LA Shadow: Energy Shield vs Life

Current build

Gear:
Spoiler

Stats:
Spoiler

Anger, Wrath, Grace

Single target: Frenzy + WED + Faster Attacks + Mana Leech

Multiple targets: Lightning Arrow + LMP + WED + Increased Critical Strikes + Mana Leech

With 6 frenzy charges:
Frenzy: 10420 DPS
LA: 4432 DPS

So at some point I found myself lying on the ground too much and now I have thoughts to respec my character from life/eva-based to ES/eva-based.

New build

I don't want to use plain ES items, so I don't know can I grab decent amount of ES with ES/eva stuff. I think I will have ~2500 ES with right items.

Energy Shield advantages:
+ free Blood Rage buff
+ chaos immunity
+ autoregen
+ nice looking shadow clothes
+ fresh experience

Life advantages:
+ stun/ailments resists
+ you can fill life using flasks
+ lesser stuff dependence
+ bigger evasion rating
+ acrobatics

Help me to deal with these issues:

1. Energy Shield vs Life. Are there any other clauses I have to know? Now I'm inclining to Energy Shield. Or... ES + Life without taking CI?
2. Travelling to Templar skill area. Yeah, there is 70% increased elemental damage, but my char is based on critical strikes and may be it would more profitable to pick nearly critical chance/multiplier nodes, wouldn't it? I'm going to obtain 6.9% bow and raise LA crit chance to 50%, multiplier to 700%.
3. Static Blows. With almost 40% chance of crit I shock enemies very often and the ailment lasts a lot of time: from 5 to 15 seconds because of x7 crit multiplier. I think this node is for non-crit builds, isn't it?
4. Conduit. I want to share my frenzy charges with party melee marauder. Does it have sufficient range?
5. Vaal Pact + Ghost Reaver. Is it usable against reflect mobs? In common cases I don't need leech, if I low on HP I just run away.

I'll be glad to know your opinion.
IGN: Jagdtiger [Default]
Last edited by LOM on Mar 18, 2013, 11:21:28 AM
energy shield cons
1. need ghost reaver
2. need vaal pact
3. need to stack lots of es% nodes
4. problems with stuns, freeze, shock (if you get chaos innoculation or have lower life)

life cons
1. chaos damage from mobs like alchemist and snake at wharf

the life has more advantages imo, you can also use blood magic gem or blood magic as resourcing that is if you have high amount of regeneration.

the problem with ES is that its really hard to recover your ES without leech and becoming vulnerable to status effects, for this case, I recommend life, especially if you are going to go for a bow, you will have less life due to the fact that you won't have shield on.

also i have to address that full life stuff are more for melee, so I dont really see point of getting Ci or ES if you are bow.

My Craft Logs-thread/359202
Last edited by Galneryus on Mar 18, 2013, 10:26:51 AM
Some interesting calculations on to travel or not to travel to the Templar zone, where one can obtain 70% increased elemental damage with weapons.

Frenzy DPS: 5254
LA DPS: 3503

Put on belt with '27% increased elemental damage with weapons'

Frenzy DPS: 5957 (~ +13%)
LA DPS: 3838 (~ +10%)

Put it off. Got '15% increased critical chance' passive.

Frenzy DPS: 5359 (~ +2%, keep in mind that i have high local crit bow)
LA DPS: 3564 (~ +2%)

So 70% elemental damage should give 34% DPS for Frenzy and 26% DPS for LA (for my build and my gear). It is equivalent to ~200-220% increased critical chance. Travelling to the Templar zone is worth 20 passive points for my build now. Those 20 points include +140 intelligence, +10% resists and offer me a simple way to obtain Inner Force, Body and Soul (Templar's +20% ES, +10% resists).

That intelligence and Body and Soul might be interested for ES build, but isn't as useful for life build.

In general, I don't want to stretch my passive tree, I prefer shaking screen. But if I decide to respec my char to CI-build, I likely select Templar zone skills.
"
LOM wrote:
Some interesting calculations on to travel or not to travel to the Templar zone, where one can obtain 70% increased elemental damage with weapons.

Frenzy DPS: 5254
LA DPS: 3503

Put on belt with '27% increased elemental damage with weapons'

Frenzy DPS: 5957 (~ +13%)
LA DPS: 3838 (~ +10%)

Put it off. Got '15% increased critical chance' passive.

