[3.1] Facetank w 15-19k EHP - The Immortal Spectre Summoner (all specs, hyper important for HC)

Hi guys! Contrary to what everyone else is doing here, I'm NOT doing a build guide - just going to be introducing a rather unknown mechanic that can be added to all summoners, whether SRS/TV/WM/SG/FS. The setup was a hit on Reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/7plnke/) and I soon got flooded with questions and requests to link on forums, so here it is.

It seems most people ask for a vid straight up nowadays so here's the full thing:

Video
Spoiler

vs Shaper Slam, Added Dmg Chimera, 10k in small hits
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHgpow0dg5k

The video pretty much explains everything but I'll break down the core here.

Key Interaction:
Spoiler

+

CWDT + Unearth + GMP + Volley + (LMP)
When you take damage, you create 7 (to 9) corpses at the perpetrator's location.

(same CWDT) + Spirit Offering + Mistress of Sacrifice Ascendancy
14 (to 18%)of your max life is converted to flat ES, then scaled by your %ES on tree and "added" to both your current and your cap. This removes the previous instance of offering but the added amount is "kept".

So, in my video, basically every 0.25 seconds, I fire 7 projectiles and get ~700 flat ES back, which is multiplied by about 300%+ on tree for about a ~2100 ES "heal".

This means, for me, up to 8400 bonus EHP per second. It can be maximised further with more life on items and nodes, cooldown reduction items to reduce CWDT cooldown, or MORE CWDT-Offering loops, if you can find the space on your gear.

This CAN be paired further with max block / ES on hit / removing NecroAegis, which may really help you out in hardcore. Just put Bone Offering in a link after spirit offering - you'll get the "heal off", then be toggled over to Block. You may need another link for this however.

Footnote: there have been some questions about the math surrounding this. I think it operates differently from how %increased usually does because this is added flat and not base flat ES, but whatever the case, some genius will work it out. All you need to know is that it's four-digit mitigation.

But what about my spectres?? I need to 6L them duh.
Spoiler

Another reason why this is much more viable in 3.1 is that Spectres can go into your helmet now, freeing up your chest to fit in a 5L or 6L defense loop (or SRS if you are ham). In the case of Solar Guards, a 8L helm would be BiS. Here's what I use in the video, plus the one I use normally:

(ignore the links, I was testing new Spectres.

So this only works with Hybrid Summoners?
Spoiler

Not really! In fact, life-based summoners get a huge bonus out of this too. Assuming you can hit 8k-ish life, even with 0% bonus ES (very unlikely, and Intelligence gives a chunk anyway), you'd still get 1120 - 1440 ES per hit taken, which really adds up seeing as it absorbs every 528 damage! I even saw DCLara's 10k health monster and realised how potent this would be.

Why is this new? Can't be that no major guide has covered it yet.
Spoiler

This interaction was only really possible in 3.1.

Factor 1 - The 7L/8L Helmets meant that you had more room on gear for the loop.

Factor 2 - Desecrate was the only corpse generation back in 3.0 and it had a terribly long cooldown.

Factor 3 - Abyss Jewels letting you get flat life and ES in every slot meant you could really go hybrid, or hit ridiculous life levels.

The moment I saw the Unearth gem I put this into motion, and voila, I hit 96 early on in the league with almost zero effort

What are the cons and weaknesses?
Spoiler

This defense does jack against big chaos damage hits, poison, and degens like Shaper beam, burns, etc, which do not trigger CWDT. For this purpose, I suggest you take Shakari (poison immunity) and Arakaali, plus stack ES recovery on rings like I did, drastically lowering the amount of time you need to recover from DoT damage.

It is also arguably less effective against large hits, but as you can see from the Shaper Slam not even touching my life bar, going Hybrid allows you to basically have a 13-18k pool (MoM / take NecroAegis off) to soak that one hit and heal right back up.

What are the pros?

