Blight totem viable?

Hello, kinda new to PoE, played alot back in beta but not much since, i recently found this Blight build that i found kinda fun to play, but i've always loved totems, is there a way to make blight work with totems? i dont see any builds with a blight totem.

TLDR : Is Blight viable with totems?
Last bumped on Oct 2, 2017, 9:47:33 PM
An Elementalist who stands still to channel Flameblast can get in a lot of trouble in very little time. By contrast, Flameblast totems (often called "pizza sticks") are much safer; you place them and run away while the totems are killing everything - and being attacked - for you.

The thing with Blight is that some of its effect is a hinder designed to offer the person casting it more survivability. You don't really care about whether your totem survives, so a more glass cannon-y skill would be preferred over one with baked-in survivability.

Remember that Spell Totem Support causes spells to do about 30% Less damage. Picking a skill not entirely focused on damage to begin with, then crippling it's damage output, is some pretty severe anti-synergy. I'm sure you can do it - I'm just not sure why you'd try.

I binged on totem builds about a year ago and, pretty much overnight, I woke up and was sick of them. I'd three characters in that league and I couldn't face playing a single one of them. If you want my advice, deliberately create characters which play differently from each other. The more similar they are, the quicker you'll burn out and get bored of the game.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
You have given me alot to think about. Ty for the response
"
Sarno wrote:
If you want my advice, deliberately create characters which play differently from each other. The more similar they are, the quicker you'll burn out and get bored of the game.

This. This thing right here. QFMFT. Also, I think it's important to sometimes either challenge yourself with a hard to play build or make straight up bad builds from time to time. You can get insight from that for other builds of yours that you may normally not come across.

As for blight totems: with the threshold jewel*2 you can use it as an alternative to wither totems for chaos builds. Maybe.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info