ALL HAIL PRESIDENT TRUMP

I was once a stupid posting, never mind me.
(\__/) This is Bunny. Copy and
(='.'=) paste Bunny to help him
(")_(") gain world Domination.
Last edited by Ersatzdrummel on May 28, 2019, 10:57:47 AM
Only one GOP Congress member isn't fully owned by the Kremlin mafia.
Any signature worth using is against the rules. Therefore, no signature will be found here.
I can't wait to purchase my own copy of Everyone I Don't Like Is Putin's Puppet: The_Impeacher's guide to online political discussion.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
When my wife and I disagree about something now, I just tell her that I'm an extremely stable genius and that she should listen to me. It doesn't end well, and she also doesn't listen.
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.
"
The_Impeacher wrote:

The way that I would characterize it is that Trump is actively using the full power of the White House, the podium of the President, the head of the RNC, and as much of the executive branch as possible to create a bubble of lies for his supporters to exist in. There is now one renegade GOP congressman that has squeezed out from under his thumb and is threatening that bubble.

It will be interesting to see if Amash is squashed or is the start of a movement. My guess is that it is more likely that he will be squashed.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
The_Impeacher wrote:
The way that I would characterize it is that Trump is actively using the full power of the White House, the podium of the President, the head of the RNC, and as much of the executive branch as possible to create a bubble of lies for his supporters to exist in. There is now one renegade GOP congressman that has squeezed out from under his thumb and is threatening that bubble.

It will be interesting to see if Amash is squashed or is the start of a movement. My guess is that it is more likely that he will be squashed.
You both believe in bullshit conspiracy theories.

Amash will be ignored and left alone until he loses to primary challenger Jim Lower.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
The_Impeacher wrote:

You both believe in bullshit conspiracy theories.

Amash will be ignored and left alone until he loses to primary challenger Jim Lower.

Amash is Right though. Donald Trump is guilty of impeachable conduct. There is no criminal conspiracy between Trump's presidential campaign and Russia but there are questionable conduct of obstruction of justice and campaign finance crimes. The Justice Department has the policy that a sitting president cannot be indicted. Congress should impeach him but they didn't.

"
deathflower wrote:
Amash is Right though. Donald Trump is guilty of impeachable conduct.
See Numbers 13 and 14 in link in my signature. I'm not saying Amash is always wrong, but he is misguided. Trump is not actually guilty of impeachable conduct.

Regarding campaign finance regulations, every campaign has those. The Obama '12 and Clinton '16 campaigns both had multiple infractions, plead guilty, were fined (no jail time), and barely got a peep out of the news media. Trump's done far less and you want to impeach him for what is the political equivalent of a speeding ticket when Dems do it.
"
deathflower wrote:

Amash is Right though. Donald Trump is guilty of impeachable conduct. There is no criminal conspiracy between Trump's presidential campaign and Russia but there are questionable conduct of obstruction of justice and campaign finance crimes. The Justice Department has the policy that a sitting president cannot be indicted. Congress should impeach him but they didn't.

The problem is that the majority of the American people dont favor an actual removal of the President, which is what they think impeachment is. This is the subtle nuance that is missing from the case dems are presenting. Impeachment in the House is a political maneuver, not a legal one. It will die in the Senate, most likely without formal hearings. He wont be removed, and people wont understand the actual point. A political scarlet letter? Really?

Does this make liberals feel better? I have no idea frankly. All I do know is that pushing for impeachment, over iffy obstruction charges, for a crime that has been found never to have happened, seems folly.

Can you obstruct law enforcement or witness tamper during an investigation for a crime that never happened? Sure I suppose, that to me, is a far cry from High Crimes and Misdemeanors. I think it was more of a symptom of Trump thinking the entire investigation was bullshit (which it was for the most part), and trying to end it so he could move on. This was admittedly handled clumsily, but it wasnt criminal intent from my vantage point.

I think Pelosi is right to be cautious. The election in 2020 is going to be extremely close one way or the other. I think she is loathe to go down this impeachment road, but the left is pushing hard. Ironically Impeachment might be the President's best bet for re-election. I dont even see the endgame here from the left. A hollow political victory at the cost of the Presidency? Seems dumb.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on May 29, 2019, 9:47:42 AM
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
The_Impeacher wrote:

I think more will come.

Mueller is making a live statement at 11:00 eastern (@ an hour from the time of this post)
Any signature worth using is against the rules. Therefore, no signature will be found here.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info