[3.0] Zombie/SRS --#1 Build Guide-- Uber Atziri/Shaper/Guardians

"
killertje164 wrote:
"

Zombies does more dps then SRS. SRS is used for clear speed while Zombies are for single target. Together, it excellent combination. Mana cost is something I want to avoid also so I use the body Armour.

Yes, but you open up your chest armour for zombies, so they get an additional gem with the lvl 15 chaos damage, while also increasing the dps of your raging spirits significantly. Since you craft BM on a staff you won't have problems keeping that up either. Seems like a win-win situation to me. And could you please upload your build in PoB and share it with us? I would like to use it as a referance as to when I'll have enough dps for t16/shaper. Thanks!

Consider a few things.

1 srs are considered flying minions which means they are not actively targeted by mobs. how ever zombies are . zombies are very much shackled to needing a decent base hp to survive end game. 16k is right about where i would say guardian content is comfortable. however for shaper even that is pretty low.

thus one can argue that the zombies get more out of + levels than srs do since it not only provides damage .. but also gives zombies the hp buffer they need to stay alive in high teir content and do their damage.

2 the level 15 added chaos gem... is not that much damage . its about 150 base damage which is hurt by the srs .7 scaling of additive. but it also hurt by the zombies inherently slow attack speed. zombie hits are in the 2000s of base damage .. that 150 chaos damage is nothing to them..

3 expanding on point two .. keep in mind .. not much scales it. only the minion damage gem which is but one of a potential 5 damage gems scales it. and baron does not scale it either.

make no mistake you use the covenant for the multi free blood magic.

4 damage is a non issue for trash. if you can make it to 50k dps with anything . you can clear trash all the way up to t17 with no issue. damage is only a major concern in dps checks like shaper , guardians and uber atziri. and that is where your zombies come in.

"
"
Brusky wrote:
Spectres can be a little tedious.

How important is the chieftan to the dps / survivability of this build?

For some stupid reason GGG gives minions %15 attack speed, %4 more damage, and %5 movement speed PER FRENZY Charge. Yes thats x3 with all frenzy charges up. Exploit another overpowered mechanic. Zombies turn turbo! Zombies will die before scepters. Animate Guardian will outlive everybody.

well one good reason is that they are capped at 3 charges .. and we are not. if we used player values for the charges ... then no one would bother with charges on minions. at best you can look at the frenzy monkeys as an extra damage link .. which is pretty tame as for as balance is concerned . and it is not like it is free. you do give up 2 gem slots for it.
Do you keep using Essence of Fear until u get a +1 socketed gems?
"
Kalfus wrote:
Do you keep using Essence of Fear until u get a +1 socketed gems?

Yes. Essence of Fear then a Orb of Scouring...repeat until you hit +1 gems. Running a bow with +1 gems with dual resists is also another option. A buddy of mine has has +1 gems with tri-resists.
Giving the build a go myself, have you considered these changes to the passive tree?

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.0.1/AAAABAMDAQPuBAcEswZJCPQN4g-rES0UIBUnFm8WvxcvGjgc3B2-JIsksCaVJy8o-io4Kk0qmCycMtEzhzWSOQs6WDwtPydBh0QERUdHhUiOSshMs025UEdRTFXGWfNakV8_X7Bh4mZUZp5oZWpDaqxr226qbztyD3Kpdqx4DXloe8N8g31bgKSCx4Nfg8yD24TFhWCIQIqvjLGOvo8akBGQM5BVksGUb5itm4qbtaIApqyofaluqsSsR6yYrKq18rc-uJO86r5PwBrAZsEEwzrE9sauykrMvM9-0B_T-9i937DjauoY6-7siu8O7-vwH_JF8933MvfX-Ov56PqA-tL-Cg==?accountName=KyleGallas&characterName=zombieuniteasone

It uses the same amount of points but trades off intelligence passives for a bit extra life and changes the Juggernaut life cluster to the Barbarism cluster for allres and max fire res and instead of going to Bravery by duelist you could go to Blood Siphon by Shadow for the same 5 points but pick up +20 int 6% cast speed and 2% life and 5 life on kill.

You also have the option to get Path of the Warrior in the scion life wheel for a 1 point +20 strength.

My question is are these good changes or do you need to meet a certain threshold of intelligence to still cast your support abilities with your reserved mana and I'm I underestimating the 24% evasion rating from bravery and 20% life flask from juggernaut?

TLDR version: this version of the tree is about +10 str +10 dex -30 int +8% life 6% cast speed +3% allres +8 fire res +1% max fire, thoughts?
Last edited by Uberness on Aug 26, 2017, 11:18:04 AM
What are some other enchants that would work for "The Baron" helm?

OP.. thanks for sharing.. it definitely looks powerful!
"
Uberness wrote:
Giving the build a go myself, have you considered these changes to the passive tree?

TLDR version: this version of the tree is about +10 str +10 dex -30 int +8% life 6% cast speed +3% allres +8 fire res +1% max fire, thoughts?

Reviewed and agreed. However, I took up Profane Chemistry on bottom right of Scion bring up only %2 more life. Zombies need life too. Thanks so much for the time reviewing the tree.
Last edited by KyleGallas on Aug 26, 2017, 2:27:09 PM
"
Pracis wrote:
What are some other enchants that would work for "The Baron" helm?

OP.. thanks for sharing.. it definitely looks powerful!

Zombie damage, Zombie attack speed, SRS damage, Flesh offering attack speed.

Your bow is just a complete dissection, I spent 10 ex and did not make 3 red 2 blue and 1 green
"
TheA1exRa1n wrote:

Your bow is just a complete dissection, I spent 10 ex and did not make 3 red 2 blue and 1 green

mine is for sale :-)
IGN - Imgur

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info