[3.22] [Necro]Volatile Dead - CwC - Cyclone [Work in progress]

This was my favorite build back in 3.19, it use those two builds.https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3286425
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3057305

Like I said, its work in progress and I will update the POB as much as possible.

its work in progress and I worte all my findings in notes on my POB:
https://pastebin.com/K6ruNuW0

A lot has been taken from orginal @De_CODEBLACK post.

Pros and Cons
its two button press build so not for everyone.

+ Fun to play.
+ Good clear speed.
+ Kills while moving.
+ Big boom boom.
+ Move through enemies.

- Medium boss killer(you need to move around a lot, cant just tank everything.)
- You will have hard time with some rares but nothing to worry.
- You might encounter some fps drops.

Gear

Weapon Choice
The best choice in my opinion is Martyr of Innocence Highborn Staff(drops anywhere or use orb of chance on base)

Or The Annihilating Light but only works effectively with Mageblood Heavy Belt and a Bismult Flask. With this staff, the added resistances are only 40% effective.
For example: 10 resistance = 4 resistance /=/ 60% reduced.
No recommendation from me! (unless they changed it and I didnt knew)

Or you can of course use a Rare Staff with for example:
#% increased Fire Damage
Adds # to # Fire Damage to Spells
# to Level of all Fire Spell Skill Gems
#% increased Burning Damage.

Body Armour
Ideally with the following prefix:
+# to maximum Life
+# to maximum Energy Shield
+# to Armour
and as suffix
+# to Strengh
+# to Intelligence
+#% to ... Resistance if you need them

Helmet Choice
This one is up to you our best in slot drops from Sirus, Awakener of Worlds so you either use trade or wait till mapping.

Crown of the Inward Eye Prophet Crown is the best choice and will be even better with +2 to Level of Socketed Aura Gems corruption and 40% increased Volatile Dead Damage enchant.

Boots Choice
The Stampede Assassin's Boots are a very good choice. While using these boots, your movement speed is 150% of the base value and cannot be increased or decreased, which includes negating the decreased move speed while using Cyclone.
Again, late game maps, to be specific Blight encounters, such as Blighted maps

Gloves Choice
Use a Rare Gloves, ideally with the following prefix
+# to maximum Life
+# to Armour
and as suffix
+# to Strengh
+# to Intelligence
+#% to ... Resistance if you need them

Ring choice
Again, our best in slot is Gifts from Above Diamond Ring which drops anywhere
The other should be a Rare Ring, ideally with the following prefix
+# to maximum Life
+# to maximum Mana
and as suffix
+# to Strengh
+#% to ... Resistance as much as you need them

Belt Choice
Our best in slot is Coward's Legacy Chain Belt which is really expesive but use it only when you have Watcher's Eye Prismatic Jewel
Other than that use base of said above belt and upgrade.

Amulet Choice
Astramentis Onyx(which used to drop in two specific areas, not drops anywhere) is very useful for us as we gather as much Strength and Intelligence as possible.

Gem Links

Cyclone + Awakened Cast While Channeling Support + Desecrate + Anomalous Volatile Dead + Awakened Spell Cascade Support + Increased Critical Strikes Support.

Riposte + Culling Strike Support + Life Gain on Hit Support + Awakened Hextouch Support + Divergent Flammability.

Vortex + Culling Strike Support + Arcane Surge Support (11) + Power Charge On Critical Support.

Cast when Damage Taken Support(6) + Wave of Conviction(10) + Molten Shell(13).

Discipline + Defiance Banner + Anomalous Anger + Enlighten Support(at least level 3).

Flame Dash and Herald of Ash are played unlinked

Jewels

This build get expesive when you go into end game as we need few jewels:

If you decided to use Coward's Legacy Chain Belt you need
Watcher's Eye Prismatic Jewel with Unaffected by Vulnerability while affected by Determination. Also good is #% increased Fire Damage while affected by Anger and Damage Penetrates #% Fire Resistance while affected by Anger.

To run To run Elemental Reflection maps you need a Forbidden Flame Crimson Jewel and a Forbidden Flesh Cobalt Jewel, both with Allocates Bastion of Elements.

Unnatural Instinct Viridian Jewel is good over all for us.

Kitava's Teachings Small Cluster Jewel is the cheapest by far and gives us:
Every second, Consume a nearby Corpse to Recover 5% of Life and Mana
10% more Damage taken if you haven't Consumed a Corpse Recently.

Labs

More info about labs are in POB also if you want to find out what type of labs you are going to encounter follow this link : POELABS

Leveling

There is simple yet details leveling guide in my POB (mind you I am a noob when it comes to level so, its my own experiance with the build, dont be # on me).

