[3.6] Triple Herald Blade Vortex Elementalist

Hey, gonna try the build in the race tomorrow, but I have a few questions:

1. We get the heralds in act 2. I assume I should use herald of ash and thunder? Triple herald with 75% reservation is a bit much probably.
2. In Act 3 you can get blasphemy+warlord combo. I feel like the leech is quite vital, should I drop one herald then or is the mana enough? (not enough dmg for leech maybe?).
3. I assume we gonna stick with dual herald + blas/warlord until can get bereks ring or elder ring with warlord on hit? Considering we cant respec ascendancy and I wanna go the impulsa route.
4. Double divinarius seems to be a good starting option until you can get a good rare combo right?
Hi i was wondering when we get warlords blasphemy set up. what herald is best to run with it. and when i get cruel lab. what herald should i add. would it be ash + warlords. then after cruel lab. ash + ice + warlords. or any other way. cheers
"
MMCShiNi wrote:
...Considering we cant respec ascendancy and I wanna go the impulsa route.

in general - you cant respec from picked elementalist to occultist or necro, but "inside" of your class u free to do anything u want.
"
MMCShiNi wrote:

1. We get the heralds in act 2. I assume I should use herald of ash and thunder? Triple herald with 75% reservation is a bit much probably.
2. In Act 3 you can get blasphemy+warlord combo. I feel like the leech is quite vital, should I drop one herald then or is the mana enough? (not enough dmg for leech maybe?).
3. I assume we gonna stick with dual herald + blas/warlord until can get bereks ring or elder ring with warlord on hit? Considering we cant respec ascendancy and I wanna go the impulsa route.
4. Double divinarius seems to be a good starting option until you can get a good rare combo right?

1. Unless it was changed recently, herald of Ash is not available from vendor for witch in act 2. So you won't have a choice but to use ice and thunder.

2. Once you reach Sciosa you should totally start using herald of Ash, it is the most powerful herald of all at this point both in terms of added damage and AoE clearance. I would also pair it with Warlords Mark + blasphemy. Then add one more herald after the second lab.

3. As pointed out above, you can respec within the ascendancy.

4. Yes.
"
HawkEnel wrote:
Hi i was wondering when we get warlords blasphemy set up. what herald is best to run with it. and when i get cruel lab. what herald should i add. would it be ash + warlords. then after cruel lab. ash + ice + warlords. or any other way. cheers

Ash + Warlords is the best combo, yes. The next herald should be chosen based on you strongest element to benefit the most from penetration. My recommendation is hrimsorrow gloves (for 50% cold conversion) and herald of ice. The gloves are very common and should be easily obtainable even early on.
Last edited by DirtyDot on May 3, 2018, 6:06:29 PM
First: grats on being featured in LiftingNerdBro's YouTube video for the race (it brought me here).

Second: enjoying the build thus far - simple, fun, and effective. It's the first build in a while where all the Ascendancy points resonate with me.

Looking forward to playing this more during the race tomorrow; cheers!

So for the leveling tree does it go yellow/green/purple?
"
Blackwarlock wrote:
So for the leveling tree does it go yellow/green/purple?

Yes. Bear in mind that this build is fairly new and I've only leveled one character so far, so take it as a guideline that can be adjusted to your needs as you eventually get a grasp on this build.
Hi, build looks great, gonna try it today in the Flashback league.

One thing that bothers me is that since our main skill is so Dex dependent and as a Witch we are more intelligence focused, it seems hard to get the required Dex to level Blade Vortex.

Should we be aiming to get Dex on all pieces of gear? Did you really feel the need to be worried about Dex when you leveled your char?

Thanks
zzz
"
lazycalm2 wrote:
Hi, build looks great, gonna try it today in the Flashback league.

One thing that bothers me is that since our main skill is so Dex dependent and as a Witch we are more intelligence focused, it seems hard to get the required Dex to level Blade Vortex.

Should we be aiming to get Dex on all pieces of gear? Did you really feel the need to be worried about Dex when you leveled your char?

Thanks

Not on all pieces of gear, no, thanks to the Starkonja's helmet which grants up to 70 dex. Dexterity could indeed be a problem early on, so it makes sense to use a jade amulet and temporarily allocate two +30 nodes alongside the main build path (Alacrity and Agility or perhaps Precision if +20 dex is enough). Eventually we will need 155 dexterity for the level 20 blade vortex gem; there is 74 dex on the final tree and once you get Starkonja's you will only need a small dex roll on just one of the remaining gear pieces to get to 155.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info