[3.1] Facetank w 15-19k EHP - The Immortal Spectre Summoner (all specs, hyper important for HC)

I have made a 5L and have around 10k ES/hp but i think I'm really missing something. chimera 3 shot me in cloud phase and minotaur one shot me from underground even when i precast desecrate before him coming up. so i guess something is definitely wrong with my build. can anyone help me here?

Last edited by trusty13 on Feb 14, 2018, 10:28:27 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4Tapc6a7iw&feature=youtu.be
Solar Mans ! Can do Minotaur with not bad time. I use Fortress and enfeeble only on Bosses whos can one shot me !
is there a reason why u ppl dont use desercrate in the setup too ? i mean it has a cooldown but everytime u trigger both spells its like 7 more corpses ?
"
is there a reason why u ppl dont use desercrate in the setup too ? i mean it has a cooldown but everytime u trigger both spells its like 7 more corpses ?

Pretty sure it's because trying to get RGGGGx on an ES chest is already hell. You could split it into 2 different links, of course, and fit Desecrate in that way (some people are doing that).
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382
Does anyone have a problem against packs of mobs with very high physical damage? Like around Kitava Heralds, they'll all slam on top of me in a 0.1s interval, removing my entire ES pool and firing off unearths in a random direction, and then their next round of attacks will drain my entire life pool + what little ES i had managed to sustain.

Is the counter to that pre-desecrating corpses in the vicinity so you can immediately get spirit offering'd back?

It's sorta weird, I can deal with things like GMP/IAoE/twinned Core, or Elder, or Shaper, or guardians no problems, but a chain of very strong hits all at the same time ruins me.
"
tomatopotato wrote:
Been testing this a bit on Standard:

Spoiler
4L
CWDT
Unearth
GMP
LMP

4L
CWDT
Spirit Offering
Bone Offering
Immortal Call

4L
CWDT (LVL20)
Molten Shell (LVL20)
Enfeeble (LVL20)
Temp Chains (LVL20)

6L
CWC
Scorching Ray
Unearth
GMP
LMP
Spirit Offering

It seems fine for general mapping and most bosses, but I'm not sure this can be relied upon as a primary defense in certain challenging scenarios though, at least not in HC. I wasn't able to sustain against Minotaur and the falling rocks on a map with only one damage mod. Unless there's something I'm not doing correctly?

Edit 2/13:
Forgot that any spell on CWDT shares cooldown with copies of that spell on another link. Removed Unearth from the CWC link. Added a separate CWDT-Desecrate-Cascade link:

Spoiler
4L
CWDT
Unearth
GMP
LMP

3L
CWDT
Spirit Offering
Bone Offering

3L
CWDT
Increased Duration
Immortal Call

4L
CWDT
Desecrate
Cascade
Frost Wall

3L (all 20/20)
CWDT
Temp Chains
Enfeeble

I was at around 13k EHP (less than the OP, since I want to see how the build performs with Shavs/Presence/DreamFrags for immunities) and 69/75 block with Bone Offering up. Still at risk of being burst down vs. super rippy map mods or certain bosses, but quite tanky. Not quite immortal, but still really good. Maybe if I give up DreamFrags and Shavs it'll push my EHP past the threshold and into immortal territory?

Oooh, interesting, I hadn't thought of splitting Cwdt-Unearth and Cwdt-Spirit Offering into seperate link sets. That would let you use a 6L Vis Mortis.

So... how are you finding it? Is it reliably recovering your ES?
"
HarryBalzac wrote:
Oooh, interesting, I hadn't thought of splitting Cwdt-Unearth and Cwdt-Spirit Offering into seperate link sets. That would let you use a 6L Vis Mortis.

So... how are you finding it? Is it reliably recovering your ES?
Yes, it's quite reliable. You can soak up damage quite well in the vast majority of situations you'll encounter, indefinitely even (depending on damage mods/mob mechanics).
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382
Hey guys, can someone please check my setup as it feels like i regen too low ES with CWDT...
Char's name is CodeDemon (standard league) or PoB: https://pastebin.com/SxEXjFwA

Thanks for your time!
have to ask, in 3.2 is this still viable at all? or did they nerf it with the necro changes?
The past is a ghost that haunts you from the moment it exists, until the moment you do not.
"
have to ask, in 3.2 is this still viable at all? or did they nerf it with the necro changes?
Pretty heavily nerfed. Essentially you're looking at a 66% less healing
e.g. previously on a CWDT you take ~500 damage, heal 2000 (total +1500), now you heal 1000 (total +500)

It's still functional, but not facetank levels. ~50/50 block is probably better?
Last edited by omsion on Mar 8, 2018, 9:45:32 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info