3.23 Vowels CI Auto Exploding Spectres!

"
Vowels wrote:
Welcome to my very first guide!

INTRODUCTION

So I started brainstorming an exploding AG build last league... which was a terrible idea. Sure that sounds fun but having to resummon him via his crafted chest was not practical. So I scrapped that project.

Then these beautiful Perfect Dark Marionettes came into my life. They are exactly what I was trying to accomplish and then some!

Due to POB not having all the information I do not exact numbers. But I would guess this is doing around 5-10 million dps in its current state. It is hard to tell however I can down Black Star in about 25 seconds. *shrug*

VIDEO

Alch'd Black Star in under a minute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kaf9nL8I1zw

OVERVIEW

Pros:

+ You get max block on trigger which is all the time.
+ fairly tanky with the aegis and armour.
+ 1k+ life or energy shield regeneration
+ Ability to easily have 75/75 block due to league mechanics
+ Your spectres can't die! Well, they do die... but they keep coming back!
+ You have some permanent zombies and golems to help keep you safe and apply feeding frenzy!

Cons:

- It isn't the fastest or most damaging
- You will constantly hear the spectres explode in your hideout.

POB

Witch

My Current build: CI Version with unknown dps, I run Abyss T11's with it.

Original life based build.Functioning POB build (it is still a work in progress but basically just damage scaling at this point)

My Current build: CI Version with DPS around 4-8million, it does t16s just fine though.. https://pobb.in/Fy6PdsyC6Cyn
Please note that I have 4 spectres but only inputted 3 in POB to try and better represent the real DPS.

Ascendancy Points: Pretty standard Necro tree.
Commander of Darkness
Mistress of Sacrifice
Mindless Aggression
Bone Barrier

Bandits:Kill all

SKILL TREE EXPLANATION

By stacking increased offering charms and tree notables, bone offering almost block caps you on its own!

I also use Fortress Convent to increase the damage the Dark Marionettes take so they pop faster. Keep in mind that your zombies and golems will also receive increased damage. I haven't had to resummon them often unless a Soul Eater takes one out.

I also use the charms related to profane bloom to give my minions around a 20% chance to explode an enemy. It helps for clear and rare mobs.

The clusters are pretty typical increase Minion life and Damage nodes to scale the explosion and ignite.

SCREENSHOTS

SKILL DPS

We don't do damage, our minions do it for us!

DEFENSE

Our defense is using a buffed Bone offering to give us 75/75 block.
We also use vitality and super buffed stone golem for massive regeneration.
The chaos golem gives us a ton of physical mitigation as well.

I later on used the jewel Energized armour to beef up the ES I gain back on block via Aegis Aura.

A group of zombies and a taunt notable is helpful too!

LEVELING

You certainly could level with these as soon as you get spectre and minion instability. The imperfect versions are commonly sold in the affliction vendor.

THE END

Last edited by aeiouy87 on Jan 3, 2024, 11:52:58 AM
Last bumped on Jan 3, 2024, 11:49:50 AM
I think the PoB dps calculation isn't accurate. For a single spectre, it's taking the average explosion damage and multiplying it by the hit rate, which in this case is cast speed. However, cast speed doesn't actually have a factor in the true dps. Really, it should be the the average explosion damage divided by the time it takes for the spectre to spawn and die. In my tests, this is usually several seconds.

I know it's been a while, but have you still been playing this build? I'd love to hear how it's been going.
Last edited by JeSuisGrand323 on Dec 25, 2023, 1:30:06 AM
"
I think the PoB dps calculation isn't accurate. For a single spectre, it's taking the average explosion damage and multiplying it by the hit rate, which in this case is cast speed. However, cast speed doesn't actually have a factor in the true dps. Really, it should be the the average explosion damage divided by the time it takes for the spectre to spawn and die. In my tests, this is usually several seconds.

I know it's been a while, but have you still been playing this build? I'd love to hear how it's been going.

I agree the dps calc is off. I can't seem to estimate it right. I can say that I have been tweaking it and my current version has CI Aegis(30k-60k armour) with Max block(Bone offering). If am doing T16's and the clear is nice with the explody charms. Single target is a little lacking.

I can update the pob when I'm back from holiday.
Last edited by aeiouy87 on Dec 25, 2023, 12:46:27 PM
"

I just updated my latest POB. I got a +2 wand with good minion damage and a few other small changes. It feels pretty good and Abyss melts my SteamDeck. It does take a minute for the mob density to pop but when it does only the rares remain. I swapped into some magic find gear which took a small amount of ES away but gave me 150-200+ rarity.

I enjoy it even if its not the best way to spend currency.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info