[3.3] [HC] Torchbearer's Off-Screen Summoner - [Command 90+ Minions] - [HC/Uber endgame viable]

Alright, just riped by the random disconnect in the temple. But anyway i would recommend that build to everyone who wants to play summoner, it is really safe to play and also not so expensive to build.
Here is my setup if someone intrested (cost me around 100-150c on hc (big part of that price was weapon and shield, wich should be much cheaper already)), t13-t14 maps was ezpz (had some problems with dps on some crazy mapmods and temples, but im sure it was only because of my lowlvl gems).
Spoiler

Thanks for the great build and good luck to everyone else.
"
BrainPls wrote:
Hey sorry if this question has been answered and I just missed it, but what changes would you make to this build to make it a more DMG and less survival build for a SC character?

Dual wield a 90%+ minion damage offhand, swap chest to Avian's aspect one, Hatred + another damage aura instead of AA/Discipline.

It's very straightforward, you just lower your defensive auras/equipment and exchange them with DPS ones, although I'm sure there's far superior builds in terms of raw DPS to this one for SC summoners.
Hi, amazing build I would like to ask 2 questions though.

1) Why using Zealoth Oath for ES regen instead of life?even in video you don't rly have much ES right?Doesn't that make Chaos dmg even more dangerous that it already is?

2) Do you think this build, if decently geared in current hc temp league, can it kill Uber Atziri?Its the one boss I wasn't able to kill on any build so far:)

Thank you:)
"
Lightdark99 wrote:
Hi, amazing build I would like to ask 2 questions though.

1) Why using Zealoth Oath for ES regen instead of life?even in video you don't rly have much ES right?Doesn't that make Chaos dmg even more dangerous that it already is?

2) Do you think this build, if decently geared in current hc temp league, can it kill Uber Atziri?Its the one boss I wasn't able to kill on any build so far:)

Thank you:)

Your Blood of the Karui potion takes care of all scary situations really, you just pre-apply it before you walk into anything that's even remotely threatening to you.

The life regen from that potion doesn't apply to ES, since it's stated as "Life recovery", not regeneration.

Zealot's Oath is great since you get to regen the ES mid-fight very fast.

For example: If you attempt uber atziri, it'll be much easier for you to stay healthy if your ES continues to regen even after it's depleted while in combat. Meanwhile, you can refresh your life with your instant potions as well.

It's always the better option if you're running hybrid ES/life.

Build can very well kill uber atziri, but make sure you have the Scourge, Magna Eclipsis. 10k+ effective hp and an elder helmet to not fall behind on DPS.

Summoner/SRS builds in general kill Atziri well.

:)
Last edited by Acaste7 on Jun 11, 2018, 12:20:09 PM
I had a horrible weekend.. Clicked and Ripped at 68 to a yellow strongbox in a lvl 1 graveyard map!!! Ok so it happens in Hc.. Remade and Ripped at Tukohama this time around lvl 48 or so.. Remade once again and back to 39 as of last night!!!

Im now trying that low lvl scepter(bitterdream) on my Vaal Skeltons and Zombies.. Its essentially a 9 link as I have 3 links on the mace too and they seem to be ripping through everything so far. Just started act 5 last night so well see how long I can use it..
In game since Minotaur League..
Last edited by Hellzwraith on Jun 11, 2018, 1:23:31 PM
Hello everyone,

I have started playing with this build two days ago. I am now lvl 68 in HC Incursion.

When I first read the guide, I thought the hybrid life/ES was a bit weird considering the amount of life we get. I decided to do the leveling as a pure life character, dodging all the ES nodes and even the hybrid life/ES nodes. The purpose of this is to rush all the juicy life nodes on the marauder side, which will scale easily with life gear. I thought it would be easier than investing into hybrid life/ES gear. I am currently sitting on 4k112 HP with belly and very average gear, and I feel very safe going into act 10 today (when am I going to change this Three Dragons helmet lol ?). The other benefit of doing so is that you don't have to bother with mana reservation issues yet. Arctic Armor and Hatred (with generosity) is all I need.

I'm just starting to take the hybrid life/ES nodes on the right of the witch starting point. I will respec eventually to take the starting ES nodes, Arcane Focus and Unnatural Calm, but I don't suggest taking them earlier on execpt of you have some hybrid life/ES items to scale with. I understand that in hard maps we will need this defense.

I did the leveling as a summoner almost from lvl 1. I used a Reverbaration Rod at level 24 with SRS and then Queen's Escape at lvl 38 which is AWESOME, especially after cruel lab. Violent Dead Jewels help a lot too. In the end, it's all you really need : Queen's Escape, Violent Dead and Summon phantasm on kill for the skeletons. I don't even have the occasion to use the curse on hit set up, everything dies quickly.

My profile is public.

I am now thinking about which unique I am going to invest in : The Scourge or Magna Ecplipsis. I think I'm gonna go with the shield, but I don't know what to use in main hand in the mean time before I can buy The Scourge. Any suggestions ?
I have taken the two +30 dex nodes, and can only get charged dash to level 6. How do we dodge boss attacks like atziris flameblast. I'm very used to using shield charge and whirling blades on soft core characters as a means of travelling the map and also dodging. Of course I don't miss the travelling of the map aspect because I'm taking it carefully with hardcore and not bothered about clearspeed, but what about the dodging element?
Can anyone provide some gameplay video demonstrating fast mapping? Currently 72 but don't know if I'm doing this build correctly.
Last edited by enigma322 on Jun 15, 2018, 5:08:00 PM
Hi . Can you maybe ADD an leveling Guide for the Passive Points @skill tree whats first , that woult help for new players
"
Bloodraven wrote:
I have taken the two +30 dex nodes, and can only get charged dash to level 6. How do we dodge boss attacks like atziris flameblast. I'm very used to using shield charge and whirling blades on soft core characters as a means of travelling the map and also dodging. Of course I don't miss the travelling of the map aspect because I'm taking it carefully with hardcore and not bothered about clearspeed, but what about the dodging element?

Move speed and/or move speed flast + Charged dash can be very quick and easy to dodge with. You could always use Lightning Warp instead, but it'd just be a downgrade. :)

Charged Dash levels mean nothing as well. You can keep it on level 1 and still get the same results. Though it's a minor damage boost if you upgrade it.
Last edited by Acaste7 on Jun 17, 2018, 3:33:56 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info