[3.23] Chaos Blade Blast of Unloading (Warlock) | Occultist | 6 Curses | Adrenaline | Blood Magic

(Ahh look who got baited into clicking the thread) Hey guys this is the guide to the Chaos Blade Blast of Unloading build I put together. I wanted a different twist on trying to make this build. I know about phys spell impale (entropic devastation), void battery, Malachai's loop, etc, and I wanted to avoid all that. If it was obvious I wasn't going to use it.

So I decided to try and make this a chaos version, and I would also try to make use of adrenaline, warlock ascendancy, the burden of shadows (new unique staff), and 6 curses.

I like to play toons that can atleast take a hit, so defenses:
- 7.5k hp (3.7k low life)
- Low life + overleech + petrified blood
- Adrenaline
- Block chance
- Grace
- Arctic armor
- Enfeeble + Temp chains + punishment + pacify (warlock curse)

I'm not 100% chaos, but 60% of my phys is converted to chaos. If you didn't already know, in order to use blade blast of unloading you need to first cast blade vortex, and then you can detonate blade blast based on how many rings of blade vortex you still have left. You need a lot of cast speed to make this build feel good. Hence why I incorporated adrenaline. The 25% cast speed is noticable, and the movement speed/10% pdr also help as well. Cast speed from onslaught, adrenaline, staff, 2 frenzy charges, jewel in tree, and unique ring are enough to not lock in place too much.

Curses_Expalained

I make use of 6 curses:
- Temporal Chains
- Punishment
- Enfeeble
- Despair
- Assassin's Mark
- Pacify (warlock)

4 are automated, 2 need to be cast manually (Assassin's mark in boots, Pacify (warlock). You only really need to use pacify/assassin's mark for tougher encounters. I have 7 power charges, and with anathema ring I have access to 7 curses. Temp chains for slow. Enfeeble for dmg reduction, and accuracy reduction which works well with grace. Punishment increases my dmg when enemies reach low life, but if they manage to hit me they become debilitated for 3 seconds (they have 20% less movement speed and deal 10% less dmg). Assassin's mark for more crit chance and multi.

Pacify Curse is a curse from the warlock that states:

Curses all targets in an area, having no effect at first, but causing them to deal no damage once 60% of the curse's duration has expired.
Base duration is 10.00 seconds
Cursed Enemies become Pacified once 60% of Curse Duration has Expired, preventing them from dealing Damage
Curse expiry rate cannot be modified

What this means is that when a monster is cursed with pacify, after 6 seconds they can't deal any damage to you. There will be a big icon on the enemies head visually notifying you that you are immune to their dmg for 4 seconds.

I also took the Foul Pact node, which states:

Enemies Pacified by you take 20% increased Damage

Enemies cursed by pacify take 20% more dmg. So it's a nice defensive and offensive curse in one.

Adrenaline

Adrenaline is a buff that states:

100% increased Damage
25% increased Attack, Cast, and Movement Speed
10% additional Physical Damage Reduction

How exactly do I proc it? First I'm specced into the Sanguimancy node on warlock. Sanguimancy is:

50% increased Life Reservation Efficiency of Skills
Removes all Mana
Skills Cost Life instead of Mana
Skills Reserve Life instead of Mana

TLDR it gives you blood magic. I'm using petrified blood, arctic armor, and vitality. This reserves slightly less than 50% of my hp. This is also how I get overleech. 50% of my life is protected by petrified blood, but I have about 55% unreserved life. So when I leech life

Life leech will attempt to recover life past the low life threshold. Since leech only ends when you are at maximum unreserved life, this effectively gives you an "overleech" effect like Brutal Fervour, as long as you have more unreserved life than your low life threshold.
(taken from the wiki)

I use vitality, and gain leech from the vitality watcher's eye mod

I have a That which was taken jewel

When I reach low life I gain adrenaline. When I press my life flask, my life goes from 50% to 55%. When I cast my spells it drops down back to low-life, proccing adrenaline. You normally don't use ur life flask as an offensive flask, but in this build ur life flask is used for offense as well as defense.

Warlock_Asc_and_Gearing

I specced into Crimson Power in the warlock ascendency, which states:

-6 Maximum Life per Level
Gain Maximum Life instead of Maximum Energy Shield from Equipped Armour Items
Removes all Energy Shield

You want gear with high ES values and life.

I bought fractured gear, and spammed essences + used harvest bench craft (defense/life) until I was satisfied. You can also use resist essences/harvest until you hit what you want.

The staff

grants "Spell deal added chaos dmg equal to 20% of your maximum life". The more life you have the better. Blade Blast of unloading has a 250% added dmg effectiveness. So it scales very well with added dmg.
The staff also makes you "Lose 500 life per second". Since you have a pretty sizeable life pool(thanks to warlock), you can easily overcome this with some regen.

