No death information is ruining my experience

Dying a lot. I'm a new player, only 1 month. Trying to learn mechanics etc but how am I supposed to know where the holes are in my build if I am dying and the game does not tell me what killed me in terms of damage type etc etc??

So I guess I should just follow one of those builds huh and trample the content until hit another wall and if I get one shot I guess I don't have enough health do I?

And yes, having a log to parse so I can see damage outpout etc would help but I guess all we can rely on is third party stuff?
Last bumped on Sep 20, 2021, 9:24:39 PM
i can already tell you what you're dying to :

everything.

your build has no elemental resistances and not nearly enough life (from your gear OR passive tree)

take the neck, the kraken loop diamond ring, and immediately replace them for items with 60+ life and a bunch of resists.

Arc is not an attack, it is a SPELL. anything that adds damage, but doesnt say 'to spells', is worthless for you. Additionally, spells (arc included) do not use accuracy, so the craft on your half decent diamond ring is wasted too.
Last edited by Thror2k5 on Sep 18, 2021, 7:56:53 PM
"
Cha0s_FU wrote:

So I guess I should just follow one of those builds huh and trample the content until hit another wall and if I get one shot I guess I don't have enough health do I?

Thror gave you solid advice on your character. To answer the other parts, I will say

-Even if you improve a lot, yes you will be VERY underpowered compared to the current meta builds. Totem Forbidden Rite is the strongest, followed by any of the shield skills right now.

-You always want 75 to all resists (except chaos), and 4k life minimum for maps, (unless you are doing something like mind over matter and focusing on mana).

-However, even with that, you will not be tanky at all. The best way to not die all the time is to practice your movement. Always be moving, never stand still for more than a second or two. For many bosses, simply circling them constantly will help more than doubling your hp.

-Self cast skills like Arc are at a disadvantage then because you have to stop to cast. Totems, minions, instant spells that do damage over time (Essence Drain, Bleed attacks, ignite attacks or spells) have a distinct advantage

-Decoy totem is VERY underrated vs bosses (but not great for clearing non-bosses)
"
trixxar wrote:

-Decoy totem is VERY underrated vs bosses (but not great for clearing non-bosses)

My BFF for leveling!
"
Cha0s_FU wrote:
Dying a lot. I'm a new player, only 1 month. Trying to learn mechanics etc but how am I supposed to know where the holes are in my build if I am dying and the game does not tell me what killed me in terms of damage type etc etc??

And yes, having a log to parse so I can see damage outpout etc would help but I guess all we can rely on is third party stuff?

One month is nothing, it's not even scratching surface unless you are ready to do some research, which clearly you are not.

Defense before offense.
Stats are lackluster, you should read what's a spell and what's an attack, what passives affect each of the two.
PoE might lack a ''death log'' but it has more knowladgebases around the internet than most aRPGs put together, only difference is, you have to be willing to learn (read/research)
No rest for the wicked.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info