3.1 - Mjolner Rainbow Rambo - 15 charges discharge - Guardians/Red Map Elder + Guardians

Quick 3.2 Update

I am not satisfied with the single target DPS of this build, but it works more or less the same in 3.2 as it did in 3.1 if you use all 3 heralds instead of wrath.

Given the fact that I have other ongoing builds that I would much rather play, I'm not planning on revisiting this build until they unnerf the proc rate of mjolnir. The damage is hard capped compared to things like attack builds that can get millions of shaper DPS and I find that ridiculous for the investment needed to play this build.

Sorry everyone.

Are you like me and felt like the nerfs to Mjolner left a void that could not be replaced in your soul? Well look no further. Now you can play 3.1 like it's 1.3 all over again!

This build has:
- Max spell block
- Instant heal
- Almost permanent physical immunity
- Good clear speed
- Flashy skills
- The fun factor

------Videos------

Minotaur Run with DPS setup (Breach spawned on mino so you can see the healing power of this build)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSQeqCKpovM

Full Atziri Run (No RF)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fDD8TYoi7M

T14+ Elder Guardians + Elder (Ripped once trying to facetank T15 eradicator so I didn't put it in the video)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ib30-QD71LA

Will be adding more in the coming days...

------Uniques and their purpose------

Required uniques:

Mjolner: The pillar of this build. Casts discharge and arc/ball lightning at a rapid pace.

Romira's Banquet: Paired with Resolute Technique, this ring generates all your power charges on every hit (including those from spells!) in order to always be capped on charges.

Voll's Devotion: This is how you generate infinite endurance charges. Every time a power charge is consumed by discharge, you get them all back as endurance charges.

Golden Rule: Allows you to reflect bleeds you inflict onto yourself. Since we're using molten strike to proc things, you're only dealing very small bleeds to yourself which you can easily outregen on top of blood rage.

The Red Trail: The reason why you need to bleed. Generate a frenzy charge on hit while bleeding allows for consistent charges.

Kingsguard: This is where 60% of your healing comes from. With this build you gain back 500 life every time you discharge, which is about 2000 life per second. Maybe a little more.

------My items------

Spoiler

To get as much damage as you can from this build, +1 frenzy charge on boots and amulet is a really nice bonus, but the build is NOT crippled without those corruptions. Everything else is entirely affordable.

------Tree/Jewels/PoB/Pantheon/Ascendancy/Bandits------

If you'd rather upload my character to Path of Building, here's my info:
Account name: Simplesim45
Character name: EuphoricHorse
Pastebin 634k DPS (with "Vs Shaper/Guardian" configs): https://pastebin.com/MHPyaXX7
Pastebin 513k unbuffed DPS(Normal mapping configs): https://pastebin.com/acBgBBe4
Pastebin 1075k DPS (e-penis configs): https://pastebin.com/0Zrk3C7v

Big Pantheon:
Soul of the Brine King + Forgotten Soldier

Small Pantheon:
Soul of Ralakesh

Bandits:
Kill all

Elementalist Ascendancy points:
Mastermind of Discord
Shaper of Desolation
Liege of the Primordial

This tree is fairly straightforward. Get the charges. Get enough attack speed and whatever life you can. Get some damage/regen.

Other than the two Wildfire jewels, they should be used to compensate for missing resistances, life, attack speed and spell damage.

------Flasks------

Atziri's Promise: Damage + leech.

Life Flask: This needs to be anti bleed + instant heal. The reason is that you want to keep applying bleeds to yourself, but if a monster lands a big hit on you that makes you bleed, you gotta reset and not have to wait for the flask to expire.

Wise Oak: If you manage to equalize your resistances like I did, this is an amazing source of damage mitigation and elemental penetration.

Basalt Flask: Helps with phys mitigation. This is also where you want your anti freeze.

Rumi's Concoction: This is where you cap your spell block and get even more phys mitigation.

------Gem Links------

Molten Strike -> Faster Attacks -> Multistrike -> Chance to Bleed -> Greater Multiple Projectiles -> Life Gained On Hit

Immortal Call -> Arcane Surge (Appropriate level for the mana cost) -> Faster Casting -> Efficacy -> Increased Duration -> Empower (Optional)
This is on your swap. When you have endurance charges up, self cast this immortal call and swap back to Mjolner. Enjoy 35+ seconds of Arcane Surge.

