[DEAD] FunRoom's Ignite Elemental Hit [All Contents*]

edit: so something is still off in the way Elemental Hit gets bonus damage from avatar as well as the way the Combat Focus-gems work, but regardles this is really fun to play :D

If anyone doas not like the "anihilation" rom the Pyre ring, u can switch him with Emberwake, u loose a bit of damage, but its a lot smoother :)

still playing around with other items whyle lv-up
Last edited by crimson1234 on Jun 6, 2018, 4:07:02 PM
"
Kwitch wrote:

Thought you should know that prolif still functions with Inpulsa's, the explosion change does transport elemental ailments to nearby enemies within the radius allowed. I've seen several builds that take advantage of that, and played some of them myself to confirm this. That may be important to what you're trying to accomplish.

Yes I actually get a bit too concise on there. The explosion damage would deal damage to nearby enemies, and so it does proc elemental ailments and proliferate. However, due to the monster getting destroyed, the ignite damage from my initial hit would not proliferate instead.

In fact I tested with my build and proved that due to:
1. the proliferated ignite does not kill monsters immediately
2. the proliferation does not include shock

So Inpulsa stopped my EH proliferation and it is not that good.
Right, just fire.
Last edited by FunRoom on Jun 28, 2018, 10:16:16 PM
"
Drekor wrote:

Fireball has an effective base for ignites of 2091.5 at L20 gem WITH the 88% more bonus.

Properly converted (Call of the brotherhood, Cold to fire and AoF) EH has a base for ignites 2586.11 AND it's an attack so it scales with elemental damage with attacks. It also can take advantage of silly things like a super corrupted frostferno(potentially +8 gem levels)

Fireball is actually one of the worst ignite skills... to give you some other examples

Flameblast has a base of 2743
Vaal Flameblast has a base of 4371.75
Explosive Arrow has a base of 3662.5 (is also an attack so better scaling)
Incinerate has a base of 2664.7525 (up to 3633.75 with enchant)

As you can see fireball is the lowest damage out of all of these.

I'm fairly new to PoE (last 4 leagues) and would love to know how these numbers were calculated - I'm currently running fireball with magma orb for clearing and trying to boost my ignite dps.

Also I'm trying to work out if dropping Elemental Overload would result in bigger ignites due to the crit potential (with nodes taken to boost the crit %s ofc).

Any help is greatly appreciated - thanks!
"
Thinklike wrote:

I'm fairly new to PoE (last 4 leagues) and would love to know how these numbers were calculated - I'm currently running fireball with magma orb for clearing and trying to boost my ignite dps.

Also, I'm trying to work out if dropping Elemental Overload would result in bigger ignites due to the crit potential (with nodes taken to boost the crit %s ofc).

I would not suggest you pushing crit chance with your fireball if you want to go with ignite. Critical strikes do not apply to ignites and they would simply deal the same damage as if you didn't. Trying to get both buffed would result in poorer overall dps.

If you want to play fireball ignite with elemental overload, it is better to run an orb of storms-increased critical strike chance in your gear and cast it from time to time. This will constantly activate your elemental overload buff and boosts your fireball damage.

If you want to play fireball crit build, simply try to obtain every critical strike multiplier nodes on the skill tree, and get some of those multipliers on your gears as well(weapons and amulets). By obtaining around 60% crit chance with your fireball skill(usually with crit support gem), you can then equip a diamond flask for more consistent crit rate. Remember not to use elemental overload on this route though.
Right, just fire.
Since your title is "ignite that works" I have to add another spell.

Burning Arrow is insane on Elementalist if done right.
"
FunRoom wrote:
"
Thinklike wrote:

Also, I'm trying to work out if dropping Elemental Overload would result in bigger ignites due to the crit potential (with nodes taken to boost the crit %s ofc).

I would not suggest you pushing crit chance with your fireball if you want to go with ignite. Critical strikes do not apply to ignites and they would simply deal the same damage as if you didn't. Trying to get both buffed would result in poorer overall dps.

If you want to play fireball ignite with elemental overload, it is better to run an orb of storms-increased critical strike chance in your gear and cast it from time to time. This will constantly activate your elemental overload buff and boosts your fireball damage.

