[3.3] CI Wandcultist - League starter - Fast mapper - Guardians on a 5L - Shaper down

I was just thinking this morning "it's a shame there's no skill mtx for either of the primary skills for this build". Imagine my surprise when I see kinetic blast now has a celestial effect! Explosions are even more fun now! :D
*Never forgetting how good this game looked at 32:9 instead of 1/3 of my screen being black bars.*
"
I was just thinking this morning "it's a shame there's no skill mtx for either of the primary skills for this build". Imagine my surprise when I see kinetic blast now has a celestial effect! Explosions are even more fun now! :D
I think it was made for me :P

@Wanzz
If you are still looking for upgrades, I'd probably look for a rare wand anyway (check previous pages or page 1 on how to quickly compare wands on the market), maybe recolor your gloves (or get a new pair) so you can socket Pierce with KB, and replace Poacher's Aim with an Abyss jewel.
Anyway, if you are looking for bosskiller, and decide to go with Molten Strike, you can use a Dying Sun for both builds. I've just recently got one and damn, feels good :)

@Nomnaut
I did check your profile earlier on today (now set to private) and I think I've seen you replace your Phoenix Hold ring, personally I thought you'd replace the Dread Nail.
Also if you find it sometimes hard to survive in higher tier maps, Wanzzz's suggestion about corrupted gloves is very on point since Enfeeble works very well.
I also never have mana problems, no regen maps included, so there's definitely 1 flask slot you can open up :)
For defense, I actually think that Jade flask of Reflexes is better then Basalt, but that's just my opinion. At least it gives you another idea to experiment with.
My build guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180198

Taking a break from PoE, catch me up in Warframe: https://www.warframe.com/signup?referrerId=5b625847f2f2eb0ea0750322
Use above link for free booster when you sign up! :)
@bristoling

Sorry, again. Fixed. :)

So, I knew I couldn’t afford a thunderfist with ele weak hit corruption, and after vaaling six pairs (all 4L, 20q, rrgb/rggb), I surmised that the important part is not the curse itself, but just the act of cursing. Because the reason we curse in the first place is to synergize with Profane Bloom. So I bought the cheapest corrupted pair of Thunderfist for 9c, and it had Enfeeble, which I’m ok with. I then needed to recolor the sockets and some guy charged me 13c for that. I hit R-G-G-B on my first attempt, so I’ll just keep it for now. I don’t have enough Vaal or chromatics to go for RRGB.

That said, I could’ve also purchased an Impresence with 100% reduced conductivity mod, but I’d have to reshuffle some rezzes around, and an active aura isn’t as reliable or far-reaching as a curse on hit. Although, Consuctivity might mean more dps than Enfeeble, even with the amulet and jewel changes. If I had more currency, I’d test it out. I should save up for a 6L now lol.

If you wouldn’t mind terribly, perhaps take another look. I think you’ll approve of all my changes. I currently have two points in the starter spell damage nodes because I’m saving up for Wandslinger. As leveling slows down, I’ll flip-flop between keeping extra points there until I can reach important things like wandslinger mentioned previously, and the +1 power charge and jewel socket, until lastly, Unnatural Calm.

It’ll be quite a testament to the build of a guy like me can manage 36/40 with this character. Here’s hoping. :)
Last edited by nomnaut on Jun 12, 2018, 4:07:06 AM
Honestly I'd keep RGGB if I were you, Pierce is a good gem and more of a long term goal anyway. Additional red gem is more budget friendly if you can't afford a decent Abyss jewel, but at this point in the league the basic jewels are cheap.
I need to edit the gem section and update it properly tomorrow :)

Not sure what the normal price on 6L Beast is, since there is almost none on the market at the moment (and prices are all over the place), but if I were you, I'd take it a small step at a time instead of saving up for a big jump.
What I mean is, upgrading from 5 to 6L will probably cost you 4-5ex, to gain around 45% more dps.
For 1ex, you can buy very good Abyss jewels that will boost your dps by around 20%. Level a bit more, get another jewel socket and you can boost it further by another 10% or more (at the cost of 30-40c jewel).
For another 1ex (or much less actually, 20-30c), you can probably buy some great ES amulet with enough resists and Crit Multi coupled with another good damage mod, that will give you another 10% more damage or more.

