[3.6 Video Guide] Beginner's Guide SRS Baron Life [HC/SC/Atziri/Uber Izaro/Shaper Viable]

"
Crumplezone wrote:
I have to ask in regards to this build, where is the survivibility in it?

I'm lvl 64, clearing act 9 and I'm litterally having the AI ignore the flaming skulls and summon skeletons and come straight at me, its the same with boss fights I just have a boss running around after me instead of the minions which are doing all the damage.

I tried using decoy totem but the decoy totem most of the time doesn't even get to fire off its taunt without dying since the totem seems to have almost non-existant health.

I'm not having issue kiling things, but I'm just almost constantly having to hit the health pot buttons since my health seems to constantly drop 50% everytime the AI mobs ignore my minions or the totem.

I've got just over 3k health and 800 odd ES with 70% in fire/lightn/cold but it still feels like the mobs are pushing my **** alot.

I haven't been able to clear cruel lab yet either due to the fact izaro is constantly bum rushing me instead of going for the minions instead and with SRS they tend to focus on the adds rather than him to.

I use QS flasks to kite the bosses, cast some SRS, keep moving. I've done Izaro up to merc and had to watch his mechanics. Keep kiting him, avoid his rush/slams. You'll probably eat the slash wave shit he does, but if you're constantly moving you should be good. Cast when you can, but most importantly stay alive. You can't just stand in place and spam SRS.

This is my build now. Necro lvl 81 sitting at 5k5 hp.
Just did Merc lab and picked Spirit Eater and mobs AND bosses die faster now !
Now I need more hp regen. Should i get it from jewels or gears ?
Can someone post a path of building link for me? I have not been able to load the build planner for the last 2 days. Stuck on 8 points that I'm not sure how to spend. Thanks in advance
"
Hobben wrote:
"
BearMauling wrote:
I got super lucky and the shrieking essence gave me a +3 maul but i dont have the chromes to get 3 blue. What should i use instead of one of the blue gems?

I sort of asked this question when talking about a 5l earlier.

The answer is you actually want a 4r 2b until you can craft vegans blood magic on it.

SRS -> minion dmg -> melee splash -> melee phys dmg -> ele dmg with attacks -> blood magic

Then when you can get the blood magic craft you drop the BM gem and use minion speed and that's when you need 3b 3r.

hob

+1

sick wep bro!

"
Crumplezone wrote:
I have to ask in regards to this build, where is the survivibility in it?

I'm lvl 64, clearing act 9 and I'm litterally having the AI ignore the flaming skulls and summon skeletons and come straight at me, its the same with boss fights I just have a boss running around after me instead of the minions which are doing all the damage.

I tried using decoy totem but the decoy totem most of the time doesn't even get to fire off its taunt without dying since the totem seems to have almost non-existant health.

I'm not having issue kiling things, but I'm just almost constantly having to hit the health pot buttons since my health seems to constantly drop 50% everytime the AI mobs ignore my minions or the totem.

I've got just over 3k health and 800 odd ES with 70% in fire/lightn/cold but it still feels like the mobs are pushing my **** alot.

I haven't been able to clear cruel lab yet either due to the fact izaro is constantly bum rushing me instead of going for the minions instead and with SRS they tend to focus on the adds rather than him to.

Hey,

If you feel that the skellies are not doing their job, switch it for a Decoy totem of higher lvl, you are most likely using a lower lvld Decoy totem that doesn't really survive the pressure, in higher lvls it is alright to use tbh.

3k Health is very low though :S
At lvl 64 your SRS should have no problems dealing with Cruel Izaro, are you using 4L Baron or +2 helmet? Victarios Charity / NA ?

"
gubaguy wrote:
question: If i have to make a chocie between belly of the beast + astramentis, OR a baron helm (becuase of the outragous prices and price fixing, and other BS going on right now), which do i choose?

Ive been strugglign to stay alive, mostly becuase i put all my points into pathing towards life nodes, but havnt taken all of them yet, but every poitn i get now goes to a life node, and my minions dont deal much damage.

Hey,

Baron > Astramentis > rare chest pice

"
Kaizerbgr wrote:
So far with full gear except +3 staff ( mines +2), 7.7k hp bosses at t14+ are unkillable, i die instantly on 70% of the maps, i dont even have time to spawn srs. Bosses are way too buffed for srs to handle which sucks alot.

