Merry Christmas!

Did you guys get some goodies?
Censored.
Last bumped on Jan 22, 2019, 12:57:29 PM
Well, I did purchase something for myself though. Does that count?
Nope, but I don't celebrate it anymore anyway. Was gonna work but my dad changed is mind.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Merry Xmas to you too!

I scored a VERY nice leather manbag
LOL

TFW the actual account syncs with your parody of it
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Santa, what's Christmas really about? <3

Merry Christmas guys. We survived, eh?

Last edited by erdelyii on Dec 26, 2018, 9:37:12 AM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
erdelyii wrote:
Santa, what's Christmas really about? <3

Merry Christmas guys. We survived, eh?

I loved every second of it! Capped the day with some Russian Imperial Stout while watching a better-than-it-has-any-right-to-be anime about stage girls (takarazuka) with a good mate.

Now new years, that might be rough. We are hosting this year and our dyson died a few days ago...crap.

Good for you XD

Fan?

"
鬼殺し wrote:

Naw man, fucking vacuum cleaner. My mum and sis got it for me many a moon ago for xmas (which you'd think would be shit but I was delighted -- I LOVE the feel of clean carpet underfoot) but apparently that model's been retired so we had to get a new one. Went to buy it over the phone from Dyson direct since they offered us a discount for 'replacing' the old one. Credit card denied due to Xmas fraud paranoia (which I deeply appreciated in hindsight) and by the time I got back to the bank about it the sale had been cancelled. So we did it on a savings account, but (this saga is lame) soooomehow it all got lost in the system so a vacuum we thought we ordered on the 19th...never got here.

So today it's very likely we're going to say fuck you Dyson and go get one in person.

Point being, I want to vacuum the place before it's inundated with our rag-tag bunch of NYE revellers. Because, yknow. Let's at least pretend we keep the place nice 24/7.

Coincidentally I DO have a bladeless Dyson fan sitting on the PC next to me, a blessing in these humid summer days.

It'll be worth it - vacuuming is a PITA but it produces some great results, especially a new one with good suckage. Good luck with the post Boxing Day madness.

Mm, I was thinking about the heat - it's that time of year, for sure. 35 (95) today, and heavy with it.

The cyclone tail ends have been intense the last few weeks - the rain! Glorious. Did you lose power last week?

A smidge late but: happy holidays y'all. :)

Just got back from Christmas celebrations (yes we have a second Christmas day and yes it's 04:30), had a good time as usual. We were only with nine this year, an all-time low! Among other 'scheduling' issues (private), one of my sisters skipped this year 'cause she gave birth to her lovely baby daughter Elin early that afternoon <3 You go get your rest, M.

Pre-dinner chatting, family-and-then-some dinner, and then a couple hours of opening gifts. Got Steven Wilson's album "4 1/2", socks, and chocolate. Perfectly content. My gifts were also received very well, always a bit of a relief (thanks dad for always being there with Christmas shopping, haha).

Spent another three hours talking with the youngest sister and ex-brother-in-law, discussing family issues, utter nonsense, and neuro-linguistic programming. A wonderful highlight to a good day.
Happy holidays, Vipermagi - sounds like a good day, not least with a new baby in your family :)

"
Charan wrote:
Nah, no power loss. Most of the really bad storms skipped us. There's a reason this area is called God's Country...Well, aside from the astounding arrogance of your average local.

Indeed. Glad to hear it - that shit was cause for some traditional inter-city rivalry glee (we heard the entire city was blacked out) and a great measure more concern.

As to the arrogance, it's like it around here too. Some great people, and a lot who don't understand the timeless strength and appeal of humility.

Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info