Border line of scripts "Process Automation"

Couldnt find any information related to scripts in ToS, which can be and cannot be used to partially automate some processes.

For example, when you roll a specific mod on an item with alteration orbs, and it can take ages to hit, and you accidentialy roll it over, its quite frustrating (especially when you have some problems focusing your attention like me).
So my question is can I use a script which will block LMB button if you hit the right mod (with regex check), or is it against ToS? Where is that "automation" border line?

Another example, lets say the previous script is allowed, but what if i would go further and use a script which will click an alt orb and then check every time if regex matched? It would not be a complete item, its just a one mod, which would take triple time otherwise, would that be allowed?
Last bumped on Apr 30, 2024, 11:38:14 AM
In general, we do not encourage the creation or use of third-party tools because they provide advantages for players that use them. Due to the dynamics of our policies, we're unable to guarantee if a tool is allowed or would remain allowed in the future.

We recommend refraining from creating or using any program that automates gameplay (such as your example) or does more than one action with a keystroke or mouse click, as well as anything that interacts with the game client to provide an advantage over other players or provide information that isn't normally visible.

If you have any further questions please email support@grindinggear.com.
I'll be more specific for support (since the reply is canned)

Both of the things you want to do here do multiple things, both of which would be bannable.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
So basically if the script do multiple actions per one button press that is considered bannable? But what about regex checking?
I mean i wouldnt say that the first example with LMB blocking will be considered as "advantage". But overall such script would indeed do multiple actions as 1. regex checking 2. block button click, but is it really doing multiple actions?

For context im not trying to find any loopholes in rules just wanna make sure and double check that even if i would use some scripts it will not lead to ban.
Last edited by shalfeyoo on Apr 30, 2024, 5:00:19 AM
You are trying to argue semantics.

I'm not interested and neither would GGG be interested if that is your argument after getting banned.

It is against the ToS, there is no wiggle room....that's why GGG give the canned response they do, because it denies you a way to go and say "but look you said here X was ok."
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Apr 30, 2024, 8:27:15 AM
Fair point. I mean i completly understand the point of an answer such as that.

BUT. When you see definitions as "automation" or "multiple actions" you need a context from the side of developers. For example, again, there is a third-party application, which calculate and picture a number of chaos sets in ur stash. Cant remember its name, but from my point of view that is exactly what can be called an advantage, less time spend managing and calculating what you need to make chaos sets. But it seems like that application is allowed and will not lead to ban, at least i didnt hear of such as the time of this post.

That is why i am wondering if there is a safe zone of using third party scripts/apps which allow some functionality (regex checking mentioned previously)
In regards to multiple actions they do have some clarification on this. Multiple actions to them is multiple server side actions. Thats why they allow the logout macro because even though its multiple keyboard clicks its only one server action (log character out).

I agree this sounds quite banable though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info