[3.1] Freezing Pulse - Elementalist - Pen Stack - Guardian/Shaper/Uber Atziri Viable

forgive me if I missed it, but what do we do for bandits? kill all?
"
smkythabear wrote:
forgive me if I missed it, but what do we do for bandits? kill all?

Yes, kill all. I'll add this into the guide
"
Adambjjoz wrote:
Of note right off the bat for a realistic look at the build - if you don't have two top-tier wand's like OP (they are worth upward's of 10 Exalt's each), then the recommended Void Battery wand's you would use instead will have you at around 30% less DPS fully buffed, and a DPS of just 180K un-buffed.

An effective HP of 5.5K - 7K on gear should be obtainable, including MOM.

Realistic costs based on available items (as at 23/01/2018) on poe.trade:
- 3-5 Ex for an equivalent 6-link chest
- 1c for the gloves
- 40c for the boots
- 20c for an equivalent helm (an extra 50c to 3Ex for one with the helm enchant)
- 30c for two half decently rolled Void Battery wand's
- 1c for the alternate slot wand/shield
- 1c for the Darkness Enthroned Stygian Vise belt
- 10c for the two Diamond Rings with Life/Mana/All-Res/Crit
- 100c for The Pandemonius amulet
- 10c for two of the First Snow jewels
- 40c for The Green Dream jewel
- 80c for two Abyss Jewels with + Cold damage to spells / life / more + cold damage (or while dual wielding)
- 10c for all the flasks combined

Levelling Gear Costs:
- 10c for a Tabula Rasa chest piece
- No clue on what the rest would cost, as OP hasn't included a levelling guide at this stage.

Total build costs not including two top-tier wands is about 8-10 Exalt's, no idea about the costs of levelling gear/items though, as they weren't advised in the build guide. OP's wand's he is using go for 10 Exalt's a piece (or substantially more) for even lesser quality equivalent's on poe.trade, currently - so that's something to think about.

with 2 void batteries (not even perfect rolled ones) and 20/20 gems. I think it's still very good.
Last edited by culpahble86 on Jan 24, 2018, 1:27:57 PM
"
culpahble86 wrote:
with 2 void batteries (not even perfect rolled ones) and 20/20 gems. I think it's still very good.

That's just the DPS number in a perfect situation with every possible buff & charge full and active, set to white trash mob killing numbers in POB. That DPS number drops by 300K simply by setting the config to Shaper numbers to get a more realistic figure - start losing any charges or fighting against an ele-protected enemy and the DPS is halved again. Run out of buffs or charges and the DPS is only a touch above 200K in total.

So yeah, the build has it's high points for sure, but people should be aware of what the lower end of things and bossing numbers are going to look like, too.
Do you have any videos with some harder content ? Like a corrupted t15/t16 or something ?

I always liked freezing pulse but the damage is so low...

Nice to see it's working for you even if those wands are like 20ex or something.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1462987
so im starting this build tomorrow because of real life delays, i was wondering before i start, do you recommend any other ascendancy to a newbie player? maybe assassin or inquisitor? i'll probably be investing alot into this build and i want to get the best return possible, so i was wondering if going Assassin or Inquisitor is superior to going elementalist, as elementalist feels kinda mediocre to me
"
Noxcydeo wrote:
so im starting this build tomorrow because of real life delays, i was wondering before i start, do you recommend any other ascendancy to a newbie player? maybe assassin or inquisitor? i'll probably be investing alot into this build and i want to get the best return possible, so i was wondering if going Assassin or Inquisitor is superior to going elementalist, as elementalist feels kinda mediocre to me

Sure, you can absolutely change up the ascendancy choice to your liking. Most people prefer inquisitor in the current meta and prefer using shield charge or whirling blades over flame dash (due to higher clear speed). I'm comfortable with the current set up and usually try to go with ideas outside of the meta (in any game), so I chose elementalist.

Ultimately, you will see comparable damage with inquisitor vs elementalist. I have discussed this in multiple threads now, and have yet to see a significant difference in terms of DPS between a dual wield wand elementalist and a dual wield wand inquisitor. If you prefer one ascendancy over another, feel free to go with what you like and find a way to make it work.
can you tell me The Pantheon????

"
kymkymkym wrote:
can you tell me The Pantheon????

Sure thing.

For major pantheon, I choose Soul of the Brine King, although Lunaris is also a solid choice.

For minor, I usually roll with Yugul. If the map has burning ground or mob hits always ignite, I go with Abberath (soul needs captured for the reduced ignite duration). If the map rolls mobs always poison on hit, I go with Shakari (soul needs captured for this).
Added a couple videos into the guide. One is a Phoenix fight, and the other is a T15 Reef corrupted with +mob life and +40% mob elemental resist, as well as a Zana map with elemental equilibrium.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info