Requesting build advice: Elemental Hit Totem Wander

I've been working on an Elemental Hit totem build using Piscator's Vigil and Chains of Emancipation, but I'd like some input and suggestions before I proceed with it:

https://poe.ninja/pob/6H2

* Chains of Emancipation is the key item, it grants a big DPS boost and curse immunity, for the cost of a Warding suffix on a flask, and it's cheap enough that getting the Determination corruption should be no problem. I tried designing a variation of the build using Arn's Anguish, but the damage was worse, and I'd have to put points into the Asylum cluster and Yugul for curse immunity, plus find a way to generate endurance charges.
* Champion ascendancy gives aura effect and damage, but most importantly it makes my totems taunt so that rares and bosses attack them instead of me, my main defensive layer.
* Chieftain grants leech from totems, which will be my main life recovery, and easy ash.
* Hierophant (from the Forbidden jewels) grants... +1 totem, and a bit of eHP from MoM, although I'm worried about running out of mana. If I can get Chieftain on my Forbidden jewels, I might take Deadeye instead; the DPS looks about the same, and the dex would help with gearing.
* I designed this as a budget build, and I think my gear is pretty reasonable; no double-corrupt Frostferno (although I'd like to upgrade to either +2/+1 power charge or a relevant enchantment at some point), no +2 gems amulet, no level 4 Enlighten, the lowest-level eldritch implicits, and I don't even need a 6-link. Based on the market this league, either Chieftain or Hierophant Forbidden jewels should be about 6 ex for a set. The cluster jewels shouldn't be too hard to get based on my experiments with the Craftofexile simulator. My biggest concern is getting 100% spell suppression just from gear, but I'm hoping essences and eldritch crafting help with that.

My concerns are:

* I only have 3.6k actual Life despite taking several life clusters and life on all my rares. I think my defensive layers are sufficient, but is there more life I could get somehow without compromising damage too much?
* I think I've avoided PoB warrior syndrome. I have about 40k eHP even with my flasks and Molten Shell down. Storm Brand generates mana flask charges with Sniper's Mark, so I can refill my Rage even in boss fights. My only source of frenzy charges is Charged Traps on Flamethrower Trap, but I took the 100% duration mastery, so I think sustaining three frenzies is feasible. I'm assuming about 40% uptime on Brittle from block, so that's what I coded into the shield. Am I missing any major pitfalls?
* What upgrades should I make if I have the budget? Obviously I'd love to have a +2/+2 Frostferno, a Watcher's Eye with a second relevant modifier, and maybe Ashes or Omniscience, but is there anything else I should consider, or should I just put my currency into a better build?
Last bumped on May 10, 2022, 7:11:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info