So for 2ex you can almost get the same value as if you got a 6L, but it might be cheaper, plus you don't have to wait that long - if you're willing to invest into this build, might as well spend your first 40c towards your 6L on a good Abyss jewel. It is definitely possible to spend same amount of currency but have more dps on a 5L then just getting a 6L :P

I might be rambling on a little now but that's how I usually upgrade my characters. I see that getting 5->6L is gonna take me a few days for example, so instead I focus on what I can afford right now, and next day I get another upgrade somewhere else, and so on.
My build guides:

Taking a break from PoE, catch me up in Warframe: https://www.warframe.com/signup?referrerId=5b625847f2f2eb0ea0750322
"
nomnaut wrote:
@bristoling

Sorry, again. Fixed. :)

So, I knew I couldn’t afford a thunderfist with ele weak hit corruption, and after vaaling six pairs (all 4L, 20q, rrgb/rggb), I surmised that the important part is not the curse itself, but just the act of cursing. Because the reason we curse in the first place is to synergize with Profane Bloom. So I bought the cheapest corrupted pair of Thunderfist for 9c, and it had Enfeeble, which I’m ok with. I then needed to recolor the sockets and some guy charged me 13c for that. I hit R-G-G-B on my first attempt, so I’ll just keep it for now. I don’t have enough Vaal or chromatics to go for RRGB.

That said, I could’ve also purchased an Impresence with 100% reduced conductivity mod, but I’d have to reshuffle some rezzes around, and an active aura isn’t as reliable or far-reaching as a curse on hit. Although, Consuctivity might mean more dps than Enfeeble, even with the amulet and jewel changes. If I had more currency, I’d test it out. I should save up for a 6L now lol.

If you wouldn’t mind terribly, perhaps take another look. I think you’ll approve of all my changes. I currently have two points in the starter spell damage nodes because I’m saving up for Wandslinger. As leveling slows down, I’ll flip-flop between keeping extra points there until I can reach important things like wandslinger mentioned previously, and the +1 power charge and jewel socket, until lastly, Unnatural Calm.

It’ll be quite a testament to the build of a guy like me can manage 36/40 with this character. Here’s hoping. :)

I feel you man... I was also frustrated after i got the ubber lab done and i had basically an useless ascendance point (Profane Bloom), since i had no way to proc it, cause no Thunderfist with curse on hit, neither had space to fit the CoH gem + Ele Weak in the chain. The solution i found, which im in still using and liking a lot, btw, is an Elder ring with Warlords' Mark on hit. It was a very nice alternative cause besides the amazing sustain it gives, the endurance charges are also very helpful. It also fred the 'currupted slot' on the Thunderfist so i could use the ''+2 on projectile socketed gems'', which i got in one of the attempts for Ele Weaakness.

An interesting thing i changed in the build/playstile, well, at least for now that i dont have Dying sun and the Barrage head enchant, is to not use point blank so i wont lose DPS for attacking stuff from far away. Im basically doing the bosses with Power Siphon, and its surprisingly doing fine so far. Looking foward to get the head enchant/flask, so i can just facetank stuff and stop running like a bitch. lol

My char right now: https://pastebin.com/MKBWf8J8
Currently I dont know how the price changed for Shawl 6L - I bought mine
for 7 Ex a week ago (i think) and currently trying to get another one to double corrupt it in the temple :D

Before I had a 5L Vaal Regalia with mediocre stats (~380ES) - Barrage wasnt that good and only used for single target if no walls were near..One of the facts I chain farmed Burial Chambers which got me the ventors gamble which I sold for 6.5 Ex to buy the above mentioned chest. I think a 5L will do just fine and they are just 25-40c depending on the rolls and colors..

From my current experience with my char I will try an IH the next League instead of the Shawl - even though the Shawl works very well, I think the armour from IH alone would prevent some one-shots or close calls. Combined with a granite + 100% armour even harder hitting bosses should be a joke..
Is vessel of vinktaar any good? also have u tried cdwt cold snap with increased area, perma frenzy charges. Also should I farm 68 lab for some enchants
Last edited by nasud on Jun 12, 2018, 9:58:54 AM
Vinktar works great but remember to get shock immunity on one of the flasks. Although I've seen one profile running without it and he reached level 91.

Best thing is to load up prophecy for double enchant and run uber lab till you get something nice on your boots. Running lab for Barrage or KB enchant isn't really worth it imo, chances of success are too low. Trash to Treasure prophecy on +1 barrage white hubris is what I done in Bestiary.

Edit: And yes I am using Cold Snap in a CwDT, originally the build used Vortex in 3.2 but CS has bigger radius and helps to generate charges.
My build guides:

Last edited by Bristoling on Jun 13, 2018, 5:12:15 AM
*Hey there, is a low life version possible? i've got perf roll 6L shav + lvl 4 enlighten.
Wonder if i could go low life, even if loosing the damage on full life

thanks ! great build
Only changes would be not getting CI, Slower Projectiles instead of Damage on Full Life, and Herald of Thunder+Ice on Blood Magic. Still, it's a slight dps and ES loss over going CI, but you get to enjoy our Herald MTX if you have any :)

On the other hand you could use Greedtrap boots for extra mf, they are pretty decent
My build guides:

Last edited by Bristoling on Jun 13, 2018, 5:55:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info