Really stupid noob question about item quality %

I'm a noob noob, literally started a week ago and am only at lvl 40 or something. I'm just starting to take an interest in crafting and am reading some guides - however they all talk about the quality as a percentage (and how it maxes at 20% unless you craft with some other stuff I'm not bothered about at the moment).

However, and I feel stoopid for asking, where can I found an item's quality??

I cannot find it referenced anywhere on the item, and when I look at craftofexile, or other sites, they mostly reference the ilvl, but not the quality percentage.

I can't help feeling it's right under my nose and I can't see it for looking.
Last bumped on Jan 2, 2024, 12:09:09 PM

Compare the two items real quick. The chest has quality on it, while the boots don't. If an item doesn't have quality, it doesn't mention it at all.

Quality can be added to weapons and armours for the most part, for which you can use these currency items respectively:

Quality affects the base stats of an item. That means if your body armour provides 100 armour and has 20% quality, that value is increased to 120. Same logic with weapons, where the quality increases the base properties (here: damage for attacks)

It should also be mentioned that the higher quality an item is, the higher the odds of achieving higher number of sockets, and also linked sockets, with these two:

That's at least the quick and dirty
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
you dont really need to craft anything at that level. just benchcraft resistances on gear to make you sure have 75 on all elemental resistances, nothing else is needed for now
Items with quality will note it near the top, items without quality listed (which is the vast majority of items in their natural dropped state), have a quality of +0%.
Thank you! Really useful info!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info