Discharge -> Controlled Destruction -> Arc
replace Arc by Concentrated Effect for Guardians.

Leap Slam -> Wild Strike -> Faster Attacks -> Fortify
During bosses, use Wild Strike once every 5-6 seconds to apply fortify and gain 25% pen to all elements from elementalist. During mapping, you can also cast Wild Strike every 10 seconds to keep up the penetration, but it isn't really needed.

Cast When Damage Taken -> Blood Rage -> Immortal Call -> Increased Duration
The gem levels are at your leisure.

Blasphemy -> Elemental Weakness -> Wrath -> Ancestral Protector

Cast When Damage Taken (lvl 20) -> Summon Lightning Golem -> Summon Flame Golem
Replace lightning golem with Righteous Fire for Guardians.

------Map Mods------

Mods you cannot do:
- No regen.
- Elemental Reflect.

Mods to avoid (but you can still do)
- Vulnerability
- Temporal Chains

Everything else is alright unless you get nasty combinations.

------Stats------

With Ball lightning/Arc while mapping.

With RF + Conc Effect + Arcane Surge + Flasks (For bosses).

Penetration

------Conclusion------

The build is fun and effective. Reminds you of the good old days of Mjolner and I hope you enjoy it!
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
Last edited by Simplesim45 on Mar 21, 2018, 8:30:18 PM
Last bumped on Apr 16, 2018, 12:47:08 PM
nice!
Great job! It's nice seeing Mjolner builds starting to come back. Always been one of my favorites. How do you think this build compares to a Marauder Mjolner? I've got one that I followed Ricoh's guide for. Just looking at your POB screenshot it looks like you have less life and dps than his. What do you feel the benefits are to your version?

I might have to grab those boots and Jewel and respec one of my witches in standard to try it out.
"
stoudtlr wrote:
Great job! It's nice seeing Mjolner builds starting to come back. Always been one of my favorites. How do you think this build compares to a Marauder Mjolner? I've got one that I followed Ricoh's guide for. Just looking at your POB screenshot it looks like you have less life and dps than his. What do you feel the benefits are to your version?

I might have to grab those boots and Jewel and respec one of my witches in standard to try it out.

Got a link to that guide? I'm curious to see what the differences are.
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
Last edited by stoudtlr on Jan 1, 2018, 8:25:07 AM
So I just took a look at his build and the difference in DPS just comes from him running RF and Conc effect on discharge.

Once I get the helm enchant to not consume discharge charges, I'll be able to put in conc effect instead of ball lightning and be at 120k per discharge.

If I were to turn on RF (that's the kind of shit I would only do after I have just freshly leveled lol), I'd get 171k per discharge which beats his damage out by 40k per discharge.

Right now, I'm mostly going for charge consistency and surviving until I hit level 94.

One thing I did learn from his build is that nifty Arcane Surge trick. Really awesome! I'm gonna be running it on this build as well, so thanks a lot for the link!
Last edited by Simplesim45 on Jan 1, 2018, 8:28:11 PM
Dude, your builds are dank as hell. I probably played that Abberath's Fury build you made a guide for twice since Breah. I'm gonna build this now that I've gotten some currency in Abyss -- looks super fun. Thanks for writing it up!
this is a lot of fun, thanks!

what would be the best ways to improve dps besides the +1 corruptions and the lab enchant?
"
belanna wrote:
this is a lot of fun, thanks!

what would be the best ways to improve dps besides the +1 corruptions and the lab enchant?

Running a 5 link in your offhand with a high level immortal call + efficacy + increased duration + arcane surge + faster casting. When you have endurance charges, self cast that immortal call and swap back to mjolner and enjoy a 15% more spell damage for about 45 seconds at a time.
Thank you!!
I've been waiting for a decent 3.1 discharge build for a month!
Is there any way to do it as a scion? If you're sure elementalist is way more good, I start a witch ASAP
Happy New Year!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info