme cases (shaper). The fight is so volatile towards then end that you just want to be done asap. Consuming Dark + Breath of the Council is just godlike for bringing him down without having to risk things getting out of hand.

Its a good option too but i personaly would say its not worth to give shaper ability to oneshot you with slam on HC. Sometimes he gets you on very edge of aoe.
Last edited by no1else515 on Apr 2, 2017, 7:17:50 AM
With the recent discussion concerning Consuming Dark vs Delirium Sai, I imported the build into Path of Building. I never play ED before so the damage numbers are kinda greek to me. Here are 3 screenshots of the different setups. The Sai does not have spell damage, while the Consuming Dark have 59% spell damage. My apology for not putting all three in one picture as I don't know how to do that in Paint.

Delirium/Empower
http://imgur.com/WOhwT5y

Delirium/Poison
http://imgur.com/a/aS6s2

Consuming/Empower
http://imgur.com/a/WqFii

Before I try to recolor my Shav to 4 green as the OP suggest (for poison), can someone shed some light on those Consuming Dark/Empower numbers because they just look huge compare to the other two.
"
IchiMorghulis wrote:
With the recent discussion concerning Consuming Dark vs Delirium Sai, I imported the build into Path of Building. I never play ED before so the damage numbers are kinda greek to me. Here are 3 screenshots of the different setups. The Sai does not have spell damage, while the Consuming Dark have 59% spell damage. My apology for not putting all three in one picture as I don't know how to do that in Paint.

Delirium/Empower
http://imgur.com/WOhwT5y

Delirium/Poison
http://imgur.com/a/aS6s2

Consuming/Empower
http://imgur.com/a/WqFii

Before I try to recolor my Shav to 4 green as the OP suggest (for poison), can someone shed some light on those Consuming Dark/Empower numbers because they just look huge compare to the other two.

The numbers for CD + Empower are obviously the best because you are running an effective 7 link (poison is included in the dagger). Plus, CD has a nice spell damage affix which double dips with the poison output.

Decay damage is pretty weak when compared to poison damage, but having both is nice if you can.
@noone, that is true. Personally I use a quicksilver flask + flame dash over whirling blades. I can always fit 2x dash between his teleport and smash landing, so I have not been hit by that since for ever. It is still true that being able to take one of all his hits does make the run quite a bit safer. I guess I just pref the risk of being one shot to the risk of fighting for so long that the area fills with slow and I get stubborn and die.
Hello, I've started to play this build a few days ago, I'm using the LL setup with a Delirium Sai + Poison gem. I find myself having some troubles with mana, sometimes I dont have enough to do Contagion + ED combo. Is it advisable to take some %mana nodes?

This is my gear

Can I improve something in order to get less mana problems?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info