D3 Forums are that way --->

Thanks.
Last bumped on Jan 22, 2019, 8:09:18 PM
I don't have a phone to view them on
well you all cheered when hordes of once D3 only players flooded in here, helping this league peak with record breaking numbers and further funding your favorite game.

There is of course going to be some side discussion about the game they left, its just part of the process. Its not a big deal, and for a game forum that spent like 5 years non stop talking about D3 and how much they hated it, i dont see this as much of an issue.

POE is the clear winner in the long run, POE has finally shed its role of playing in the shadow of D2 and its really its own special thing now (maybe this more occurred with delve, but was solidified with betrayals mechanic)

D3 remains stagnant with no word on its successor.

Enjoy it while it lasts, because with this much of D3's playerbase now enjoying POE, D4 is going to have to go right for POE's jugular. Even if it fails many are going to be there rather than here...i know ill be trying it i loved both games.
just for try, for see and for know
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
well you all cheered when hordes of once D3 only players flooded in here.

I didn't. Then again, I didn't do it the first time it happened courtesy of Kripp either. Damn kids desyncing all over my two-act lawn...

But GGG did cheer, both times, and I think how they feel about it probably counts for more than any player's opinion on the matter.

Probably not...but still D3 has been a very constant topic here over the years, to the point of obsession. Its actually nice to see people playing both games without going into full SJW triggered mode and raging out like they use to.

Both games are fun, and theres really no question that POE is the better game now...so egos shouldt be bruised ect....

Ive always enjoyed both games, each was different enough always, i never got the whole "lets act like games are politics" thing. I dont see why a few threads cant exist with some D3 convo...though...granted a few threads had me thinking "nice try blizzard" with the whole "hey lets all go over there" topics.

Why do people even want a D4 when some of the key developers of D2 left before D3 was even being brainstormed?

Besides, they killed off Deckard Cain. Who the hell do we shtay a while and listen to now? Who tells us what we need to transmute into a socketed longsword? How do we know if we found quite a treasure there in that horadric cube?

All we can hope for is if it's a cow alright.
Nope.
<--- They are that way ---
"
well you all cheered when hordes of once D3 only players flooded in here, helping this league peak with record breaking numbers and further funding your favorite game.

There is of course going to be some side discussion about the game they left, its just part of the process. Its not a big deal, and for a game forum that spent like 5 years non stop talking about D3 and how much they hated it, i dont see this as much of an issue.

POE is the clear winner in the long run, POE has finally shed its role of playing in the shadow of D2 and its really its own special thing now (maybe this more occurred with delve, but was solidified with betrayals mechanic)

Enjoy it while it lasts, because with this much of D3's playerbase now enjoying POE, D4 is going to have to go right for POE's jugular. Even if it fails many are going to be there rather than here...i know ill be trying it i loved both games.

Not many people can understand what you're saying, cause they don't know the history of Poe from the first place and how slowly the game was changing to become more and more to the casual side.

You know what they say, its better to be a small dev team with "true" fans rather being a titan with all kinds of fans because you bastardizing your own stuff...why for? for money of course. It's pretty obvious. It's a double edged sword situation, and lately i saw that Poe being sold to Tencent (damn!).

I remember GGG being the niche dev team with less than 10 people, delivering "true" HC content...and now i see a huge mass of hordes from D3 mainly, and because of them Poe has changed a LOT, to be a more casual arpg game for most people, being the 99% content of the game, very easy! Of course this happened cause GGG has the monopoly here.
The damage is already done, no matter if D4 releases, game won't be the same as it used to be before expansions. They already gained the playerbase, but lost the "true-hard" HC game.

It would be nice for them to keep some versions alive to see the new players how much different and hard was the pre-exp era of Poe. Damn i miss those days!
"
PsoLord69 wrote:
"

Not many people can understand what you're saying, cause they don't know the history of Poe from the first place and how slowly the game was changing to become more and more to the casual side.

You know what they say, its better to be a small dev team with "true" fans rather being a titan with all kinds of fans because you bastardizing your own stuff...why for? for money of course. It's pretty obvious. It's a double edged sword situation, and lately i saw that Poe being sold to Tencent (damn!).

I remember GGG being the niche dev team with less than 10 people, delivering "true" HC content...and now i see a huge mass of hordes from D3 mainly, and because of them Poe has changed a LOT, to be a more casual arpg game for most people, being the 99% content of the game, very easy! Of course this happened cause GGG has the monopoly here.
The damage is already done, no matter if D4 releases, game won't be the same as it used to be before expansions. They already gained the playerbase, but lost the "true-hard" HC game.

It would be nice for them to keep some versions alive to see the new players how much different and hard was the pre-exp era of Poe. Damn i miss those days!

Your both absolutely right and wrong at the same time. 100% agree there should be a legacy POE league that resets with the the other leagues, adding variances to how its done, which patch it reverts to ect...or just create a 4-5 act super-hard league (even 10 act) built on the original premise...back when gravicious was insanely hard and normal mobs early on were as hard as high tier mobs today ect.

However, i dont think the game has over casualized itself like you insist. Yeah the campaign has gotten easier, but also much longer, and its difficult to keep shoving new content into the game without balances to early content and have it fit within 3 months.

I LOVE how POE is no longer just a salute to D2 and living in its shadow, it has become its own niche in the ARPG world, doing things that no other ARPG has done before. This game has evolved from "indy-kiwis try to be D2.5" to a "AAA game that defines the ARPG genre" Yeah that path is going to piss off some die hards but the game is much more enjoyable now than it was in the past...it could compete with D3 had D3 kept competing, and since D3 has thrown in the towel until D4...POE is the clear king of ARPG games now.

Yeah i remember even Vaal being so rip hard and taking like 5 mins to take him down, and the white trash mobs having difficulty mods, and their AI "sense" not being that stupid and get triggered only when you're so close..and more and more...

It's just so much content nowadays that it's impossible to balance the entire game, hence it's like the 99% of the game beaten easily.

It's still a way to play a "hard" difficulty of PoE, but only in the private leagues which kinda sucks...

I'm not saying it's not enjoyable or a good arpg game...it's just lost it's "character" and deviated from what it actually was. A true hardcore Arpg for true hardcore fans.. like GGG was saying back then!
I have direction issues. Please point the way in a more friendly way for those of us with disabilities.

AND

DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO MOMMY!!
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info