PS5 League Countdown

This might just be the way ps5 does DST inaccurately, but if you are in DST it adds an hour to the countdown. I am in CDT and countdown says 16 hours, which is 3pm, the league will start. If I pick a time zone not in DST, timer says 15 hours. Non issue after league starts, but as has happened in past leagues, we will be able to log in with an hour still on the clock.
Last bumped on Mar 29, 2024, 10:14:22 AM
Yeah, in some parts of the world, the in-game countdown timer on Playstation is almost always wrong by 1 hour.

Check the main website here instead to see the real start time.

When I complained about it as a bug, they said it was Playstation's fault, not theirs.

Which is super weird, because it could just load the timer from their own website, instead of bothering with PSN stuff.

It's not like a timer cares about time zones. If there's 23 hours, then there's 23 hours left, no matter what time it is.
"
QQPQ wrote:
Yeah, in some parts of the world, the in-game countdown timer on Playstation is almost always wrong by 1 hour.

Check the main website here instead to see the real start time.

When I complained about it as a bug, they said it was Playstation's fault, not theirs.

Which is super weird, because it could just load the timer from their own website, instead of bothering with PSN stuff.

It's not like a timer cares about time zones. If there's 23 hours, then there's 23 hours left, no matter what time it is.

Its because countries in southern hemisphere already turned clocks by 1 hour while northern hemisphere will do it later.

I agree they need proper countdown.
"Fix it soon becaise beong locked out of my wealth and my character puts a hold on me trading and bartering to increase my wealth" - Nameless Forum Poster.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info