- I have 7% increased life recovery implicits on my boots and chest
- Vitality
- Surging vitality on small life cluster jewel

- My amulet which gives me a lot of life and life regen

- Soul of Tukohama 2nd form which gives "Regenerate 2% of life per second while stationary"
- Overleech

My large cluster jewel is crafted to have life first and foremost, followed by dex (harvest life craft)

Rest_of_Gear

Forbidden flesh/flame for Withering Presence.

2 medium cluster jewels. Must have Pressure points on both. Other mod is optional/up to you. Overwhelming Malice is nice.

This jewel must have life on it, 7%. The other mods are optional. Need resist? Need str/dex? Then get resist/stats on this jewel. I got enough rez and stats on everything else that I decided to go cast speed on this jewel instea.

Adrenaline mod is a must have on this jewel. The other ones are up to you. I wanted more dmg so looked for "Hits have x% chance to deal 50% more dmg". I bought mine for 10 div.

You want a Hunter influenced Vermillion Ring ilvl84. Make ring white and use fertile catalyst to 20% quality it first. You can do this 2 ways:

-Buy a hunter influenced vermillion ilvl 84 ring
-Use a hunter exalted orb on an ilvl 84 vermillion ring

I then proceeded to spam harvest "Reforge with caster mod" until i hit despair and life. I had to annul to get an open suffix. Luckily I hit something useless. Craft "Minimum frenzy on it".

Minimum frenzy on ring with annoint on amulet = 2 minimum frenzy charges

2 frenzy charges with
= to gaining onslaught for 6 seconds every time you use the flask.

I'm specced into a small flask cluster on the tree. With the "Flask charges gain 1 charge every 3 seconds" and flask charges from crits on tree and flask, I can keep my flask up consistently

You're going to need strength for petrified blood. I could only lvl it to 19. Get an Elder ilvl 84 heavy belt, make it white and quality it to 20% with fertile catalyst first. Craft with

-Priamal chaotic resonator + Pristine fosiils
-Harvest "Reforge with life" mod

until you hit a flat life and %life mod ur satisfied with

My_Gear

Budget

I wasn't sure if this build was going to work. There were so many unknowns and experimenting cause I wasn't sure what was best and which direction to go. I spent about 50-55 div on gearing, crafting, and experimenting to try and make this work

If I were starting a new league knowing what I know now, I would budge about 20-25 div for this build. You have to craft most of ur gear and if you hit them early then ur price can be low. Knowing what I know now I would say around 20-25 div, can be done for much cheaper ofcourse, but if you want around my gear (which isn't that good honestly) that's what I would say. Give or take a few.

Atziri
Atziri is somewhat of a problem. She has curse reflection. So if you cast storm brand on her, assassin's mark, and pacify, she'll reflect all ur 6 curses back to you

You're on low life, so punishment will make you take more dmg
With pacify after 6 seconds you and atziri will be immune to eachother's dmg for the next 4 seconds

It makes fighting her weird if you do so. Don't cast any curses on her at all. The only thing that will be on her is despair cause of ur ring

POB
https://pobb.in/sqWggjA5jWsq

Videos

I'm very sloppy when it comes to doing content, but I got the job done

Uber Elder

Maven

The Hidden

Ghosted Phoenix (basic map clear)
Last edited by SoujiroSeta on Jan 2, 2024, 1:20:16 PM
Last bumped on Jan 11, 2024, 9:57:00 AM
_reserved
really intriguing, also kudos for doing stuff with warlock!

do you happen to have a map showcase?

is getting to 100% conversion a goal, or is this simply not feasible?
Last edited by staudd on Jan 1, 2024, 5:00:14 PM
"
staudd wrote:
really intriguing, also kudos for doing stuff with warlock!

do you happen to have a map showcase?

is getting to 100% conversion a goal, or is this simply not feasible?

Thanks. Yes I will post a map showcase. Thanks for telling me.

100% chaos conversion would be ideal since I'm not really scaling the physical part of the spell, nor am i doing any phys-ele conversions or added as extra ele dmg. I make use of unholy might, but it's just a small part of my dmg.

I didn't see a feasible way to get 100% chaos convert unless I bought something like original sin and converted all my phys to ele. That's a whole different budget I can't afford. So did the best with what I had.

20% phys to chaos on gloves
40% of phys to chaos on chaos mastery
Take out cruelty and put in phys to lightning gem
Use original sin

That's what came to mind...but the price lol

You can also use the "While a Unique Enemy is in your Presence, 50% of Physical Damage Converted to Chaos Damage" eater of world glove implicit. This requires an orb of conflict and only works when a unique monster in nearby. Still not 100%, but pretty close.
Last edited by SoujiroSeta on Jan 1, 2024, 8:01:21 PM
Added a ghosted phoenix for basic map clear showcase. Build isn't the fastest of the bunch cause you do have to stand still and cast BV but occultist pops, as always, help clear packs.
Last edited by SoujiroSeta on Jan 2, 2024, 1:21:40 PM
b
b

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info