ZiggyD's RNGesus Challenge

I can't find any threads with this great idea. ZiggyD has come up with a rough version, but you can modify the rules to your liking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQp6v36X2NM or tinyurl.com/rngesus-challenge

ZiggyD's initial ruleset:
Spoiler

The dice (or random.org) decides all! basic ruleset below!
- Random 1-7 for class
- Random 1-26 for each letter of your name
- Random each skill gem selection
- Random 1 (yes) 2 (no) for if you have to use a skill gem that drops
- Random 1 (yes) 2 (no) for if you can use a gear upgrade or not
- Do your best to understand the will of RNGeesus!

unsane's ruleset so far:
Spoiler

* Hardcore, self-found, solo.
* No rolling on whether you can play the game. :P
* Randomize class.
* Randomize number of letters for name.
* Randomize each letter (name must be pronouncable, so if you e.g. get 4 consonants in a row you can skip until you get a vowel. Add _RNGesus or _RNG if you have space.
* [bad rule, removed] Randomize Scroll of Wisdom & Town Portal stack location.
* Randomize whether to allow equippng any item you want (or may want) to wear (including whites). Everything else must be dropped, vendored, or stashed in a "no-equip, no-use, vendor-only" section (saving for vendor buying and selling allowed). Anything RNGesus allows to be equipped or used can be stashed.
* Randomize quest rewards.
* Randomize whether you can use a gem, whether starting gem, drop or quest reward.
* If you want to equip a flask, randomize which slot it goes in. Repeat until you don't have a flask on the cursor.
* After purchasing an item from a vendor, must randomize whether you're allowed to use it.
* Fully randomize all skill points.
* If you want to use a currency item, randomize whether you're allowed to (including TPs and Wisdoms).
* For optional 1-reward quests, randomize whether RNGesus allows the reward.
* Randomize which hotbar slot the skill goes in (with allowance for rerolling if an awkward skill goes to Left-click).
* Randomize whether you can touch a Shrine.
* Randomize whether you can identify an item you want to identify (and then randomize whether you can equip it, as normal).
* If you can't recall whether permission was granted, ask again.
* Items that are denied can be stashed for rolling items/etc., or banished to your permanent stash.
* No repeating zones (personal preference).
Necropolis: 97
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
Last edited by unsane on Aug 14, 2014, 10:00:13 PM
The story thus far...

Act 1
Spoiler
* Shadow Hqidksep_RNGesus was born.
* Denied access to both the starting weapon and the starting gem. Punched Hillock to death in frustration.
* Denied the first gem quest reward (Freezing Pulse).
* Permitted first skill gem: Bear Trap (Mud Flats reward)!
* Denied first purchased Medium Life Flask. Thought better of purchasing another.
* Permitted the Dweller quest reward. Great relief.
* Permitted Alchemy Orb, placed in stock.
* L5 passives, gear:
Spoiler

* Denied Poison Arrow drop off Hailrake.
* Permitted Fire Trap Hailrake reward. Hm, BT+FT, we have a Trapper!
* Denied equip of purchased MS boots.
* Denied 2x 24% Rustic Sashes purchased with final 4 Scrolls of Wisdom. Damn you RNGesus! Uh, i take it back... I take it back!
* Permitted Fetid Pool Book of Regrets! Some interesting metagaming possibilities here...
* Permitted Shield Charge drop. No strength to equip it yet. I could gamble on buying an Amber Amulet, but i'm going to need a Jade Amulet anyway lookslike.
* Permitted Quicksilver drop @L10! Praise RNGesus!
* Denied Flicker Strike Brutus reward.
* Denied equpping 2x Amber Amulets after purchase. Blast!
* Denied first corrupted zone reward of Vaal Power Siphon! Ouch, that one hurts.
* Denied Fairgraves Skill Book. My god is a vengeful god.
* Denied Cold Snap drop.
* Permitted Merveil reward of Fork. My god is a good god.
* Merveil was vanquished @15, begging RNGesus to allow me to TP was not required.

Act 2
Spoiler
* Denied Added Fire Damage drop!
* Denied Chamber of Sins reward of Desecrate! I've really been unlucky with gems... 4 allowed 8 denied or so.
* Denied Molten Shell drop. Heathen! Repent for your sins!
* Denied Town Portal request at Weaver fight.
* Denied Weaver reward of Lesser Multiple Projectiles!
* Denied Church Book of Regret reward. "You are not worthy, do not return to the church until you have been cleansed!"
* Metagamed bandits, went to Oak first. RNGesus chose KILL.
* Kraityn oh lord? "He must die."
* What is to be the fate of Alira? "Spare her. She will be your ally." 40 mana it is, for the first time ever.
* Denied Vaal Immortal Call after taking down the Metalsmith in my 2nd Corrupted zone.
* Permitted creating a Town Portal at Vaal. L25 335hp 56es. RIP Vaal, portal unused.
* Build, gear at Vaal fight:
Spoiler

* Permitted the forgotten Way Forward reward!

Act 3
Spoiler
*Denied Barrage drop.
*RIP to Perpetus. Dunno how i messed that up, pulled him alone and everything. Sigh.

* The end.
Last edited by unsane on Aug 16, 2014, 2:36:58 AM
[Relocated above.]
Last edited by unsane on Aug 13, 2014, 12:07:56 AM
Love this, Unsane and Ziggy. Keep us posted.
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
UGNM the templar got up to merveil and killed her, heres his build http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABVsjTTLRN0dANkRyRUddxmushMSLjLT5tQQ=

Used ground slam with a sceptre, then heavy strike with a shortsword and shield, then adding summon raging spirits, then infernal blow from a drop with a staff, then tempest shield with a sceptre again, then whirling blades from a drop with a shortsword, then finding another sceptre and using that, then adding fire trap from a drop. Final choice was added lightning linking to infernal blow which made the mana cost too high to use it for long, as RNGesus never let me use anything better than a single medium mana flask.

Gear I forgot to link before deleting the character. But it was silly enough to be fun. Not as unique as ziggys duelist sadly.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
Last edited by Wooser69 on Aug 12, 2014, 10:31:18 PM
This is how I decided what character to race on for awhile.
I started a similarly-inspired project yesterday; I'm keeping a log of the details in this thread.
"Nothing happened." - CharanJaydemyr, TheWretch

Sayya's Item Filter (updated for Ritual!) - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1260712
The will of RNGesus was not with me. RNGesus wished me to become a marauder, and so it was. he chose Groundslam as a quest reward for me, and so it was. THE FIRST MOB i killed after leaving Lioneye's dropped an 18% quality superior groundslam. AND THEN I ASKED RNGESUS IF THIS WAS A SIGN, THAT I SHOULD EQUIP THIS GIFT. He said no. I THREW IT ON THE GROUND.

Praise be RNGESUS.

Made it to Brutus before RIPing, dual wield swprds reave switching to burning arrow+vaal spark+storm call marauder.

Deleted charectar and started anew.

RNGesus light my path.

Made me cringe every time he said his characters name
Looking ahead, i don't see how any disciple of RNGesus can avoid being sacrificed to Dominus phase 2. Much farming ahead.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info