[3.3] [HC] Torchbearer's Off-Screen Summoner - [Command 90+ Minions] - [HC/Uber endgame viable]

"
Acaste7 wrote:
Charged Dash is an ability that propels a "spirit" of your characters in a direct line to a location. The game registers your character being at the point of your "spirit" instead of it's current location. You can keep pressing the hotkey for the ability to remain channeling the ability, while your minions will flock to your "spirit" as they think it is actually you, letting you aggro your minions into tough bossfights or hard-to-get-into rooms.
That's not because of Charged Dash, but because the majority of minions can be directed by attacking into the direction you want them to be.
This works with any skill, even the default attack.

Should be something you notice after over 40 summoner builds, no?
Builds and Guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198879
Last edited by SHEPUUURD on Mar 22, 2018, 10:36:28 PM
"
SHEPUUURD wrote:
"
Acaste7 wrote:
Charged Dash is an ability that propels a "spirit" of your characters in a direct line to a location. The game registers your character being at the point of your "spirit" instead of it's current location. You can keep pressing the hotkey for the ability to remain channeling the ability, while your minions will flock to your "spirit" as they think it is actually you, letting you aggro your minions into tough bossfights or hard-to-get-into rooms.
That's not because of Charged Dash, but because the majority of minions can be directed by attacking into the direction you want them to be.
This works with any skill, even the default attack.

Should be something you notice after over 40 summoner builds, no?

Charged Dash actively doubles their acquisition range by casting the ability at a certain direction (as you explained) + repositioning your character to a different location and it does so without bringing you to harm and outside of most AoE abilities.

"
MystikGalaxy wrote:
what would you prioritize with skill points? like what to get first and by what levels? I've been wanting to do a witch this league but most just spectres focus and thats meh to me. Your build sounds fun and I would be trying it on console so fps is never an issue.

I'd rush to the "Minions regenerate X % of life per second" and minion damage nodes, then it's quite logical from there.

Life > Minion nodes > ES > aura nodes to get 40-45~ ish mana with all 3 auras running. :)

"
Truppensturm wrote:
Is this SSF viable? It says that there are two required uniques, so guessing its not. But looks fun, so curious any way about recommended for SSF or not.

I can see it being quite viable in SSF on Bestiary, since any unique minion item works well with the build.

You probably won't get Scourge or Magna for a while though, might lose you some DPS and couple of minions, but Summoners in general are usually quite great in SSF. :)
Was wondering if you could link your gear in the original post. Also how do you manage to get the necessary str and dex for the items you say are critical?
Build sound great. Always loved playing a Summoner.

Only issue I have is that (I'm new to the game) I can't fit all the things you list in this build, onto the build. Where do so many gems fit? Could you link gear please? Thank you [:
Hey there, I'm newish to the game and I've been following your build. Loving it so far! I'm at 69 and have The Scourge, ready to equip, but my question is, where do you get the dex to equip it and other items that require 113?
Well i gues it will be something like that https://poecraft.com/gemplanner#v11.3I3d1T.0n151B.=3362a16.1D2_1e1f1K1C.3K2N=M2f.011U0c=d.==.==.==

I remove the enduring cry and put minion life and i got a bunch of advantages. First Animate guardian is more durable (more HP). Zombies are more tankier (bigger meat shields) and dark pact on vaal skeletons will do more damage since they have more hp, therefore summoning wolfs will be more often. This is my 1st character on that server so i dont have 100chaoses for the shield. I use matua tupuna and with that setup you get +2 on every gem in there. I suppose on the budget build with elder helmet it will be better to replace the animate guardian with spectres, so all of them can do more dmg, but thats not an option for me, yet. What are you thoughts about The Hungry Loop ring add in this build ? Lets say Charged dash in the socket + Storm Barrier + Fortify + Incr. AoE for further off screen + ?????Maim may be or blind ? Or another idea is to put the Immortal call combo in that ring.
Yea, I'm not understanding the need for Changed Dash mechanic. It's likely because i'm only level 45 and can survive in a pack of monsters mostly. I suspect at higher levels this might be more important.

For now what works awesome is to Put your cursor where you want your skeleton to go and summon one then immediately cast the Dark Pact (curse on hit) chain. Your minions all seem to run to help at that point and the monsters seem to melt like butter after that, and you can generally stay out of harms way.

I ended up getting a Wraithlord Bone Circlet for the head and the Matua Tapuna for a shield which is working out very nicely throwing most of the summoning gems in those 2 things

Most of my resistance issues are taken care of with ..
/edit

Here once was a stupid question...

Answered by myself ;)
Last edited by KCMane on Apr 8, 2018, 10:41:41 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info