Spoiler
Aside from letting you walk over almost every single mod and piece of content,
it's a huge clearspeed buff from maxblock types. You get to keep your amulet slot, you don't have to worry about pre-emptively casting Bone Offering, you don't have to dedicate a flask slot to Rumi's.. AND your minions get to keep NecroAegis, which is absolutely great for their offensive power and mapping smoothness.

Also kind cheap to execute, works with a 5L and I'm not even using 50/50 jewels in the vids but rocking 5k HP and 8k ES pre-offering. With an ES shield I hit 11,500 max ES and life went up a bit, too.

Ok now's where's the build guide?

Long live Necros! (literally.)

💥💫BB Unloader 1000% AoE 70m DPS🗡️🔪🔫: view-thread/3466787
FlickerCoC Ice Nova / Spear Assassin: view-thread/3225536
🔨⚡CWC Lightning Conduit Mjolner Trickster: view-thread/3300148
VD Arcanist Brand Necro: view-thread/2911667
Last edited by primaeva on Jan 22, 2018, 4:56:45 AM
Last bumped on Mar 8, 2018, 9:44:37 AM
First meme to post
Finally post on forum hehe
░▀▄░░▄▀
▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄░▀█▀▐░▌
█▒░▒░▒░█▀█░░█░▐░▌
█░▒░▒░▒█▀█░░█░░█
█▄▄▄▄▄▄███══════
This is... nice.

Why did I missed this Reddit post? hm. Thx for sharing. I guess I need to toy around with my summoner now. I really like to Max-Block idea of this as I run with that anyway (fuck those solar guards, this is my shield!)

█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌
"
eviL_Bison wrote:
This is... nice.

Why did I missed this Reddit post? hm. Thx for sharing. I guess I need to toy around with my summoner now. I really like to Max-Block idea of this as I run with that anyway (fuck those solar guards, this is my shield!)

I guess the beefiest version WILL use max block and the %ES/%Life gained on block shields, why not.

Super safe for HC and you can roll crazy mods (Ele weakness, 300% incr damage, eh.)

Right now, I'm for the Spellblock things. But the %es/life on block will be insane. Maybe switching aways from Stone of Lazhwar to smth other and using again the Advancing fortress as weapon for some base block chance to get 75/50+ block or so.

I know that my shield would also be insane with Aegis, but again thats mine. :D

I like the Idea of me beeing immortal or near of. My playstyle with my necro tends anyway to alsways charge into groups of mobs... max block is king.

Now I need a Minion dmg / Immolation helm to test this out and switching from Solar Guards to Canibals or Goats and get rid of ele focus and take controlled destruction instead.

man and I thought my league will be over soon. I Guess not now. :D

█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌
I am doing a version of this build atm, but i have a problem with my CwdT setup... The Unearth will shoot out and this results in my spirit offering not triggering on all the corpsese.... is this something you experienced?
biggest problem with this: Bone Offering will overwrite Spirit Offering and cancle out your extra ES.

too bad.

So a Max Block with Bone off and Spirit Off will not work... sadly.

I'm now tinkering with my setup.
█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌
"
eviL_Bison wrote:
biggest problem with this: Bone Offering will overwrite Spirit Offering and cancle out your extra ES.

too bad.

So a Max Block with Bone off and Spirit Off will not work... sadly.

I'm now tinkering with my setup.

Hey there,it will cancel out your MAX ES, yes, but the added amount remains.

Example:

1000/8000 ES
Take hit of 600
400/8000 ES

Spirit Offering Triggers

400 (+ 2400) / 8000 (+ 2400)
2800 / 10400 ES

Bone Offering Triggers

2800 / 8000

It WILL lower your total EHP pool, but then again, you get the % chance block as well as the heal effect. Also, with the okay gear you could be netting 11k-17k EHP, which is more than sufficient against all heavy hits in the (current) game.

@Madsen:

This is true and unfortunate.

