PoE 2 Should have a "Midcore" Tier between Hardcore and Normal

I know a lot of people like hardcore, and I know a lot of people like the "idea" of hardcore but are either too333 scared to play a version of the game where their character gets deleted, or don't like the idea of all that time going down the drain. In that case they just play normal, which is fun but has little to no risk involved with dying, thus killing off the use for any defensive stats or builds.

Hardcore players like to play hardcore because the risk factor of dying is so huge that it adds a level of depth to the gameplay as far as what you build, and how you move through the game.

How cool would it be to have a "Midcore" mode where dying resulted in something along the lines of one piece of your gear being randomly deleted, so the risk is still huge, but you aren't potentially losing hundreds of hours, or feeling like you should just quit for the season because you died.

I Should also note I am not experienced at PoE so maybe my idea is dumb to PoE veterans, but I know I have a friend who plays hardcore and would like to play together, but there's no shot I'm willing to risk my entire character and all of my time spent while playing. However we would both play a mode where dying resulted in a really harsh penalty such as deleting one of my pieces of equipment.
Last bumped on Apr 25, 2024, 4:28:09 AM
[Removed by Support]
If you want that just roll dice and delete your gear yourself.
Last edited by ShaunB_GGG on Apr 25, 2024, 4:40:50 AM
True, delete hardcore mode and just delete your character yourself
The character doesn't even get deleted if they die in HC in PoE.
It is moved to standard dc instead. Now sure, for most hc players that's irrelevant and they'll delete the character.

Also, not experienced poe player but your account is from 2013
Interesting
Last edited by imanubcake on Apr 25, 2024, 4:20:12 AM
dawg i played for like a couple hours one time [Removed by Support]
Last edited by ShaunB_GGG on Apr 25, 2024, 4:41:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info