Viable established precedent for an MTX gifting system that avoids RMT and adds value to MTX

I am currently in a situation where I want to buy more supporter packs because they look cool, but I am already fairly saturated with MTX and it would feel bad to just have a closet of old stuff I don't use worth way too much real money that makes me feel bad about my purchases.

I also have friends I play with that are on the broke end that I would like to gift MTX to, but then it gets a little weird because then the feelings of 'they should probably be using the money I would have to gift them to buy the mtx on things that are more important than poe skins' get in the way.

So I propose a system inspired by a recent game's trading system that would add value to owning an excessive amount of MTX - the ability to gift unwanted MTX to friends under very specific requirements that would inherently combat RMT or fraud.

Last Epoch has a very limited trading system among friends where playing with them for a sizable period of time (I believe measured in exp gains but there could be more factors) will cause an item called a resonance to drop which allows for a single instance of gifting one item to that specific friend.

A system like that could be adopted to POE and allow for the reuse of old MTX, the greedy people might mistakenly assume at first that this would reduce sales but I feel the increased inherent value this would add to otherwise-redundant MTX would drive sales not only for people who buy too many skins (me in this case) but also for those being gifted that get a taste and then desire more.
Last bumped on Mar 29, 2024, 10:39:09 AM
that just open super big can of super slimy worms. that no1 wants to deal with it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info