Stuck on a loading screen

We got 2 computer in this room, one with Windows Xp and one with windows 7, this one is the Xp and I get stuck ALL the time, it feels like maybe 80% of all times it freezes but it have never happend on the other computer (windows 7)
Disabling VPN worked for me too. A few versions ago this wasn't a problem though.
I can't seem to get past the first loading screen. Well, it kind of gets past it, but the loading screen starts blinking rapidly with the game screen, and I can't do anything.

I'm running with the lowest settings and VPN off, I seem to have all the requirements to play, and use Vista. (Not well-knowledged with computers so I don't know all that other stuff that might be important)
I get to login screen and it stops, hear music for a sec. then nothing moves but my mouse. When I did get in it kicked me out and then same thing again. To bad nice game.
I have the same problem like others. Screen freezing when i want to change area (moving to town by teleport or to other area with waypoint).Its not always, but its rly often. I can hear music from game and mouse working but area doesnt load.
I am playing at windows xp 32bit, i changed port in my router , changed any graphics settings and it still doesnt work for me. And my friend who is playing with me at other comp but in the same router dont have any problems but he is playing at windows 7. maybe this is clue?
Last edited by matimus12 on Sep 16, 2012, 7:40:37 AM
Hi, since last ~8mb update the game does not work any more. after launch button upcoming loading screen it turns black with intermediate sound (character pick menue) from time to time and the ingame mousebutton shows up moveable. Cpu load goes up to 100% up and down. PC is all 4 seconds stuck for maybe 20 seconds while black screening like told about above. During not stucked i can go back to task manager and cancel the application. running packcheck does not have any report.

N fix fast please!

win7 64 servicepack1
4 gb DDR2
Hd 4870 1gb
Phenom 9850 @ 2,9ghz

FIXED

after complete shutdown and restart of pc it worked fine again
maybe a driver problem at this time...
~Legit gaming since 1992~
Last edited by Skyhaster on Sep 16, 2012, 12:19:40 PM
"
Soranor wrote:
Disabling VPN worked for me too. A few versions ago this wasn't a problem though.

This is because some VPN software uses an IP range that conflicts with one of our new EU servers.

Rixius, matimus12, please both make sure you are not running any sort of VPN software (particularly Hamachi).

Haar, Stryker5x5, please make sure your drivers are all up to date, especially graphics drivers.

Hey! I'm also having tons of problems with the loading screens both for traveling through waypoints and using town portals, but especially town portals, it havn't worked one time yet, and I started out today been playing for the last 10 hours.

I havn't read through the entire thread yet since it's 23 pages long, but from what i've read there isn't a definite solution to the problem if I understand it correctly?

Also seems like most here have narrowed down problems like to a specific area f.ex. In my case it doesn't matter, can happen everywhere even on the main loading screen.

I'm running on 32bit xp pro sp3. I would very much appreciate if you could sort me out (if there even is a solution yet). Thanks in advance!

//Skitigdread

EDIT: Found the solution. It was caused by Hamachi. Once disabled in network connections there was no more problems. :)
Last edited by Skitigdread on Sep 17, 2012, 6:53:27 PM
I uninstalled Hamachi and the problem went away.
Im having big problems running POE under Wine since the music-patch, 0.9.12g...

Stuck on loading screen always seem to happen on the second loadingscreen I encounter, that is, I can open the game, and go to a wp/zone, the next wp/zone I go to will crash the game.

This did not happen before 0.9.12g and I think it has to do with the musicstuff. POE has not worked with sound running with Wine/linux so therefore I always play with --nosound, after the 0.9.12g I cannot play.

What I find strange is that (probably) some music-stuff affects my game, making it unplayable, even when I have --nosound...

I know Wine/Linux is not supported or prioritized but would also like to say that before this patch, playing POE with --nosound had no problems whatsoever under Wine/Linux, and maybe it would be an easy fix for you devs?

I would also like it very much if someone could confirm that there are no problems with loadingscreens with --nosound and any windows-machine.

When I turn sound on, I have no problem wiht loadingscreens, but the game will freeze when certain spells are used. So this patch (0.9.12g) in effect made the game unplayable thru Wine (at least for me...).

EDIT:
Ok, I just found out there is a Wine/linux-thread going on, sorry for posting this stuff here... :(
Last edited by Boccarossa on Sep 18, 2012, 5:02:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info