[3.1] Freezing Pulse - Elementalist - Pen Stack - Guardian/Shaper/Uber Atziri Viable

Worth leveling as FP / Frostbolt or is the single target just too bad? What'd you do?
Why controlled destruction if you stack all that crit? Am I missing something?
"
timecat wrote:

You lose a lot of crit chance but it's a huge more modifier, so it's usually worth it overall.
"
timecat wrote:

Remember that losing "100% critical strike chance" doesn't mean your chance to crit is 0%. Something that took me a long time to understand.
"
Jaggy123 wrote:
"
timecat wrote:

Remember that losing "100% critical strike chance" doesn't mean your chance to crit is 0%. Something that took me a long time to understand.

Ah didn't realize this, thanks!
"
ConsPark wrote:
Worth leveling as FP / Frostbolt or is the single target just too bad? What'd you do?

I would advise leveling with firestorm/flame totem and lifesprigs, as freezing pulse isn't exactly leveling friendly. Without at least a 5 link chest, double First Snow gems, and a decent amount of crit stacked up, FP can feel pretty underwhelming
I apologize for leaving out info in this guide. I didn't mean to mislead anyone about the currency investment required to reach full ass blasting potential with this build.

I'll make sure to add in a disclaimer at the start about this, as well as more budget friendly options
Would it still be viable endgame using Frostbolt instead of Freezing Pulse? Black Hole Frostbolt looks so much better hehe
"
burnmyrique wrote:
Would it still be viable endgame using Frostbolt instead of Freezing Pulse? Black Hole Frostbolt looks so much better hehe

I am honestly not sure on this as I haven't tried it before. However, both are cold based projectile skills. Frostbolt has the same option with 2 threshold jewels, negating the need for GMP in your 6L chest set up.

In PoB, I changed the main skill from Freezing Pulse to Frostbolt, as well as replacing First Snow jewels with Frozen Trail jewels and the helm enchant to 40% increased Frostbolt damage. The damage readout showed ~1.6 mil.
Last edited by lwalker7 on Jan 23, 2018, 7:29:19 PM
"
Noxcydeo wrote:
thanks for the detailed guide. definetely gonna be trying this build out as i really like caster playstyle. I was wondering if you could make a short leveling section with leveling trees as that'd help me out alot.

Leveling section added. Sorry about the delay

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info