The first hit taken without corpses around will not be mitigated. This can't be avoided totally. But you can cast Desecrate if you see a hard-hitting mob (e.g. Abyss spinner / Shaper Slam) coming up. I showcase that in the first few frames of my video/gif (Desecrate before Slam).

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMDAAFvBAcEswceCPQNfA5IES0RLxFQEZYVJxg8GFYYahslG8gc3CepKPorCiycLKYy0TQKNj03ZjeDOQs5UjpYPC1Bh0NjRARFR0WdRnFHhUlRSbFLrkyzTblTUlXGV8lakVxrXfJgQ2KsaPJqQ2qsa9tsjG0Zbj1xTXyDf8aCx4MJg1-DzIPbhEiFYIyxjxqTJ5UumK2az5rgm4qboZ2qoS-iAKbrpyuofarErJi0DLc-uJO86r0nvk--gL6KwGbDbcrTzLzP3dAf0_vXz9i92VvZXt-K4vfpAuq662Pr7uyK74jv6_Af8NXxivJF99f5N_no_gr-gQ==?accountName=eviL_Bison&characterName=AbysschenMehrBison

I don't cinsider my gear as ok. lol

I'm not satisfied yet. About 4k ES right now with 4.5k life. thats enough for T15, ran a test Lava lake yesterday. I might drop Purity of Elements for Discipline and slot in somewhere a vaal disci.

Actually I use Goatmen Fire Raisers with Echo, GMP & Ignite (for Immolate, seems to work nice)

I might buy an Watchers eye with the Discipline ES on hit mod with ball lightning this will work nicely. Sadly I don't have the money for a clarity one.

I also think about using a Rathpith Globe as Shield... or go ham with Victarios and Necro Aegis. (one skill point away) and droping the block idea. But what then as 6th link?

Or a 5L shavs and Lowlife with Midnight Bargain?

ps: I know my jewels need ES.
█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌
"
eviL_Bison wrote:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMDAAFvBAcEswceCPQNfA5IES0RLxFQEZYVJxg8GFYYahslG8gc3CepKPorCiycLKYy0TQKNj03ZjeDOQs5UjpYPC1Bh0NjRARFR0WdRnFHhUlRSbFLrkyzTblTUlXGV8lakVxrXfJgQ2KsaPJqQ2qsa9tsjG0Zbj1xTXyDf8aCx4MJg1-DzIPbhEiFYIyxjxqTJ5UumK2az5rgm4qboZ2qoS-iAKbrpyuofarErJi0DLc-uJO86r0nvk--gL6KwGbDbcrTzLzP3dAf0_vXz9i92VvZXt-K4vfpAuq662Pr7uyK74jv6_Af8NXxivJF99f5N_no_gr-gQ==?accountName=eviL_Bison&characterName=AbysschenMehrBison

I don't cinsider my gear as ok. lol

I'm not satisfied yet. About 4k ES right now with 4.5k life. thats enough for T15, ran a test Lava lake yesterday. I might drop Purity of Elements for Discipline and slot in somewhere a vaal disci.

Actually I use Goatmen Fire Raisers with Echo, GMP & Ignite (for Immolate, seems to work nice)

I might buy an Watchers eye with the Discipline ES on hit mod with ball lightning this will work nicely. Sadly I don't have the money for a clarity one.

I also think about using a Rathpith Globe as Shield... or go ham with Victarios and Necro Aegis. (one skill point away) and droping the block idea. But what then as 6th link?

Or a 5L shavs and Lowlife with Midnight Bargain?

ps: I know my jewels need ES.

Heya,

Yeppp, I think with 50c you could get massive upgrades to your rings and amulet, they are really dirt cheap. If you do get the ES on hit one you could put ball lightning on your chest and get a 7 projectile BL for massive hits. :D Might as well make use of the GMP+Volley right?

Anyway I can't understate how good Int is for ES, most people leave that out of the stats but now that HoWA meta is gone, int is a cheap stat again.

All the best!

(Also I personally would not go lowlife MB because of shield charge, but if you are used to quicksilvering around, that's fine.)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info