[3.3] [HC] Torchbearer's Off-Screen Summoner - [Command 90+ Minions] - [HC/Uber endgame viable]

"
ptfitzgi wrote:
Hyper noob question here, sorry for the absolute basic level of this question. Posted on Reddit, no reply. :(

I've got Skelly+Minion Dam+Melee Phys+Summon Phantasm on Kill in helm. Phantasm doesn't summon, though! I'm only lvl 40 right now, but it's got a 59% to summon on lvl 10 gem. Gem highlights when I hover over Skellys, so I'm at a loss. What's the trick to Phantasms here?

There can be 3 potential explanations as to why your phantasms aren't summoning.

1) Your skeleton gem is low level and they're not able to get kills to summon them because of inferior damage.

2) You have an item equipped that doesn't allow your minions to kill or only enables them to kill frozen/ignited/chilled etc targets.

3) You are using another skill or culling strike with another skill gem that finishes off enemies before your skeletons are able to kill them.
Hey man,

fantastic build - really enjoying it this league in HC.

I have one question for you and one point of criticism:

1) What would you suggest as an alternative this league if The Scourge remains above 100c as it currently is? That seems to be a core item for this build and currently that price is pretty prohibitive.

I also have seen very few Magna's on poe trade, if any at certain times of day. I saw you suggest Queen's Escape - is that viable into maps?

2) My only complaint so far regarding this guide is you don't seem to have a leveling section (items at certain levels, gems for leveling, etc). While it is a pretty self explanatory build I think that might help attract more to try this out. One example I can think of is I picked up Victario's Charity at lvl 50 which sped up leveling a lot, might be worth mentioning items similar to that that are useful to leveling?

Once again great build and thanks for sharing!
I second a need for a leveling section, I'm totally new to minion/skelly builds and just doing whatever as I level.
"
pbrayer wrote:
Hey man,

fantastic build - really enjoying it this league in HC.

I have one question for you and one point of criticism:

1) What would you suggest as an alternative this league if The Scourge remains above 100c as it currently is? That seems to be a core item for this build and currently that price is pretty prohibitive.

I also have seen very few Magna's on poe trade, if any at certain times of day. I saw you suggest Queen's Escape - is that viable into maps?

2) My only complaint so far regarding this guide is you don't seem to have a leveling section (items at certain levels, gems for leveling, etc). While it is a pretty self explanatory build I think that might help attract more to try this out. One example I can think of is I picked up Victario's Charity at lvl 50 which sped up leveling a lot, might be worth mentioning items similar to that that are useful to leveling?

Once again great build and thanks for sharing!

Thanks, I haven't had the time to write it all down about the leveling process in detail, but I'm certainly working on it.

Queen's escape is viable up to tier 4-5 maps. By that time currency starts coming in in bunches. 1 or 2 lucky drops you can sell for 1-2ex and that should do the trick. Meanwhile, in Incursion league as far as I can see there are some crazy good minion items (rare ones), 90%+ increased minion damage on sceptres. Absolutely broken. Suggest you use those too from the temple drops.
I'm running this build on HC Incursion. I'm currently 72 and using Queen's Escape. I used SRS mainly to level up. Feel free to add me and we can share our insights. Character name is SimpleSips.
Last edited by enigma322 on Jun 7, 2018, 12:28:18 PM
On my 2nd HC Incursion try as I ripped at 60 the first time around. Now back to 64 and have to say its a beast of a build. Iv'e solo'ed all the way to the blood ducts so far with little problems. I made a few changes to my liking but following your build mostly and doing fine. I changed Increased Duration to Invocation and added a Spell Totem to my Skeletons in a 5link armor, also using the Aurumvorax for the resists atm as I cant find a HC scourge atm and using a Matua Tupuna. Just wanted to say this is definitely the best HC Necro build Ive ever tried and Ive been playing since the 3rd league started, Props to you and thanks ….
In game since Minotaur League..
Hey I'm really enjoying the build so far but I'm confused about something, why are there two "raise skeleton" gems in the example equipment build on page 3? I know one of them is "vaal raise skeleton" and the other is a regular "raise skeleton" but when I cast the two gems at the same time they just cancel each other out (one of the skeletons die and another is spawned)

I'm super new so I don't know if I'm doing something wrong.
"
Skarn wrote:
Hey I'm really enjoying the build so far but I'm confused about something, why are there two "raise skeleton" gems in the example equipment build on page 3? I know one of them is "vaal raise skeleton" and the other is a regular "raise skeleton" but when I cast the two gems at the same time they just cancel each other out (one of the skeletons die and another is spawned)

I'm super new so I don't know if I'm doing something wrong.

Hey, there was a recent change to Vaal skill gems. The singular Vaal gem now has the regular summon skeleton gem integrated in it. So you can use both spells just from having that one Vaal gem.

The 2nd skeleton gem is no longer useful in patch 3.3.0
:)

Happy you're enjoying the build!
"
Hellzwraith wrote:
On my 2nd HC Incursion try as I ripped at 60 the first time around. Now back to 64 and have to say its a beast of a build. Iv'e solo'ed all the way to the blood ducts so far with little problems. I made a few changes to my liking but following your build mostly and doing fine. I changed Increased Duration to Invocation and added a Spell Totem to my Skeletons in a 5link armor, also using the Aurumvorax for the resists atm as I cant find a HC scourge atm and using a Matua Tupuna. Just wanted to say this is definitely the best HC Necro build Ive ever tried and Ive been playing since the 3rd league started, Props to you and thanks ….

Happy you're enjoying it my friend, great job on mixing things up to your taste.

gl!
wow, nice build! really looking forward to give this one a try.

Since i am quite new at summoners, what stats shoudl i be looking for on gear? apart from + life, mana and es and minion damage.....

also, i will be playing this one on Softcore, is there anything i should keep in mind? (might drop one of the defensive gems for offense for example.

thanks again for the great guide!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info