"You are logging in from a new location. Please re-enter your password." message every day

I get "You are logging in from a new location. Please re-enter your password." message every time(or maybe every day) i log in POE. Looks like it started after i switched between two different internet providers a few times(becаuse of technical issues). Now internet provider always the same, it is the one that was before. But every day i need to re-enter a password. What should i do to fix that? thank you
Last bumped on Aug 10, 2023, 2:32:28 AM
Hi PathOfStarLord! I've sent you a private message about this.
Need help with anything? Feel free to contact us via support@grindinggear.com :)
It dose not hinge on the internet provider being the same it's just the type of IP allocation they decide to run with, in the UK for instance most providers are using static IP addresses which means i don't get that sort of problem BUT other ISP's use a dynamic IP address which means that at least every 24 hours (or if you reset your router) the ip address is changed.

The only things you can do to avoid this is to switch to steam (also has a time played counter and other payment methods)

You could contact your ISP and see if they can't give you a static IP address (unlikely but you can ask)

Or you can email GGG and ask them to disable the security feature and remove the IP lock, at which point you'll need to go through some security stuff with them before they go ahead with it, this also means you'll have no real security past your password on the account so it's not really recommended
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info