Hardware upgrade

Hello guys :) ! I have decided to gift myself a system upgrade for Christmas because my system's performance has been getting gradually worse. My specs are: I5 12400f CPU Zotac 3070 Ti GPU 800W bronze PSU 16GB ram When I'm idle on hideout on 1080p and low settings my fps is capped at 165fps but when i enter a map initially my fps drops to like 40 for the first 10-20 seconds, then stabilises and when I'm in combat, drops to 30-40'-50 depending on the amount of monsters. I tried lowering resolution but it doesn't change much. What should I change? CPU or GPU? Thanks for the advice in advance!
Last bumped on Dec 24, 2023, 4:19:37 AM
"
Hello guys :) ! I have decided to gift myself a system upgrade for Christmas because my system's performance has been getting gradually worse. My specs are: I5 12400f CPU Zotac 3070 Ti GPU 800W bronze PSU 16GB ram When I'm idle on hideout on 1080p and low settings my fps is capped at 165fps but when i enter a map initially my fps drops to like 40 for the first 10-20 seconds, then stabilises and when I'm in combat, drops to 30-40'-50 depending on the amount of monsters. I tried lowering resolution but it doesn't change much. What should I change? CPU or GPU? Thanks for the advice in advance!

Bro don bother in the most biggest thread here aka 3.22 Performance,a guy posted just not too long ago that hes 20k computer is having issues with poe,so like i think poe is just broken at this point.
"

I can help you here. One month ago I replaced mine, was in the same spot as you. Bought this hardware

- Intel® B760 Chipset
- Intel® Core™ i7-13700KF@3.4GHz (30M Cache, up to 5.4GHz, 16 cores)
- NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™4080@16GB GDDR6X
- 1TB M.2 2280 PCIe 4.0 SSD
- 32GB DDR4
- Win11 Pro
- > 800W power supply

The game still lags (using Dx12) but the computer is able to keep stable 100 fps (game settings are just broken, set everything to off and limit the settings from the card driver software, I have capped the fps to 101)

2 weeks ago it was reaching near 100 degrees and today I have been able to play for few hours (yayaw) and the temperature is around 80 degrees. As writing this post, the cpu is at 37 degrees but as soon as you enter a zone in POE fans will start popping up and you will be at minimum 60 degrees.

My only recommendation for you is to invest in liquid cooling and a big wide case to dispel the heat from the graphic card, because that will keep the average temperature lower.

EDIT:

Regardless of that, If you can wait, I'd till mid next year when new series are released :)

If not, it is really a gamble. I think AMDS would work better as the game stands now, but I've always been an Intel guy because I prefer long term performance rather than explosive power.

You don't need a 4080 either. My card is not even at 30% usage in poe.

I am starting maps now, so haven't tried delirium or scarabs.
Last edited by Lonesong on Dec 23, 2023, 2:36:13 PM
change cpu

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info