Frenzy DPS: 5359 (~ +2%, keep in mind that i have high local crit bow)
LA DPS: 3564 (~ +2%)

So 70% elemental damage should give 34% DPS for Frenzy and 26% DPS for LA (for my build and my gear). It is equivalent to ~200-220% increased critical chance. Travelling to the Templar zone is worth 20 passive points for my build now. Those 20 points include +140 intelligence, +10% resists and offer me a simple way to obtain Inner Force, Body and Soul (Templar's +20% ES, +10% resists).

That intelligence and Body and Soul might be interested for ES build, but isn't as useful for life build.

In general, I don't want to stretch my passive tree, I prefer shaking screen. But if I decide to respec my char to CI-build, I likely select Templar zone skills.

for lightning arrow, are you planning to use lesser multiple projectile and chain?
Frenzy is good skill and all but personally i prefer elemental hit, but my build is quite different from yours since im EB.

i dunno why your life is too low though, im pretty sure you will get killed with few hits, you should try to get at least 3k-4k health, or you are asking for death wish at map runs (which is needed after level 75 to level)

Last edited by Galneryus on Mar 18, 2013, 9:20:19 PM
"
Galneryus wrote:

for lightning arrow, are you planning to use lesser multiple projectile and chain?

I haven't decided yet. I would like to do without Chain.

"
Galneryus wrote:

Frenzy is good skill and all but personally i prefer elemental hit, but my build is quite different from yours since im EB.

My idea for frenzy is high attack speed with a lot of plain damage on rings/amulet/quiver.

"
Galneryus wrote:

i dunno why your life is too low though, im pretty sure you will get killed with few hits, you should try to get at least 3k-4k health,

I have 2100 HP now with high HP rolls on hat, chest, gloves and boots. 3-4k is impossible, except I spend 5-6 more points on life nodes and replace my DPS jewelry/quiver with +life ones.

"
Galneryus wrote:

or you are asking for death wish at map runs (which is needed after level 75 to level)

That snake at Warf. It oneshotted me 2-3 times offscreen when I had -30% chaos and 1700 HP. Charging enemies oneshot me in 50% cases (why evasion doesn't work against them, why?)
Last edited by LOM on Mar 18, 2013, 9:41:53 PM
"
LOM wrote:
"
Galneryus wrote:

I haven't decided yet. I would like to do without Chain.

"
Galneryus wrote:

My idea for frenzy is high attack speed with a lot of plain damage on rings/amulet/quiver.

"
Galneryus wrote:

i dunno why your life is too low though, im pretty sure you will get killed with few hits, you should try to get at least 3k-4k health,

I have 2100 HP now with high HP rolls on hat, chest, gloves and boots. 3-4k is impossible, except I spend 5-6 more points on life nodes and replace my DPS jewelry/quiver with +life ones.

"
Galneryus wrote:

or you are asking for death wish at map runs (which is needed after level 75 to level)

That snake at Warf. It oneshotted me 2-3 times offscreen when I had -30% chaos and 1700 HP. Charging enemies oneshot me in 50% cases (why evasion doesn't work against them, why?)

The lightning arrow without static blow, chain or LMP is basically not worth your time, go with split arrow in this case, with chain, lightning arrow= aoe.

for high attack speed= just use thicket bow and run haste aura.

2100 HP is not good, i would remake the character if you do not have at least 3.5k life.

The snake at wharf isn't that hard if you use totem, I dont get 1 shotted by it, though my chaos resist is -60 but that is prolly because I have high life and life regeneration to combat the chaos damage.

I think the game is bit fucked up that it is based around life, since if you get 1 shotted= exp loss= you lost exp to 3 maps (that is assuming you are level 75-78, I am level 77 right now and when I die that is 3 map worth of exp gone= 1 gcp amount of loss. considering if the maps are 1 chaos a piece.)
Last edited by Galneryus on Mar 19, 2013, 3:54:37 PM
"
Galneryus wrote:

The lightning arrow without static blow, chain or LMP is basically not worth your time, go with split arrow in this case, with chain, lightning arrow= aoe.

Of course I use LMP. Static blow gives you 20% chance and I doubt that it is worth so much skillpoints cosidering my crit chance is ~40% and it will grow up. Now I clear maps pretty fast, but have a problem with damage stability. Sometimes I kill rare monster faster than normal, because of accuracy roll, lightning damage roll, crit roll.

