[3.1] Freezing Pulse - Elementalist - Pen Stack - Guardian/Shaper/Uber Atziri Viable

"
Jegersqok wrote:
im having trouble with my mana how come ?

and how do i get the poer charges ?

thx in advance

j

Power charges come from orb of storms linked with power charge on crit. You can also use assassin's mark over warlord's mark if you feel comfortable with that playstyle. You'll lose a bit of leech but won't have to drop orb of storms unless you are on a boss.

For mana issues, there are a number of factors that can affect it. Do you have the maximum mana nodes around mind over matter and the other maximum mana nodes? Do you have +maximum mana on your gear? Do you have the lab leech enchant on your boots? Are you linking enlighten with your auras? If you can link your pastebin from Path of building I'd be happy to take a look at your set up
Again Great Build, and thanks.

I have a question. When I cast Frost Bomb. I get a LIGHTNING penetration boost!! I can see this when I cast in my HO. I pull up the 'offence' tab on the 'character' screen. I set off Frost Bomb and voila, Lightniong Resistance Penetration of 25% comes on, instead of the advertised COLD penetration boost. Can you try this for me and tell me what you find? I reported it but they have not been responsive so far.

My setup is almost exactly like yours, with dual void batteries.

Thanks.
"
c_dificil wrote:
Again Great Build, and thanks.

I have a question. When I cast Frost Bomb. I get a LIGHTNING penetration boost!! I can see this when I cast in my HO. I pull up the 'offence' tab on the 'character' screen. I set off Frost Bomb and voila, Lightniong Resistance Penetration of 25% comes on, instead of the advertised COLD penetration boost. Can you try this for me and tell me what you find? I reported it but they have not been responsive so far.

My setup is almost exactly like yours, with dual void batteries.

Thanks.

I believe this would be coming from the Mastermind of Discord notable from the Elementalist tree.

- Damage Penetrates 25% Cold Resistance if you've used a Fire Skill in the past 10 seconds
- Damage Penetrates 25% Lightning Resistance if you've used a Cold Skill in the past 10 seconds
- Damage Penetrates 25% Fire Resistance if you've used a Lightning Skill in the past 10 seconds

From frostbomb:

Creates a crystal that pulses with cold for a duration. Each pulse applies a debuff to nearby enemies that reduces their cold resistance and life regeneration. When its duration ends, the crystal explodes, dealing heavy cold damage to enemies around it.

Deals (10-521) to (14-781) Cold Damage
Base duration is 3.5 seconds
Base secondary duration is 2 seconds
-20% to Cold Resistance
75% reduced Life Regeneration rate

So Frostbomb lowers enemy cold resistance. It's not exactly penetration, but it ultimately achieves the same goal of making the enemy more vulnerable to cold (It would make sense that the -20% from frostbomb is applied before penetration, but I'm not 100% sure how the damage numbers are calculated). The reason that it won't show as a penetration buff for you is because you aren't directly receiving the buff, rather the enemy is receiving a debuff during frostbomb.
what can you say about 3.2,0 ?
Great build! I'm having fun with the build, but I have a problem with the reflect map. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Here are my gears

IGN: DrSlump / DrArale
My shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2125286
"
zima2010 wrote:

I can say that I feel the Elementalist rework was very lackluster compared to other ascendancies. From a self casting spell user's perspective, elementalist got very small benefits: 0.5% elemental damage life leech, reflect immunity, and increased effect/lower mana res of heralds. Mastermind of Discord got a QoL buff in the sense that you just use the matching herald for the pen bonus. Finally golem buff dropped from +100% effect to +50% (assuming Liege is taken). Seems like they really missed the mark when they turned Elementalist into a golemancer with a half assed rework.

So the issue isn't that Elementalist is really worse next patch than in 3.1. It's that most other classes got substantially buffed, while Elementalist got mainly turned into a golem ascendancy.

Anyway I'll likely be going Ascendant next patch with some combo of Elementalist/Inquisitor/Trickster/Assassin. Haven't really decided yet.

"
DrSlump wrote:
Great build! I'm having fun with the build, but I have a problem with the reflect map. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Here are my gears

The only way to currently run reflect maps with 100% immunity is by taking Paragon of Calamity (50% reduced), Soul of Yugul (25% reduced), and slotting a Sibyl's Lament in the left ring slot (40% reduced).

Wouldn't worry about it though, as reflect immunity was added to Paragon of Calamity for 3.2.
"
lwalker7 wrote:
"
zima2010 wrote:

I can say that I feel the Elementalist rework was very lackluster compared to other ascendancies. From a self casting spell user's perspective, elementalist got very small benefits: 0.5% elemental damage life leech, reflect immunity, and increased effect/lower mana res of heralds. Mastermind of Discord got a QoL buff in the sense that you just use the matching herald for the pen bonus. Finally golem buff dropped from +100% effect to +50% (assuming Liege is taken). Seems like they really missed the mark when they turned Elementalist into a golemancer with a half assed rework.

So the issue isn't that Elementalist is really worse next patch than in 3.1. It's that most other classes got substantially buffed, while Elementalist got mainly turned into a golem ascendancy.

Anyway I'll likely be going Ascendant next patch with some combo of Elementalist/Inquisitor/Trickster/Assassin. Haven't really decided yet.

What do you think is gonna be better between the new node "Elemancer" and "Paragon of calamity"?
The first one gives you immunity to freeze, ignite, shock as well as the third golem with his 35% inreased dmg (20*1.75 thanks to the "Liege of the primordial" buff) plus another 20% dmg buff since now you have 3 golems.
With all that said the second one is still pretty good so I'm pretty confused on what to use.
Thanks for the build btw, really well made guide
Appreciate the feedback!

I would absolutely choose paragon of calamity for a couple reasons. Allowing for ignoring reflect mods on maps is a great QoL improvement. 0.5% Ele Damage leeched as life negates the need to farm out the uber lab boot enchant, or even use warlords mark, and allows for assassin's mark/frostbite/any other curse to be used. The elemental immunity provided by Elemancer is nice, but this is already easily taken care of by flask usage. In my opinion, the benefits of paragon of calamity outweigh elemancer (as well as me really not wanting to take up another slot on my skill bar with a golem, even with the addition of another slot lol).

Ultimately I still believe an Ascendant combination will outperform elementalist alone for self cast elemental spells, but I'm not 100% sure on this.
Hello.
I've made this build more or less.
So far I am lacking the boots and the gloves, but my damage is 97k on the tooltip.
anyway it actually feel more like 2-3k, compared to other builds.

ANYWAY.. I have the follow question :

1) Is the difference between a normal ( other ) boots and gloves and yours so big in the mater of damage ?
Last edited by ThorTX on Mar 6, 2018, 2:36:04 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info