[3.9] Toasters HC Necro Support – 10 Auras & 2 Curses – Victario's Influence

im playing this build currently sitting at lvl 81 and just put on my 10th aura but i only have 13 mana unreserved not enough for curse on hit and it makes my shield charge slow cause i have to wait for mana regen could you maybe help me out and check my character for what i can do?
"
noobatrons wrote:
im playing this build currently sitting at lvl 81 and just put on my 10th aura but i only have 13 mana unreserved not enough for curse on hit and it makes my shield charge slow cause i have to wait for mana regen could you maybe help me out and check my character for what i can do?

I was a bit surprised when I read your message and checked a lot of things on Path of Building.
I came to the conclusion that somehow the 20% reduced mana reserved enchantment (Purities) is a little bit worse than 15% reduced mana reserved (dmg auras). I didn't know that and will update my guide in this regard.

Now there are multiple "solutions" for your problem. If you don't link Shield Charge with Fortify you should have enough mana regen to sustain it. Instead of Ball Lightning with GMP you can use Ball Lightning + Blind + Curse + Curse on hit or Fire storm + Blind + Curse + Curse on hit... Fire Storm is in many cases better anyways, bc it has a high duration -> hits more often (good for bosses) and most ppl prefer EE with fire dmg.
You could also drop Clarity, what would result in 7% reduced attack/cast speed -> not as dramatic as it sounds.
Furthermore, you will get a lot of base mana with higher levels, so the problem would solve itself. You could also try to get mana on your equip and get a high enough mana pool like that.
Otherwise, the different enchantment would make the deal.. Again, I'm sorry for the incenvenience.
Thx for the build, about to start mapping with it. One question tho : Offering skills don't work with increase duration? Not home atm so can't test it but I assume it's the reason you kept it unlinked?
"
zdaar wrote:
Thx for the build, about to start mapping with it. One question tho : Offering skills don't work with increase duration? Not home atm so can't test it but I assume it's the reason you kept it unlinked?

Offerings work with increase duration gem, but in this case the mana costs would be too high. Always try to optimise your lvl of offering with your unreserved mana pool -> if you have 20 mana, keep the offering on lvl 5 for example.
Makes sense thx pal
Yo Toast i recently died using your build and was wondering if perhaps your supports helmet was for sale? i would like to run it again :P
"
noobatrons wrote:
Yo Toast i recently died using your build and was wondering if perhaps your supports helmet was for sale? i would like to run it again :P

Actually, I want to keep my Support complete, so ppl can check it. That's the reason why I don't really want to sell my helmet.
But you can easily craft it yourself. Just buy a Hubris Circlet with the right enchantment (there are even now a few up, sadly they got a bit more expensive) and use the loathing essence.
Good luck with the build! :)
Do you think this build is playable in the 10 days races?
"
Krazy_X wrote:
Do you think this build is playable in the 10 days races?

It is for sure playable in the 10 days race.
I played it in the last 2W Mayhem and Turmoil Races and had great success.

The requirements are pretty low, so you can start very early to go full support.
From my experiences I can say, that it helps a lot to lvl with someone else together, since the start is super rippy with 20 Invasion bosses etc. :D
Hey man, great build. However, I still cannot see a reason to use this over a Shav's build.

In your "Positives" section, you mentioned this build offers more defenses than a regular aurabot. How exactly does it do that? - besides the higher EHP only when considering chaos damage. It does not offer any better defenses for the carry.

"
You can have a comparable amount of auras and curses.

This isn't a reason to use this build over a Shav's build. This is fluff.

"
Your whole gear costs less than half a Shavronnes.

I think getting your hands on a Shav's won't be too difficult, especially at a point where are in the "endgame". People also have the option of using a Solaris if they are on a budget and want to build up some wealth. With Solaris, the ES pool will drop about 2k - which puts it around a cozy 7-8k ES (without presence).

"
You offer a lot more damage than supports with Shavronnes.

Wont deny this. This is probably the only reason to use this build, and a reason I can easily recommend it for softcore players.

"
Your survivability is actually at least equal to a Support using Shavronnes [Grace with a lot of Aura effectiveness (over 20k Evasion with Stibnite flask) + over 9k hitpool + strong Enfeeble + nice regen from Coruscating Elixir]

I am going to have to disagree here. Because this build goes hybrid and uses the Coruscating Elixir, players are having to give up two flask slots. On top of that, bosses or zones that do heavy chaos damage will drain flask charges faster than giving flask charges. In order to mitigate this, you would have to either use more Coruscating flasks and use up more of the slots or just avoid these encounters - neither of which are appealing to me.

The amount of evasion, 9k hitpool, strong enfeeble, and regen are more fluff pieces.

"
You don't interrupt your ES recharge if you use a skill -> no Blood Magic.

There is the option of using a -8 ring. However, most aurabots under-utilize the "faster start of energy shield regen" from the tree and gear (one of which is a Shav's). By investing a few points into recharge rate and fast start of ES, this point becomes a non-issue.

Overall, I think this build is fantastic as a softcore option. But I do feel as if you are giving up too much by playing this in HC. Don't get me wrong though, as you proved before this can be done as long as the player is skilled enough.
Last edited by Ravi on Nov 23, 2017, 4:22:26 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info