Help with summons.

So I've spent the last hour searching Google with no luck. My summons are just bad. The ai is just god awful now and they didn't used to be. I remember when I stopped a few leagues ago the ai was more or less fine. Now? No matter what I do they just stand there until I'm right in the enemy's face. This is very bad. I vaguely remember casting skellies and my zombies and spectres would go where I casted them, no? They dont follow skellies. They dont follow totems. They dont follow spells (arc for example) they just sit there. Its very dangerous needing to run into melee for them to attack and half the time when I run back out of melee they stop attacking and follow me! What the eff happened to summons?
Last edited by Hexenite on Sep 19, 2021, 6:21:10 PM
Last bumped on Sep 19, 2021, 8:55:11 PM
You are using Meat Shield Support, which makes your zombies defensive. If you want them to be aggressive and leave your side to attack enemies, use Feeding Frenzy instead.
Your Expedition League character Hexenite is using Meat Shield Support which, as noted by the tooltip, makes minions' AI more defensive in nature.

Your Standard League character Meigen used Feeding Frenzy Support which, again as noted by the support gem's tooltip, makes minions aggressive.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
Ah haha, yeah that will do it. I completely looked over that. I suppose that's what a severe lack of sleep, (and reading apparently) will do for you. Been some time since I've played so there's a lot I've forgotten. Still doesn't explain why my spectres are doing it as well. Hm, I dont know, I'll mess with it a bit more.

Thanks for clearing that bit up though! I'd likely never remembered.
Last edited by Hexenite on Sep 19, 2021, 7:52:08 PM
On the flip side you can use Feeding Frenzy which will make them more aggressive than you are used to. If not linked to you main damage minions, it is very good linked to supporting minions since it grants a global minion buff.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info