THE PANTHEON

If your Awakened Cast While Channeling Support is not yet level 5, I recommend as Major Panteon:

Soul of the Brine King

You cannot be Stunned if you've been Stunned or Blocked a Stunning Hit in the past 2 seconds

Capture Shock and Horror in Mineral Pools Map
30% increased Stun and Block Recovery

Capture Puruna, the Challenger in Atoll Map
Cannot be Frozen

Capture Captain Tanner Lightfoot in Coral Ruins Map
50% reduced Effect of Chill on you

If your Awakened Cast While Channeling Support is level 5, I recommend as Major Panteon:
Soul of Lunaris

1% additional Physical Damage Reduction for each
nearby Enemy, up to 8%
1% increased Movement Speed for each
nearby Enemy, up to 8%

Capture Tunneltrap in Mud Geyser Map
10% chance to avoid Projectiles

Capture Herald of Thunder in Arcade Map
6% reduced Elemental Damage taken if you have been Hit Recently

Capture The Sanguine Siren in Crimson Temple Map
Avoid Projectiles that have Chained

For the Minor Pantheon I chose:
Soul of Abberath

60% less Duration of Ignite on You

Capture Mephod, the Earth Scorcher in Summit Map
Unaffected by Burning Ground
10% increased Movement Speed while on Burning Ground

Or
Soul of Ralakesh
Soul of Shakari

ANOINTMENTS

Amulet with Utmost Might This Anointment cost you 1 Amber Oil, 1 Azure Oil and 1 Crimson Oil.
Utmost Might

+40 to Strength
8% increased Strength

Boots withSafeguard This Anointment cost you 1 Verdant Oil, 1 Azure Oil and 1 Black Oil.
Safeguard

+6% chance to Block Spell Damage while holding a Staff or Shield
Recover 50 Energy Shield when you Block Spell Damage
+8% to all Elemental Resistances

Rings with Scout Towers That will cost you 1 Teal Oil and 1 Violet Oil
Scout Towers

Your Scout Towers have 25% increased Range

Bandits
Kill them all +2 passive skill points

if you have any questions feel free to post them here, I will do my best to answer them. This is not finished build, so take it with grain of salt, happy slaying Exiles.

*Edits
03/09/2023 - New POB https://pastebin.com/K6ruNuW0 with hopefully end gear for maps, read notes, items updated.
Last edited by dario8961 on Sep 3, 2023, 11:23:39 AM
Last bumped on Dec 13, 2023, 8:49:53 AM
Can you link items and skills so their tooltips on the site?
not sure how much you wanna put into this guide, but its readability while at work and such is not great unless you.. dont need the guide in the first place.
if you could tell me how do it,I gladaly do it, I want to make this a good first/ish guide, like i said, i am new to posting stuff like this so any help would be amazing, ta ta
You can easily make Annihilating Light work with either a Omni amulet, or using all 3 purities with a cluster setup for less reservation. Mageblood is definitely not neccessary for that staff.
Excuse me, your magic reserve can not open the Herald of Ash, so do you close the Discipline and open the Herald of Ash when brushing?
https://pobb.in/XduyxOUpyTAd
I'm sorry to bother you. After completing the configuration of POB, I found that I could not brush the picture of T16 normally and felt that the damage was low. This is my POB, could you please help me to see what went wrong
"
LeoChen521 wrote:
Excuse me, your magic reserve can not open the Herald of Ash, so do you close the Discipline and open the Herald of Ash when brushing?

I am running all of them with 231/1331 mana left for Cyclone and VD around 1100 mana is reserved. I am not running Coward legacy and Watcher's Eye Prismatic Jewel cus I do not see a point tbh. you also want awakaned enlighten.

You need more mana in your items becuase as you can see, compering both images from POB.

"
LeoChen521 wrote:
https://pobb.in/XduyxOUpyTAd
I'm sorry to bother you. After completing the configuration of POB, I found that I could not brush the picture of T16 normally and felt that the damage was low. This is my POB, could you please help me to see what went wrong

I have no problems running t16 maps at all tbh, only problem this build have is bosses tbh. Run two Jewls which are Fobriddden flesh and Fobridden flame to get your primal aegis, anger and herald of ash should give you enough dmg also remember to level your gems and use vortex a lot as supportive skill gem, try to stay as close to items preixi.
update for 3.23 ?
SHOP : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/682434
I haven't personally work on it yet but Mithras did some work on this templar.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3057305/page/39 you can check it out here.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info