If you want to play fireball crit build, simply try to obtain every critical strike multiplier nodes on the skill tree, and get some of those multipliers on your gears as well(weapons and amulets). By obtaining around 60% crit chance with your fireball skill(usually with crit support gem), you can then equip a diamond flask for more consistent crit rate. Remember not to use elemental overload on this route though.

Wow, I swear I've read the wiki page on ignite three times and I still missed a crit hit with the main skill doesn't mean a bigger ignite tick - thank you for setting me straight! I suppose the only value for a crit build is that fireball has a large base hit, but I see why you suggest trying for both would be a dps loss overall. I'm struggling with balancing the tree to make it end-game viable defence wise as it is - currently sitting on 4.7k hp for T4 maps but no MoM or Phasing - it's going well but I have a feeling once I hit T10 I'm going to rip pretty fast.

I'm using Elemental Hit to proc my poets pens, which is why I have Fireball and Magma Orb - the latter is pretty good for proccing Elemental Overload but I will give your suggestion a go - I've seen it mentioned a lot in build guides, so must be for a good reason. I'm also using tri heralds which seems to fit nicely - at least themematically with my current set-up.

My thoughts were that if I can get a lvl 21 fireball gem the base damage from the poets pen bonus would put me at 1369 to 2053 - how would I calculate the effective base for the ignite from this? Thanks again for the reply.
"
Thinklike wrote:

Wow, I swear I've read the wiki page on ignite three times and I still missed a crit hit with the main skill doesn't mean a bigger ignite tick - thank you for setting me straight! I suppose the only value for a crit build is that fireball has a large base hit, but I see why you suggest trying for both would be a dps loss overall. I'm struggling with balancing the tree to make it end-game viable defence wise as it is - currently sitting on 4.7k hp for T4 maps but no MoM or Phasing - it's going well but I have a feeling once I hit T10 I'm going to rip pretty fast.

I'm using Elemental Hit to proc my poets pens, which is why I have Fireball and Magma Orb - the latter is pretty good for proccing Elemental Overload but I will give your suggestion a go - I've seen it mentioned a lot in build guides, so must be for a good reason. I'm also using tri heralds which seems to fit nicely - at least themematically with my current set-up.

My thoughts were that if I can get a lvl 21 fireball gem the base damage from the poets pen bonus would put me at 1369 to 2053 - how would I calculate the effective base for the ignite from this? Thanks again for the reply.

Hmm, I haven't tried going ignite with poets pen before. Since ignite burns for 4 seconds without modifiers, you definitely want the base damage to be high. So you would normally prefer having as many links to the gem as possible. Poet's pen would make your fireball skill a 4L (the +3 is equivalent to an empower support), so you cannot rely on the ignite damage only for your dps.

So here's my suggestion:
1. Use Dyadian Dawn if you really want ignite. This belt would cause the ignite to burn faster, so the ignite dps will increase while you can as well refresh its duration constantly with the high amount of hits with poets pen.
2. Instead of Combustion, use GMP. You should rely on your fireball's hit damage rather than the ignite. So you would want to make sure your fireballs hit the enemies. the low ignite chance is not a big issue since you will hit them 4 times per second, eventually procs the ignite before its duration ends.
3. Try using Elemental Equilibrium. You will have to give up both Avatar of Fire and the heralds, but using a cold version elemental hit, fireball on one pen and arc on the other pen would probably fully utilize the effect of EE and the status ailments. You will need to make sure your gears does not give additional damage to spells(attacks are fine). And then the elemental weakness curse will be charming as well.

It will be something like this:
Elemental Hit - GMP - Curse On Hit - Elemental Weakness
Fireball - GMP - Controlled Destruction (or combustion)
Arc - Controlled Destruction - Lightning penetration
Right, just fire.
Last edited by FunRoom on Jun 9, 2018, 4:14:57 AM
have a POB for this build? leveling one up now, and what gem setup would you suggest when running a 5L and not a 6?
Last edited by supersniz on Jun 9, 2018, 6:31:09 PM
I'm doing ur build its very cool! :D
Last edited by Mishka_Morph on Jun 9, 2018, 10:25:07 PM
how to lv up this char bros? just use quill rain only?
thank you

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info