WORK IN PROGRESS: Necromancer of Quantities

Hey there,

My story
Spoiler

i want to tell new players my impression of my necromancer build. I played POE about 2 years ago. Then i got frustrated playing a marauder to Lv 38. I was not able to kill one of the bosses. That made me quite sad. I uninstalled the game and forgot about it. As you see i play the Game again.
My friend played a Summoner-Witch that time, So i just wanted to start playing Necromancer too.

Leveling
Spoiler

So here is my Impression: Its a lot easier to level up this necromancer than my old marauder, because you dont act that active. Leveling is like laying back to let you getting leveled. The Minions usually deal enough Damage for you to just stay alive.

Passive Skill Tree
Spoiler

Try to get as much minion-notes as possible. At Lv 40 you should have gotten all Minion Notes. Then Focus on Energy-shield. Try to get the 3 Elemental-Resistance-Notes on the Skill Tree and some Jewel-Sockets. With this it should take you to Lv 70.
You can follow my Link to poebuild.net there you should see my Passive Skill Tree for Lv 71 Witch. As Soon as you are Lv 71, you played enough to know where to go with the rest of your Passive Points.

Equipment
Spoiler

Must-Have-Uniques
Spoiler

Bones of Ullr (they give you more minions)
Sidhebreath (buffs your Minions)
Queens Decree/Escape Ornate Sword (gives you more minions as well)
skullhead secutor helm (just awesome)

Other Item-Stats you might look for
Spoiler

You will look for minion Damage, minion Speed, Minion life. I am Sure you will not find this on all Items, so try to max out your Elemental resistances. As Soon as you have done this, try to stack the required Str and Dex for the Sword.
The next very important Stat is the Energy Shield (ES). Your Aim is to reach about 5,5k ES. Because than you can start to use CI. Usually you will have 1k Life. Don't use CI before you get the 5.5K ES, you will need the lifes. Best case you get a 6 link body Armour with 1.5k ES, so you get with the passives 4.5k just from this body armour. (+208% ES)

Summary: Number of Minions > Minion Buffs > Required Attributes for Sword > Cap Resistances > ES

Leveling Items
Spoiler

Try to get the Must haves as soon as possible. They Boost your damage very much. Otherwise try to get as much rarity on the Items as possible so you can find unique and good rare items to sell so you can buy the required items.
You could go for an Tabula Rasa so you can 6 link quite early.

The Bandits
Spoiler

kill them all for the passive points

Skill Gems
Spoiler

Main Skill Gems
Spoiler

Skelletton, SRS: I Prefer using these both together in 1 Link (my Weapon) Because Then i can use 1 Supporter for both skills. I use the support: increased Duration, Minion Damage, Minion Speed, Spell Echo

i use following together as well: Spectre + Zombie: Supported by: Minion Life, Minion Damage, Minion Speed, Multistrike

golem, vaal summon skelletton i use separated.
Vaal Summon Skelleton: + increased Duration, Minion Damage, Minion Speed
Golem (i prefer lightning Golem for Cast-Speed) : + Fortify,

Utility
Spoiler

Lightning Warp (lv 1), Desecration (lv 1), Convocation (lv 1), Flesh offering

Auras
Spoiler

I prefer using Purity of Elements + Clarity
Alternatives: haste, Artic Armour

all Gems on Max Lv except the ones with a lv behind them.

Ascendancy
Spoiler

first go for soulweaver, then beacon of corruption, at last go for commander of darkness.

Last bumped on Nov 21, 2017, 11:05:27 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info