[3.10] EpicFail42's Loot Filter - DISCONTINUED

OK, spent some time experimenting, borders look reasonable if their alpha is lowered enough, so I added yellow for chaos and cyan for regal. Feedback is welcome.

Highlighting only small (3*1) weapons for recipes as suggested above is not really an option for a general purpose filter: some people do use 2-handers for that (one 2-hander is worth fewer alt shards than two 1-handers), and it would be unfair to leave them without highlighting. So, the most general option wins: every rare gets the border (except those low-level chance recipe ones).
Last edited by EpicFail42 on Mar 13, 2016, 7:37:33 PM
hi, great filter.
i changed some sounds here and there but still, great filter; tnx.
thing is, i want the filter to always show Rarity Magic the following(default size/color): "Hallowed Life Flask" "Divine Mana Flask" "Eternal Mana Flask" "Divine Life Flask" "Eternal Life Flask " "Hallowed Hybrid Flask" and beside changing some values around, i can't seem to do much else.
i don't understand your hide filters for flasks nor what ex:DropLevel means(zone level?).

i find that IDing blue flasks saves me a lot of Alts + time spent rolling flasks.
(if you can give me some tips i can edit the .filter; much appreciated)
Last edited by kreca73 on Mar 14, 2016, 9:13:14 AM
Right now non-utility flasks work like this:
* while leveling, you see only level-appropriate flasks (with current zone and flask level requirement checked together) of any rarity
* when you get to zones with level above 69 (maps tier 2), all life and mana flasks disappear, because by this time you've farmed many zones and found enough flasks
* it's convenient to put a few white ones of your favorite kind into your stash for rolling them yourself after making them 20% (each white one takes four baubles, but blue one - 10 baubles, and it's easier to get a lot of alts for rolling than to get 50 baubles)
* to get baubles you generally collect all quality flasks for the recipe - and they are always shown

To implement your wish you go to the section "# Section: Chance items" and insert the items you want to always see in that area (this section cannot be moved to the beginning or the end due to how filters work - it has to be located in the middle). This section is used for any kind of customization - displaying items for alching, chancing, high bases, etc. If we take your wish literally - you'll add something like this (I'm not certain what the correct names are, so I copied them from your message).

Show
Rarity Magic
BaseType "Hallowed Life Flask" "Divine Mana Flask" "Eternal Mana Flask" "Divine Life Flask" "Eternal Life Flask" "Hallowed Hybrid Flask"

In my opinion, it's not the right way to go (what if GGG changes these names - you'll need to catch that and update your filter), but it will certainly work.

You can also replace this with something like this:

Show
Class "Life Flask" "Mana Flask" "Hybrid Flask"
Rarity Magic
DropLevel >= 55

(55 should be the one that Hallowed ones require - I'm not sure if that number is correct)
Last edited by EpicFail42 on Mar 15, 2016, 6:26:04 AM
simple & noice
As usual, Prophecy league seems to require no changes in the filter. It will keep on working without changes without any problems.

Perhaps, after we see the prophecy items themselves (coins and prophecies), we'll want to make them bigger and louder, but that will have to wait for a couple of days. I'll update the filter in the first hours of the league if it would be needed.
Thank you for the heads up!
Default size and sound for Prophecy items were a bit too understated, they are rare and fun enough, so I've moved them from the default level of currency one higher, equal to Chaos Orb and similar orbs.

Haven't been in the maps yet, so haven't seen lab keys, but they should display just like maps and fragments, almost certain no changes are needed there.

Version 12 is almost certainly final for the Prophecy league. Have fun, exiles!
"
EpicFail42 wrote:
Version 12 is almost certainly final for the Prophecy league. Have fun, exiles!

Nope, another version is here mid-league. Nothing major, nothing really changed, but three minor improvements are added.

First: lab boxes and 36 boxes prophecy often give a lot of corrupted items with white sockets, which are rarely useful, but their size was really big. Now they are smaller.

Second: orb of scouring, while being about as valuable as alchemy orb (after all, scouring+alchemy=chaos), was in default low-tier currency, so it was too easy to miss. Now it's in the mid-tier currency.

Third: after playing for a while with the new sound system in PoE, all the juicy reverb and generally nicer sound led me to try some of the sounds again - and they are better now. Two new sounds used - 7 for Prophecy items, and 9 for chancing examples. As always, sounds are very personal, current ones are an attempt to displease everyone equally and fairly, so if you don't like them - just change them to what you like, it's really easy.
In 2.3.2 there is a new option. Quarl described it like this in the patch notes: "Added "Identified" as a filter option for Item Filters. Valid values for this filter are "True" or "False"."

It doesn't seem useful for normal gameplay (it was mostly intended for Animated Weapons with the new armor), so there is no need to do anything with the filter, as usual.
Last edited by EpicFail42 on Jul 19, 2016, 6:32:12 PM
The filter changes were published by GGG, and the good tradition continues - there is nothing that needs to be changed in the filter for the Essence League.

As usual, I recommend to revisit this thread after the league actually starts. I'll check if the Essences themselves need to be a bit more prominent, and if they do - I'll update the filter accordingly.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info