[3.1] Freezing Pulse - Elementalist - Pen Stack - Guardian/Shaper/Uber Atziri Viable

Thanks so much!!!

I have been really working at a freeze pulse build, several times. Latest effort got me to lvl 86 but kinda crapped out there, mostly cause not enough juice to kill bosses.

This is a BOSS KILLER!! It took a little bit of getting used to. It is a bit more technical/active than I usually play (lazy one button), but I am learning to play better too.

So much fun to play. I am using dual Void Batteries. I use a Devoto's helmet for some movement speed. I use Atziri's splendor for life and mana on kill and have .5% damage life and mana leech enchant on boots. I get to ~300k DPS at times so far.!!!

Great idea of Orb of Storms+Power charge on critical to keep max power charges up! Never heard of that before but it works great.
Great build! :-) I just love freezing shit.

A suggestion: play style is so very important and left out of most build guides. I play my Marauder very different from my flame totem witch.

A few lines about play style would be very helpful. I have never used orb of storms or frost bomb before. I think the best way to play this is to, when you see a mob, tap orb of storms, then freeze pulse interspersed with frost bomb, repeatedly. Yes? Always hit Vaal haste before a boss. You wont usually get frenzy charges in a boss room unless there are additional monsters there to kill. If so, you better hit the orb of storms first or you'll kill 'em all and get no frenzy charges. A boss alone needs special treatment. Any suggestions, tips, or procedure for that?

Thanks again! Great build.
"
c_dificil wrote:
Great build! :-) I just love freezing shit.

A suggestion: play style is so very important and left out of most build guides. I play my Marauder very different from my flame totem witch.

A few lines about play style would be very helpful. I have never used orb of storms or frost bomb before. I think the best way to play this is to, when you see a mob, tap orb of storms, then freeze pulse interspersed with frost bomb, repeatedly. Yes? Always hit Vaal haste before a boss. You wont usually get frenzy charges in a boss room unless there are additional monsters there to kill. If so, you better hit the orb of storms first or you'll kill 'em all and get no frenzy charges. A boss alone needs special treatment. Any suggestions, tips, or procedure for that?

Thanks again! Great build.

Hey! Glad you enjoy the build.

I did throw a couple videos in the guide, but you are right, some words on play style would definitely be helpful. For orb of storms, you are correct, though it isn't required to be tossed down on every wave, as power charge duration is at 15 seconds with the current set up. Frost bomb is typically saved for bosses, but can also be used on rares that pack some extra life/resistances. I usually save vaal haste for bosses, abysses, and breaches. Frenzy charges are definitely not guaranteed throughout boss fights, but help pack a punch while they last from add phases.

For boss fights, it really depends on the content. Most bosses it's lay down frost bomb, flame dash in, pop vaal haste and offensive flasks, and proceed to open a can of whoop ass. This can be seen from the Carcass boss video in the guide.

For bosses that have phases that cannot be skipped, or are freeze immune (guardians, shaper, atziri), the playstyle is much more active and requires attention to mechanics and positioning. Even though we get a blind from pandemonius, physical damage is the biggest weakness to the build. A basalt flask can do wonders to help this. I also position further away from the bosses to avoid melee hits and give myself some wiggle room to react to mechanics. This hinders DPS but helps keep me alive. While this build is centered around penetration, I would say keeping power charges is #1 priority for boss fights. This is done by casting orb of storms as necessary near the boss. Again, they last 15 seconds, so it's not something you have to constantly worry about. Frost bomb is a nice addition that lowers enemy cold resistance and is nice to keep up with, but can become quite difficult to maintain when considering orb of storms, flask usage, boss mechanics, etc.
I love this build, but is there a suggestion for beating the Hall of Grandmasters? I am able to kill most, but a few I can't really touch- its the last map I need to complete! Please help!
"
I love this build, but is there a suggestion for beating the Hall of Grandmasters? I am able to kill most, but a few I can't really touch- its the last map I need to complete! Please help!

I've cleared it a handful of times now with this build, but also failed as many times as I've cleared it. The two that give me trouble are the gubben's. Both have max block and stupid high regen. I tried using a reduced block support gem, didn't really seem to make a difference. Make sure you have frostbomb laid down on these guys. I'm not really sure what allows me to kill them when I do, but sometimes they just break. Other times I sit there and slowly die to them until I run out of portals lol..
started doing this as my last build for Abyss league and have this chest in my stash
was thinking it might work for this build?

BBBBGG might prove a challenge but should be possible.

EDIT:

Finally got the colours rolled.

Cheers
OaH
Last edited by openallhours on Feb 10, 2018, 3:17:05 AM
"
openallhours wrote:
started doing this as my last build for Abyss league and have this chest in my stash
was thinking it might work for this build?

BBBBGG might prove a challenge but should be possible.

Cheers
OaH

For sure!

4B2G doesn't look too bad to get either:

I finally got the BBBBGG only took 374 chromes.
also bought this wand today

OaH

Here is my Current Gear:

Still need four more levels to wear the helm but liking the build so far...

Last edited by openallhours on Feb 10, 2018, 10:04:27 PM
im having trouble with my mana how come ?

and how do i get the poer charges ?

thx in advance

j
im having trouble with my mana how come ?

and how do i get the poer charges ?

thx in advance

j

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info