[3.23] Offering Stacker CoC Ice Nova Elementalist: Mapping, Delve, Ubers, BOTW Submission

First of all, here is a link to the full video guide if that is the format you prefer: https://youtu.be/W8pke2oHb3I

Here is a link to the path of building, which includes an extra level 74 passive tree for the switch to the CoC setup, which is about the earliest I recommend making the switch: https://pobb.in/cWnAfWcNHjku

Introduction

This build is a strong all-rounder capable of mapping, bossing, delving, or really whatever you want. We take advantage of the new power provided by charms to stack a large amount of offering effect and use the unique belt Leash of Oblation to enable all three offerings simultaneously. Our main damage comes from a CoC Ice Nova of Frostbolts setup with frostbolts being generated by a secondary Manaforged Arrows CoC setup. A third Manaforged CoC setup for corpse generation with Desecrate provides the fuel for all three offerings, which are cast automatically by Asenath's Mark. Several layers of defenses allow comfortable play in a variety of content with sufficient damage to take down uber bosses.

GEARING

Charms and Jewels
I'm starting with Charms and Jewels because they are the cornerstone that supports the rest of the build.

Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

For charms, you will want all three of your charms to provide as much offering effect as possible, with 30% being the maximum roll. This is crucial for hitting maximum block and crit cap. I went with all resistance suffixes on the charms to make gearing more comfortable. There really aren't many great charm suffix options for the build.

For Jewels, you will want to get another 30% offering effect from the new unique jewel That Which Was Taken, which provides four random charm mods, so try to get other mods that are helpful as well. I grabbed some extra pen and exposure. Then you need a Forbidden Flesh/Flame pair to grant you Mistress of Sacrifice from the Necromancer ascendancy so that you offerings can actually affect you. Finally, a Hatred crit Watcher's Eye makes it easy to reach high crit levels with both spells and attacks.

Equipment

For your helmet and belt, you need Asenath's Mark and Leash of Oblation. Asenath's can be used to cast all three offerings automatically as you attack and Leash of Oblation allows you to use all three types of offerings simultaneously. You can also use a corruption to pick up some generic cold leech on Asenath's, which frees up the Eater implicit on your gloves for accuracy or whatever else you may need.

Maloney's Mechanism is the quiver of choice as it provides easy sustain of both frenzy and power charges with a Frenzy - PCOC setup.

Your body armour and boots should both provide as much evasion and resistances as possible with a nice amount of life and spell suppression. The eldritch implicits on these items are very important. You want to get to at least the 4th tier of generic offering effect from the Exarch (20%) on your chest and the same for a specific offering on your boots. You want either spirit offering or flesh offering effect on the boots. Your block will already be capped, so additional bone offering effect is wasted. I recommend going for Grace effect from the Eater on your chest as well, although Hatred would also be acceptable.

Your weapon will be a Shaper bow that is rolled for CoC support using essences of woe for spell damage. If you are unsure how to craft the type of bow shown here, it is quite deterministic and I give a breakdown of the steps in the video guide linked at the top of this post.

Similar to your chest and boots, you gloves should provide life, resistances, suppression, and evasion. I suggest the unnerve implicit from Exarch and then filling in what you need with Eater. In my case, I needed some extra accuracy and I already had cold leech from the corrupted Asenath's.

Your jewelry should provide enough stats to satisfy the requirements of your items/gems in addition to life, with resists and accuracy as needed. Ensure that you grab pieces with open suffixes so that you can tune your mana costs appropriately. You should end up with your main blast rain CoC setup costing 1 mana and your Manaforged setups costing zero mana so that they trigger on every attack (when their cooldown is ready). Also nice to look for crit multi and cold gem levels on your amulet.

Flasks are quite standard with a silver and quicksilver for speed, jade and stibnite for evasion, and a life flask of your choice with bleed removal.