"
Galneryus wrote:

I use thicket, but Haste is too expensive for me.

"
Galneryus wrote:

2100 HP is not good, i would remake the character if you do not have at least 3.5k life.

I rearranged some items and now I have 2600 HP with same DPS. My survavibility increased significantly. But even with 2600 HP flasks aren't help much, so I can cross out this advantage from my list.

"
Galneryus wrote:

The snake at wharf isn't that hard if you use totem, I dont get 1 shotted by it, though my chaos resist is -60 but that is prolly because I have high life and life regeneration to combat the chaos damage.

Yeah, totem is really a great skill. I feel for melee who doesn't have similar.
"
LOM wrote:
"
Galneryus wrote:

Of course I use LMP. Static blow gives you 20% chance and I doubt that it is worth so much skillpoints cosidering my crit chance is ~40% and it will grow up. Now I clear maps pretty fast, but have a problem with damage stability. Sometimes I kill rare monster faster than normal, because of accuracy roll, lightning damage roll, crit roll.

"
Galneryus wrote:

I use thicket, but Haste is too expensive for me.

"
Galneryus wrote:

I rearranged some items and now I have 2600 HP with same DPS. My survavibility increased significantly. But even with 2600 HP flasks aren't help much, so I can cross out this advantage from my list.

"
Galneryus wrote:

Yeah, totem is really a great skill. I feel for melee who doesn't have similar.

try out static blow with lightning arrow, chain, LMP, the reason why people like that convo is because it is highly destructive, the dps might be like 300 but you will be able to clear mobs of docks with 1 or 2 hits with that combo, that is how strong it is, lightning arrow is used to shock the enemy, without shock and shock waves (with chain) it is crappier than split arrow with chain.

I made LA Shadow once, leveled it up to 71, did some maps, quit and deleted it....

If your doing CI, just so you know, life on hit dose not work with CI, only Life leech.

Worst fucking class to start for LA build.

Then I made Marauder LA, With exactually the same gear, I move it over from Shadow to Marauder.

I do 10 Times the damage I ever did with Shadow and that was with 6 Frenzy Charges like you., like WTF...

Catalyze + static + iron grip with 300 str, 4000+ HP, its just too big of a damage boost, you can never get it that high as Shadow.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAMwB3AJxA9sEswUtDH0QfxRNFx0ZLho4G_odFCXfJ-0pTzIJMn4yiTrhPC0_J0CgR35QUFRJVcZX4lhjWfNfP1-qYEthIWVNZp5nvWz2bmluqnKpc-F07XfleA16uHrvfNmCm4LkhNmE74jxjM-Nfo9GkBGQVZstm4OboaIApBmmV6cIp4SpbqvFrKquk7Xytz63triTud2-ir6nwA_AGsS4xPbGnsauxtjNmM9l0NDSTdSP1fja3d7G4urnUudj6mLsOO5v7w7vTvIv8kXz3fZI94j6sfrS_go=

Last edited by Killia on Mar 20, 2013, 8:37:01 PM
"
Killia wrote:
I made LA Shadow once, leveled it up to 71, did some maps, quit and deleted it....

If your doing CI, just so you know, life on hit dose not work with CI, only Life leech.

Worst fucking class to start for LA build.

Then I made Marauder LA, With exactually the same gear, I move it over from Shadow to Marauder.

I do 10 Times the damage I ever did with Shadow and that was with 6 Frenzy Charges like you., like WTF...

Catalyze + static + iron grip with 300 str, 4000+ HP, its just too big of a damage boost, you can never get it that high as Shadow.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAMwB3AJxA9sEswUtDH0QfxRNFx0ZLho4G_odFCXfJ-0pTzIJMn4yiTrhPC0_J0CgR35QUFRJVcZX4lhjWfNfP1-qYEthIWVNZp5nvWz2bmluqnKpc-F07XfleA16uHrvfNmCm4LkhNmE74jxjM-Nfo9GkBGQVZstm4OboaIApBmmV6cIp4SpbqvFrKquk7Xytz63triTud2-ir6nwA_AGsS4xPbGnsauxtjNmM9l0NDSTdSP1fja3d7G4urnUudj6mLsOO5v7w7vTvIv8kXz3fZI94j6sfrS_go=

you can still use vaal pact+life leech+ghost reaver to get the same effect as life gain on hit, but the problem with ci/bow is that it is double gear dependent.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info