Also would you guys suggest keeping beacon of corruption instead of minion dmg and life node?

Beacon of corruption is just to help you with Chaos res tbh.

Have you tried Decoy Totem to avoid having bosses rush you? With that approach you should not have a problem at all with content tbh, bosses are hilariously stupid in terms of HP since 3.0 which is why I recommend only doing them once then skipping them.

"
TRV wrote:
Hey is the skill tree posted anywhere else? I cant seem to get the tree here to load past 97% right now for some reason.

What do you mean? It should work, perhaps GGG had some server issues :S

"
Nikitonn wrote:
what better, pure srs or srs+zombie?

Pure SRS for a lot of reasons :)

"
fourk wrote:
For +3 'staff', get a 2h mace, shrieking essence of rage for +2 fire, orb of annulment until you have one with *exactly* 1 prefix (+2 fire) and 2 suffixes remaining. If you get unlucky, get another essence of rage and start over. Once you have 1pre 2suff, cata8 craft it for 'cannot roll attack mods', exalt it, remove the crafted mod, craft blood magic, and call it a day. It's much cheaper than the old multimod approach.

+1

"
N4Z wrote:

**** price fixing. damn ** .Cost me a leg and hand for them.
The damage is quite a difference with and without baron + Astra amulet. Much noticeable vs boss and high tier map. Not so much on low tier.

Beautiful isn't it? :)

"
TsunaH wrote:

This is my build now. Necro lvl 81 sitting at 5k5 hp.
Just did Merc lab and picked Spirit Eater and mobs AND bosses die faster now !
Now I need more hp regen. Should i get it from jewels or gears ?

Never focus on life regen with this build, ever. Simply get more life as that will increase your regen as well, your life pool is very low once you get 7-8k+ life your regen will be more than enough! :)

"
ELicious wrote:
Can someone post a path of building link for me? I have not been able to load the build planner for the last 2 days. Stuck on 8 points that I'm not sure how to spend. Thanks in advance

GGG seems to have had some server issues, just copy paste the skilltree link in to PoB for now :)
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
Is it possible to make a Speaker's Wreath version instead?

Baron helm prices are just way way too high.
that item is terrible
"
Ghazzy wrote:

"
ELicious wrote:

GGG seems to have had some server issues, just copy paste the skilltree link in to PoB for now :)

TIL you can paste skilltree links into PoB. Who knew?! Thanks!
Just a simple question: Shaper viable? Even if it is not the fastest killer, but can i do all content??
In game name - VomitingRainbows - GMT +1
@Doomfairy and Ghazzy :

thanks for the advice.

I did manage to sort it out after posting, well after midnight my time when lab changes format. I specced 2 gem slots and popped in a 15% minion damage and some more mana/cast speed/run speed gem and changed in decoy again and leveled it up some more.

I think the decoy totem was simply just to low level and I was having the issues from that as it was dying supppper fast, its gone up 5 levels and seems to be coping more and I was able to clear cruel lab.

I've not got baron and I've not got around to the helm yet so that is probably aggrivating a few things but I do have a 5 link staff so SRS wasn't the issue. Damage honestly wasn't the issue for me, more the instant-gib deaths I was getting since the boss would just walk up and slap me upside the head.

Drop wise i've not been very lucky with rares or uniques so I'm suffering abit in that department with rares which are underleveled and the main issue is getting the gem combinations to match what I replace without getting half my abilities removed due to wrong gem config.

The big issue ones are like having the 3x B 1x G for EE slots and having the green slots for the auras aswell.

Survivibility has increased anyway with finishing cruel after the lab map layout swap so it s not as bad as prior, but I certainly think survivibility can be issue if you get unlucky with drops or a bad lab layout, certainly commander of darkness seems to ramp the build up quite considerably once you obtain it.

I do not want to spent fortune rolling sockets to fit Elemental attack gem on my weapon, do I lost lots of dps with ?multi strike gem in place of elem attack one?

Also, instead of ball of lighting, is it better to use vaal lighting trap? what support gems to go with it? ty

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info