T14 Shrine
3 curses :
T15 Colosseum
T15 Abyss
Death and Taxes
T15 Overgrown Ruin
Atziri
Vinktar Boss

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey I remember you! You're the one that deleted their guide
Spoiler
In case anyone remembers how I rage quit my golemmancer guide because of dislike for much of the community and guide management in general, that hasn't changed. However I'm back to showcase a somewhat fresh idea with a unique play style because it's cool af and at the end of the day I enjoy making and sharing builds. Differences between this guide and the last are this guide won't go as in-depth and I'll be casual about answering questions and general upkeep. It's more of a build showcase if anything written to be easily understood by experienced players. New players should use PoEwiki for clarification.

Also, I'm not going to delete the guide this time :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pros:

Tanky
Hinder
Blasphemy Temp Chains + Enfeeble
Good damage vs. map bosses
Engaging play style
Fairly Cheap - No 6 link

Cons:

Engaging play style
Slow clear speed - struggles to complete breach domains in time
Bone Offering upkeep - not as bad as it sounds
Takes time for damage to ramp up
Shouldn't do reduced block/curse effect maps

The Bones:

This build revolves around the new unique item "Allelopathy" to use our main skill "Blight" as a 5link in end game. It makes very effective use of increased skill effect duration nodes (on the tree and from NEC ascendancy) for the duration of Blight, Blight Hinder effects, Bone Offering and Wither. Bone Offering up time is a very comfortable 18.48 seconds when consuming maximum corpses - easy to maintain.

I've opted to use 2 "Spreading Rot" jewels for not only the defensiveness of Hinder but the added damage too. The 25% increased Blight damage vs. Hindered target per jewel is calculated just like Intimidate or Shock. The jewels are obviously less effective for bosses in terms of tooltip DPS, but the added duration to Hinder allows you to safely stack more stacks of Blight than you would otherwise be able to vs. anything. These jewels are better than 2 rares for clear speed.

Block stats purely from Rathpith Globe and Bone Offering are 59% Block, 68% Spell Block (depends on roll of Rathpith). An average rolled Rumi's Concoction will cap both.

Temporal Chains and Enfeeble on Blasphemy with Vulnerability from the "Witchfire Brew" flask for the curses.

LVL90 Defensive Stats:
Keep in mind Hinder and Curses aren't displayed here
Spoiler

Gear:

Character: WDB_SecretBuild - HHC lvl 92 - RIP to DD
Spoiler

A dagger is a must for Whirling Blades. Other movement skills don't feel as good IMO. You'd want a movement skill because of Kaom's Roots, which is taken for the Life and Stun/Freeze Immunity.

Aim for Life, Damage, Resists and Attack Speed on Jewels.

Mana regeneration or minus mana cost of skills is needed on one piece of gear to sustain Blight spam for longer than 10 seconds.

Flasks are very flexible but I'd recommend a Sulphur for consecrated ground + damage, and some sort of Stibnite for the Blind cloud. Great QoL for face tanking anything. Witchfire Brew is mandatory if using Enfeeble on Blasphemy with a +1 curse item.

***If you're looking to min max to the fullest, drop Reduced Mana for Desecrate, replace Allelopathy with life & resist gloves and use Blight as a 6 link in chest. This set up is only realistically worth it if you have a lvl 21 Blight gem and lvl 4 Empower.

***Another variant would be to use "The Scourge" claw instead of a dagger. It'd provide higher APS for Whirling blades, higher damage if you've hit recently and Spectral Wolves to soak damage.

Tree at 95:
https://pastebin.com/zezzhk18 - View via Path of Building
Pantheons: Tukohama + Arakari - I've chosen Arakari for defense vs. DoT's

Gems:

4L in Allelopathy -> Efficacy - Controlled Destruction - Void Manipulation - Swift Affliction
4L -> Blasphemy - Enfeeble/Vulnerability - Temporal Chains - Arctic Armour
3L -> Increased Duration - Bone Offering - Reduced Mana/Vaal Grace(10)
3L -> Spell Totem - Wither - Faster Casting
3L -> Whirling Blades(1) - Fortify - Faster Attacks
2L -> Desecrate(1) - Faster Casting
1S -> Clarity(1)

Numbers in brackets are the required gem level.

I'd suggest using Vaal Grace over Reduced Mana purely vs. Porcupines. They're a gamble that isn't worth taking. I was brought down to 200 HP from a porcupine box, with 75 block. The added dodge should help considerably, and will be applicable vs anything else too. Depends on your mana pool/costs though.

Faster Casting linked to Desecrate isn't necessary but it feels much better to use. Same with Faster Attacks on Whirling Blades, or Reduced Mana with Bone Offering.

Quality is useful for almost every gem so instead I'm going to list the ones that don't need/don't benefit from quality for this build:

Desecrate, Fortify, Clarity, Vulnerability, Arctic Armour.

Open to ideas, similar builds or if you just want to show off your character. Not looking for criticism. This is a charity effort, I'm not a streamer and any video(s) aren't monetized. I just like making and sharing guides

Doing similar build with Berserker, may add addtional section to guide
Last edited by SuccYE on Oct 27, 2017, 12:30:35 AM
Last bumped on Jan 13, 2018, 5:58:47 AM
Reserved
Last edited by SuccYE on Aug 20, 2017, 3:29:47 PM
Seems dope gonna give it a shot
"
Yatunic wrote:
Seems dope gonna give it a shot

I should have a vid posted in the next 6 hours
Last edited by SuccYE on Aug 22, 2017, 4:14:34 PM
Howdy,

Build looks solid, easy addition to the build guide listing.

Cheers
Hot Flashes: poeurl.com/bPZT
Balance: poeurl.com/btzp
Shocking EleHit: poeurl.com/bZXo
"
Kwitch wrote:
Howdy,

Build looks solid, easy addition to the build guide listing.

Cheers

Thanks yo
Hello, what need for leveling?
I was just theorycrafting a max block necro (but using scorching ray & scaling using the scourge) and this just looks so much better & tankier. So I think I will do this instead, really like the multiple layers of defense.

Would you just leveling using blight?
"
tsunny wrote:
I was just theorycrafting a max block necro (but using scorching ray & scaling using the scourge) and this just looks so much better & tankier. So I think I will do this instead, really like the multiple layers of defense.

I have been and it's been working great.

My question: I don't see anything pertaining to minions for Bone Offering...unless I'm reading the skill gem for Bone Offering incorrectly.
hi ezra
Last edited by Iconik on Aug 23, 2017, 8:00:17 PM
"
Iconik wrote:
"
tsunny wrote:

I have been and it's been working great.

My question: I don't see anything pertaining to minions for Bone Offering...unless I'm reading the skill gem for Bone Offering incorrectly.

The "Mistress of Sacrifice" ascendancy makes it so the offerings also work on you (instead of just minions). So using Bone Offering lets your reach high values of block/spell block with little investment.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info