[3.23] Energy Loop / Best Self-Cast Mechanic in the game (Minion, perhaps?) - Afana

[3.23] Energy Loop / Best Self-Cast Mechanic in the game (Minion, perhaps?) - Afana

Hello, exiles!

I'm excited to share a build that I've been developing since the last league, with successful testing on minions. With the addition of charms and transfigured gems, I've been able to put the concept of this loop into practice. I hope this idea inspires you to create incredible new builds.

Build Video:

The essence of this build is to use energy shield to fuel a loop of buffs/skills that activate secondary mechanics of your main skill. In the video, I present two builds, with the first one focusing on Frostblink of Wintry Blast. This build offers a significant bonus of 114% more damage if the enemy has a 30% chill effect. However, this chill is removed upon hitting the enemy, creating the need for constant renewal, which is challenging in self-cast builds.

Equipment:

Use of the Scold's Bridle Mind Cage helmet to generate self-damage, multiplying mana cost by 400% and applying it as self-physical damage on cast.

Spoiler

Maintaining the loop on Energy Shield with the use of "Nine Lives" and "Corrupted Soul," causing half of the self-damage to be applied to the energy shield, allowing time for the recoup generated by "Nine Lives" to take effect properly.

Spoiler

Class Restriction:

This loop is only possible in the Necromancer class, thanks to access to "Essence Glutton" and "Nine Lives."

Build Defense:

As the build doesn't scale physical resistance, the best defense is to focus on blocking attacks/spells with Spirit Offering, use evasion whenever possible, and freeze enemies with ice skills.

DPS:

The loop generates corpses to feed Corpse Pact/Offerings, providing 160% to 200% cast speed and other buffs. Additionally, the build's mana cost exceeds 400/sec in most tests, allowing the use of an item to help maximize critical strikes.

Spoiler

Spoiler

PoB Example 1:

PoB Example 2:
Spoiler
https://pobb.in/7Xasn2YbAncl

Contact Information:

I will continue updating this forum post with new combos and tests. Feel free to comment with suggestions, questions, or ideas, as the best contributions will be included in this post.

Discord: carlosteodoro

YouTube: www.youtube.com/@afanapoe

Good luck, exiles! May this build inspire and elevate your experiences in Path of Exile!
Last bumped on Jan 8, 2024, 2:56:49 PM
This looks very interesting! I can't watch the video at the moment, so sorry if you mentioned it in there - what's the rough cost of this build to blast t16s? Thanks
"
Raal131 wrote:
This looks very interesting! I can't watch the video at the moment, so sorry if you mentioned it in there - what's the rough cost of this build to blast t16s? Thanks

"
forbbiden and body armor are around 80 div, I spent 130 div, to assemble 2 builds.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info