GEM SETUPS

Main CoC Setup

In your Shaper Bow, which provides Cast on Critical Strike, you will want:

Blast Rain - Ice Nova of Frostbolts - Empower - Inspiration - Awakened Added Cold Damage - Awakened Cold Penetration

The additional support gem levels provided by the bow make Empower and Awakened Added Cold excellent options, and although some other gems are still very competitive with Awakened Added Cold in terms of Ice Nova damage, all of that flat damage provides enough for blast rain to fill up our mana leech pool to sustain all the spell spamming. As noted above, you should ideally tune your mana costs using jewelry prefixes such that your blast rain in this setup costs 1 mana.

Frostbolt Generator Setup

In your second six link in your chest, you will want:

Rain of Arrows (Of artillery if you want) - Manaforged Arrows, Cast on Critical Strike - Greater Volley - Frostbolt - Steelskin

This setup will constantly pump out frostbolts to make sure you are getting the maximum number of explosions from Ice Nova. Steelskin provides a nice additional layer of defense. Be sure that the mana cost on this setup is 0 so that it triggers every time you attack with the main setup (if the cooldown is ready).

Corpse Generator Setup

In one of your free four links (glove or boots), you will want:

Blast Rain - Manaforged Arrows, Cast on Critical Strike, Desecrate

This setup will continuously generate corpses that will be consumed by the offerings triggered in Asenath's. Just as with the frostbolt CoC setup, the mana cost here should be zero such that it triggers on every attack (if the cooldown is ready).

Offering Trigger

In your Asenath's Mark helmet, you will want:

Flesh Offering - Bone Offering - Spirit Offering - Increased Duration

Asenath's automatically triggers a socketed spell each time you attack, so this is where we put our offerings to consume the corpses generated by the CoC setup above. The increased duration support is not strictly necessary as you will be spamming the offerings rapidly whenever you are attacking something, but I found that it is nice to have some leeway so that your offerings stay up if there is a gap between packs or you are taking a few seconds to select the next node in delve or whatever.

Auras and Mobility

To fit everything in comfortably, this build wants one unset ring for an extra socket. Your last 5 sockets (1 in an unset ring and 4 in gloves or boots) should be:

Grace
Hatred
Precision
Frostbite
Flame Dash (or another movement skill of your choice)

The auras are quite self-explanatory for this setup and I believe Frostbite is the best choice of curse with its strong resistance reduction and additional freeze duration from quality. Flame Dash is generally my preferred movement option, but you can use something else if you prefer.

Map and Boss Starter Setup

I have a second bow that I put in my weapon swap with:

Desecrate - Tornado - Spell Cascade - Increased Duration, Frenzy - Faster Attacks

With this setup, you can cast desecrate and tornado, then shoot the tornado with the frenzy to fill up your frenzy charges, which will also cause Asenath's to use your offerings on the desecrated corpses. Then you just hit X to swap back to your main setup. This way you don't have to start an encounter "dry" without your offerings and frenzies up.

PASSIVES AND PANTHEON

Passives

First, I will repost the pobb.in link from the top here so you can look at the passive tree: https://pobb.in/cWnAfWcNHjku

Naturally for this sub-forum, we start as a witch and go for the Elementalist ascendancy. The elementalist provides a nice mix of offensive boosts through resistance reduction, generic damage, and shock application. It also provides some nice elemental defense with elemental aegis in addition to reflect immunity.

The tree largely follows the outer path from the witch, past the shadow area, and all the way down into the ranger area, picking up life, power charges and cold bonuses, corpse and offering bonuses, and generic crit and spell crit along the way, in addition to frenzy charges and suppression.

For the wildwood ascendancy, we are of course using the primalist with all of the charm sockets.

Pantheon

The Brine King major god is mandatory for freeze immunity, chain stun immunity, as well as stun duration and chill reduction.

The second choice is up to you, but I prefer Ryslatha with the corresponding upgrade for strong life flask usage and healing reduction on enemies, which is especially helpful when Maven tries healing stuff.

That's it folks! I hope you found this interesting. Gameplay footage can be found at the beginning and end of the video guide linked at the top. Please feel free to ask questions below or in the video comments section!
Last edited by Zambash on Dec 23, 2023, 7:46:39 PM
Last bumped on Dec 23, 2023, 6:55:58 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info